Aberrant: Stargate Universe - Table Talk - General OOC Thread.

Mr Fox

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some folks have mentioned that they haven't really watched the series much or not at all. That is ok. In fact, I think you will enjoy the game very well that way. Great sense of discovery since you don't know what happened in the show to compare it to the game, so don't feel that it is a detriment.

If however, anyone that hasn't seen the series decides to borrow it from someone and start watching... All I can say is stick with it through season 3 or so. The show took a little while before they really hit their stride. By season 3 you start getting some pretty good plot continuity going with interesting bad guys and political maneuvering with the NID undermining what SG1 was doing and such. Lots of fun.

Okay, for ease of everyone wanting to get in on the team goodness, let's start discussion of team roles and putting together multiple teams that can then work together.

Here's the team roles from the show, at least as far as I saw it:

Fighter (Teal'c)

Leader (Oneill/Mitchall)

Techie/Scientist (Carter)

Diplomat (Daniel)

Procurer/Alien Expert (Daniel/Vala)

SG teams didn't have a number cap, but I'd be leery of going over five just for complication. Why don't people post up what they'd like to do and see what teams we can make from that?

Hmm, not sure on HG's role.

Professional level science/engineer/demolitions but nothing world class, on the other hand he is almost as good or better with weapons as he is with the science/engineering. No social skills particularly though smile So all in all somewhere between a fighter and the techie/scientist I suppose?

*shrugs* I think that's honestly up to the player. I'd say yes simply that I think all the characters except mine will have been recruited into the NID for their skills and then would be teamed up by the SGC according to complimentary skills/powers.

I'm going to be talking to Fox about how/when Kyria will be coming to the SGC, and that might change where she'd be put.

I'm all for the metaplot chasers.

Captain Ryan Hawke is my character a Marine who successfully underwent the human enhancement procedure. He's a good man, loyal to a fault and a gifted tactician. He can serve as a team leader or a good second in command by skill set. He's skilled in all manner of things that a field team leader in the Marine Corps excels at, especially in hand to hand combat and the use of firearms.

Well, Dec's a fighter slot guy. Possibly good for an operational second-in-command too. NOT a leader: the guy's got some enhancement procedure-related issues that would make the top brass leery of putting him in charge of overall strategic goals. wink

He's an ex-Ranger, knows how to work within a small unit, and was enhanced with the goal of making a peerless soldier/killer.

Ok, tomorrow (time permitting) I am going to put together the official version of what happened to the lot of you and how you all got into the stargate program.

I also need to sort out who all I have approved characters for and backstories.

Once that is done we'll get this game rolling. smile

You are allowed to post, but keep in mind that a rescue is coming soon so don't post anything that would make that difficult to accomplish. No escaping the NIDs clutches. If you want to post what your character is doing in their confinement you can. Those being tested, get examinations, and tested to see what they can do, etc. However, you are all kept under close guard and they are very careful about not taking their eyes off.

Those employed by the NID and not under guard will be able to post accordingly.

Those in the SGC at the moment can post as appropriate. Caine is still under observation but can move about the SGC.

Ok, Major Logan, Lt Jacobs, Sgt Simms, Omar and Kyria are all welcome to post in the Prologue thread which I will be putting up shortly.

Logan, Jacobs, and Simms, you can feel free to post your actual arrival in the SGC and how you came to be there if you wish under your own Threads. You were all assigned to the SGC and have not yet become novas. That will happen during the rescue for you guys.

Everyone else can feel free to post as appropriate. I will be updating and responding to each of your stories as we go from now on. Either tomorrow night or Monday I will start the actual rescue which will be in the Prologue thread.

Archived