Aberrant: Stargate Universe - Table Talk - General OOC Thread.

Mr Fox

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally Posted By: Owns-The-Night
Originally Posted By: Adrian Moss

When I Zat someone's ass, they STAY ASS-ZATTED!!!! Muahahahha ...

{gets drug away for medication}

Does that make you an Ass-Zat?

So would that make his Werewolf/Garou/whatever they call themselves now; Zats-The-Ass? Or maybe Zatter of Asses?

FUCK!

I was deep into my intro and was writing it as a draft on gmail and then, in my tiredness I accidentally hit discard instead of save draft now. FUCK! And now due to said tiredness my brain is no longer working enough to try and get it back.

Hopefully later I will be able to get to the same level of poetry I had..I was really happy with it...

Team Alpha is now caught up with everyone else and is in the 2 week downtime with everyone else.

Remember you can continue your downtime in your personal thread as you see fit. I will be posting later today about team assignments and the future.

Originally Posted By: SkyLion
Hopefully later I will be able to get to the same level of poetry I had..I was really happy with it...

This personally, is the most annoying thing ever. I hate rewriting something I'd done once.

Also, just as a semi-humorous side question - do they really allow smoking in the SG facility? grin

Yeah, he can have the cigar and roll it around in his mouth, he just can't light it. Keep in mind that the SGC is a closed facility and all it's air comes from the surface via some serious filtration systems. The base commanders wouldn't be happy with people putting unnecessary strain on the system, and if someone were to light up pretty much everyone in the base would have to put up with the smell because of the closed nature of the system.

Actually in federal facilities, smoking, chewing, and dipping are not permitted. So by the letter of the law, no, he could not have the cigar. Forget what you see in movies and on T.V.

Now, personally I say fuck it. Give the guy his cigar and let him chew away. Something to trivial that's part of the PCs personality, should be given some leeway. Keep in mind that Wolverine is very much the same way, but there are several places he won't bring a cigar to (lit or not) out of respect for the Professor's rules within the mansion.

So, I think there may be a few higher ups who prefer him to discard it while in their presence, but for the most part he just breaks the rules and people don't say shit about it.

Just my 2 cents.

I don't want to beat a dead horse here, but even having the cigar in the mouth would be a big no go, at least walking around inside the base. Not sure how much Fox wants to keep a realistic military feel to the game, but for a LT to do that would give off the wrong message to the lower enlisted.

Well. I do want to keep it fairly realistic, but as long as he isn't doing it in duty areas he won't get much hassle about it. If he's in the mess hall, or gate room or some other place where On Duty personnel are stationed, he would get reprimanded. In the gym, or in his quarters, or out on a mission, I'm not going to bust his chops. Could be a good character thing, him checking his pocket before every mission just to make sure he's got his lucky cigar, then pulling it out and putting it in his mouth once they are through and have the gate secured.

Originally Posted By: Sgt. Declan Perault
Originally Posted By: Luchian
Originally Posted By: Adrian Moss
Dude, Adrian is a Vampire. He's not cool enough to be a Lycan.

In all fairness, MOST people are not cool enough to be Lycan. That's hardly damning.

We're a special breed. wink

Special enough for AKC certification?

Quote:
"Draw?" Declan offered, standing up easily with Kyria's hands still trapped and her legs still scissoring around his waist.

Awww...you two are soo cute... sickwink

Quote:
He spoke louder for the room to hear, "I will see you both tomorrow morning at 08:00 hours in the briefing room. That goes for everyone that was rescued from the NID facility and those who have been on medical for the last two weeks. Spread the word."

So the fight took place after two weeks had passed already?

Quote:
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

This is your friendly neighborhood ST bringing you an announcement.

There are (or soon will be) 20 players in this game.
I count 17 so far. It seems there are a few characers who are barely following along as well and haven't posted in awhile. Fischer, Soie etc...

Star, I think that was in chat. Anyhoo, there are less than a dozen character profiles up. Since we're hitting the point of team assignments and whatnot, would people mind posting up profiles? This will also give us at least an initial look at who all is active right now.

Yes, Please post profiles now that the game has started.

If anyone has changed their mind about playing please let me know.

We have 2 that have not posted this week but we also have another person about to join, so we are at either 20, or 18 right now unless I hear otherwise.

I will be posting stuff tomorrow and getting things rolling with Team assignments. For those who have not been active this last week I will not be assigning you a team, or I will assign you to a team together in the event that you haven't dropped that way no one is stuck with an inactive player on their team.

I count 17 character threads, including the two that have not posted this week. So 1 more would be 18 total including the two. If those two drop we would have 16. I know math isn't your strong suit Fox... winkgrin

Quote:

We have 2 that have not posted this week but we also have another person about to join, so we are at either 20, or 18 right now unless I hear otherwise.

Fox, due to my reboot I am a bit behind the others and am feeling like you are rushing us to the briefing rather than letting us explore our own threads a bit. I have always been in favor of actually roleplaying through so-called "downtime" rather than glossing it over. By the time the briefing happens I would have had a chance to meet and interact with the other characters and yet by forcing the briefing so soon, their is pressure to just move along with it and as I said gloss over it. Not to mention I would have had time to explore my changed status and abilities.

I don't mean to bitch and moan but it really does frustrate me and I don't see why we have to be so gung ho to just rush things along...

Archived