Aberrant: Stargate Universe - Table Talk - General OOC Thread.

Mr Fox

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally Posted By: Dawn, OOC
Originally Posted By: Forge
When is the game set in '04? Is this before or after Dr. Janet Fraiser's death?

What?! frowncry

Yeah, I had read in the wiki while doing research for my intro. I actually used the replacement doctor in mine...oops. Oh well...have to rewrite that bastard anyways...

Originally Posted By: Mr Fox
Sorry about that. Yes, some people are just now watching Season 1 so please don't post about things like O'Neil and Teal'c messy gay love affair and break up in season 12. smile

Man... you made my cold, little heart flutter with this statement. Then you dashed my hopes. I am all for teh Gay. I'm sure that interesting things can be done with that Gou'ald pouch...

And you all think MY humor is tasteless and off-color... whistle

Originally Posted By: SkyLion
Originally Posted By: Mr Fox
Sorry about that. Yes, some people are just now watching Season 1 so please don't post about things like O'Neil and Teal'c messy gay love affair and break up in season 12. smile

Man... you made my cold, little heart flutter with this statement. Then you dashed my hopes. I am all for teh Gay. I'm sure that interesting things can be done with that Gou'ald pouch...

And you all think MY humor is tasteless and off-color... whistle

Yes, but I stopped there. laugh Here. In chat, I went on a bit longer. But I never got too explict.

Say, anyone interested in a treasure trove of Teal'c/Jack Slash?

Dude...Forge...Vinny cracks me up man...the way you write him is pure sarcasm and hillarity. Reminds me of a couple quotes, the first from Mel Brooks:

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when someone falls into an open manhole and dies."

and

It's always funny until someone gets hurt....and then it's just freakin' hillarious!

laugh

Great...

Declan, and everyone else who thought my character was cheesy or otherwise not deserving of your respect.

Enjoy. Due to the drama all of your bitching and moaning has caused Fox I have been kicked out of the game. Hope you are happy. Break out the champagne and the fine crystal and shit.

I find it of the utmost irony that the common complaint I heard was: my character is ruining the fun for everyone else. Bullshit. Look at SG 21...I havent ruined anyones fun. Brayden hardly even interacted with anyone. On the other hand, the extreme lack of respect and jeers ruined the fun for me. After you all royally bitched at Fox and whined about my character it gave me such writers block that I could not continue. You ruined my fun. thanks.

Yeah...gloat all you want. Perhaps you didnt get the acid dripping sarcasm I meant to convey. By saying thank you what I really meant was fuck you.

Thanks btw to Stargaizer and Long who were pretty much the only people to be true and genuine frineds, and thanks to Adrian and Rev for actually being...cool. I liked you guys. Never thought I would say that about Dave but now I think he is one of the most real cats here and knows how to disagree without enmity, unlike Declan, Ptesan-wi, Nova and others...

Hey all, I just wanted to touch base with everyone on Jaunt and his attitude (if you've been reading, the General is ready to kill him).

Part of Jaunt's personality and development is that he's supposed to be the loudmouthed little scamp that irritates people to no end, with the exception of Kyria, because he thinks she's cute, but he's bound to have to repair a bridge there eventually.

You'll notice, as you read his stuff, that while he's not around the SG people, or alone with only one of them he's not that bad of a guy and quite friendly. As time progresses Jaunt'll mature and 'man up', but it probably won't be until he's burned about every damn bridge around him and is stuck with the fallout of his own antics.

I just wanted to clarify that when it comes to Jaunt I'm not trying to be disruptive with him. The taunts and insults he shoots your way are strictly meant for IC stuff (like him ripping on Izumi), so please don't feel as if any of it is personal.

I'm hoping in time that I'll have the opportunity to have Jaunt trade words with everyone, since some of the characters could easily blow him off (but still be a bit pissed about his audacity) while others (like Vinny) would spit the vitriol right back and punctuate it wit a right cross. To me it's these interactions that make playing a PC interesting. I'd not feel as good about it if Jaunt was worded as being lippy, only insulted someone a few times, then one day matured. To truly feel as if the kid as ventured from point A to point B, he's gotta actually walk it and face the repercussions of those actions.

And of course if you feel that you'd like to have Jaunt not roast your PC with insults and taunts, just let me know. I'll refrain from it in fictions and we can just make references to it in an off camera way and just deal with the fallout itself.

So, seriously, just read and enjoy.

Originally Posted By: Jaunt
You'll notice, as you read his stuff, that while he's not around the SG people, or alone with only one of them he's not that bad of a guy and quite friendly. As time progresses Jaunt'll mature and 'man up', but it probably won't be until he's burned about every damn bridge around him and is stuck with the fallout of his own antics.

I just wanted to clarify that when it comes to Jaunt I'm not trying to be disruptive with him. The taunts and insults he shoots your way are strictly meant for IC stuff (like him ripping on Izumi), so please don't feel as if any of it is personal.

That's good to know, because while I thought you were planning for him to 'man up' eventually, I wasn't sure. Thanks for sharing your plan - it helps us all work through this to a great story full of fun and interpersonal conflict.

Also... Jaunt's totally on Livy's shit list. Someday, when she actually gains powers, this is actually matter. grin

Heh, he's not really a bad guy either, ask Kyria or Adi. smile He just has a problem with... 'you guys'. Don't ask me what that problem is, because he really doesn't know for sure, he's lashing out and eventually will answer for it.

How and when he 'man's up' I dunno yet, I've just been going with the story and waiting to see instead of actually trying to plan one particular thing.

Quote:
Sooner or later Dec's going to have to remind Jaunt about the lesson regarding that mouth and the problems with making shit personal.

This will probably happen when Caine isn't around to see it...

Bring it on old man. Bring extra Depends, you might need em'.

Quote:

The team trudged up the ramp in their gear and one by one went through, Gwyn made considerable noise pulling the ramp both himself and the cart weighing a combined total of over 600 pounds.

Wasn't sure what you were saying here Fox. Normally Gwyn weighs about 100kg ~220lbs so that would be a total with the sled of about 500lbs. If he has the DI up to increase strength, which he may not need anyway with his Str 5, his weight goes up to 800KG or ~2000

a 1700lb man bowls people over and knocks them out of his way. Kinda like a semi with no brakes running through a intersection full of compact car... they just get pushed aside.

Mega Str has nothing to do with teleportation. 1700lbs however is more than you can teleport because it is more than you can attune.

Archived