Aberrant: Stargate Universe - Table Talk - General OOC Thread.

Mr Fox

Backing also represents how useful the SGC thinks you are. I'd suggest buying at least one point as soon as you can, Jaunt. Otherwise the opinion of the SGC is that you're a security risk and should be kept on a very short leash, or so Fox said to me when I gave Kyria Backing 1.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, everyone has to have at least 1 dot of either rank or backing. (rank if military) They serve the same purpose however. They represent how much the SGC trusts you and how much freedom they will give you. More rank/backing also determines how much authority you have within the command structure and within your team.

Sky, you will find your intro in Olivia's thread. You will wake up in the SGC infirmary under guard. Please post in your own thread at that point.

Dec. I will copy that over into your thread and delete one. Don't want to clutter things up too much.

This may have already been answered somewhere in the Labrynthine Halls of this game but when does this game take place in relation to the movie and the TV shows?

Second, if Olivia and I both wake up in the infirmary, then rather than posting in our own threads can we be present in one Infirmary thread? Or is the idea that we won't have the chance and they will pull us straight to the Interview...I take it Brayden's interview is going to be a bit more teense given what he was doing...?

Third, If you would please delete Dana's thread I would feel much better...

Thank You.

Originally Posted By: Adrian Moss
I can come over and give you an indepth grilling ~ I mean interrogation. smile

That would be fine... I think. grin

Originally Posted By: SkyLion
Second, if Olivia and I both wake up in the infirmary, then rather than posting in our own threads can we be present in one Infirmary thread? Or is the idea that we won't have the chance and they will pull us straight to the Interview...I take it Brayden's interview is going to be a bit more teense given what he was doing...?

Usually injured prisoners are kept in a seperate area (so they don't take hostages from the injured around them). However, that is Fox's call, and I'll be happy to talk to him if he's there - believe me, Olivia has a few choice words for Brayden. wink

Olivia is welcome to post either in her own thread if it is a personal interaction, or in the Team Romeo thread (which I will be changing the name of shortly since it is no longer a thread for a single team.)

Brayden will need to post in his own thread since he is under guard and not being allowed to speak to anyone else pending his debriefing/interrogation. They have some questions to ask him... *queue dramatic music*

Anyone that is interacting with other characters in the SGC can post in the Prologue: The Rescue and Aftermath thread. I have combined the original Prologue and Team Romeo threads into one.

Again, for interactions between multiple participants please use the Prologue thread. For solo posts please use your own thread rather than creating a new one.

Thanks.

PPS:

If you are not a member of the SGC prior to the rescue mission, but were a victim or an employee of the NID, you need to have an interview with one of the SGC personnel. That can either be done via IC chat with myself, Kyria or Caine. Or if you like you can write up the interview yourself and PM it to me for review and I'll post it.

Once everyone's debriefing is done I will assign teams. Your characters will have two weeks of downtime before they are assigned teams and their official status with the SGC begins.

Note about Backing/Rank:

Those who were employees of the NID need to earn the trust of the SGC. Despite what level of Backing/Rank you have purchased, you will need to show yourself worthy of that backing/rank.

Also keep in mind that Backing/Rank can be lost via poor RP choices. Just like you can lose an Allie/Contact if you treat them badly per the rules, you can also lose backing if you act suspiciously or in an untrustworthy manner.

Yes. One of the major NPC, ie one of the SG1 members or Captain Caine (Adrian's character). Kyria or Adrian can perform the interview via IC chat if you catch them and they are willing to do so. Otherwise you can catch me in chat or you can even write the whole interview yourself using one of the major npcs as your interviewer.

Downtime is up to you. You are welcome to write about what you did during the two weeks observation if you wish, but I will not be making any stories out of it. In the show they have days, weeks or even months between episodes that we know nothing about. How you fill that time and what you do with it is up to you.

You will be getting a small amount of xp for the intro, but I will be giving out the xp in small doses since I want to keep this pretty low powered and since the episodes should be pretty short compared to the chapters in a normal game.

Good question. He'd started out in my mind as "Steve in this universe"... but the build has so many differences I'm not sure that's possible any more.

Fox, can this Steve be the 'next-universe' equiv of the old Steve? (If so then this is Steve or his twin or something like that).

In Amber terms he'd be a "shadow".

Question is reasonable. The issue is whether it is something that should be done or not. I'm not so sure if it should. It's kinda like an 'in' joke in a way, but only 2 people get to be in on it. In acting we used to call that actorbation. If the audience doesn't get it don't do it.

I think the point is that while Steve, Andrew, Cody, etc. may have counterparts on this world, Kyria and Omar's response would probably be something like "Oh. Huh." and moving on. It's expected when you jump possible timelines, and while a curiosity for the moment not particularly dramatically interesting. I don't see it really adding to the game/story.

I posted the interview, Fox. I changed some of the dialogue around to better suit the flow of the fiction however while some of the dialogue was changed nothing the NPC or Jaunt said actually changed meaning or intention.

Turned out to be damn long too...

Enjoy.

I mentioned this in Chat and it broke Carver's brain, so I figured I would share with the rest of the class... smile

~~~

I don't know about anyone else, but everytime I read about Courier's char in Starberrant, I think of the Spongebob episode where Squidward becomes handsome after having his face smashed by the Krusty Krab's kitchen door.

Originally Posted By: Oneca
I think the point is that while Steve, Andrew, Cody, etc. may have counterparts on this world, Kyria and Omar's response would probably be something like "Oh. Huh." and moving on. It's expected when you jump possible timelines, and while a curiosity for the moment not particularly dramatically interesting. I don't see it really adding to the game/story.
Yeah, point.

The name is the same. He's a totally different character. The appearance is very similar. He might or might not be a counterpart but if he is it's a distant one.

Archived