Aberrant: Stargate Universe - Table Talk - General OOC Thread.

Mr Fox

Actually the people on the different planets were taken from various earth cultures so they would have whatever language their ancestors had. As for everyone speaking english, I did read somewhere that the Asgard do have a universal translator. However, what it all boils down to is that the language barrier only exists when there is a plot reason for it to exist. smile

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally Posted By: Helstrum
I have to much trouble figuring out how to describe things I am doing. But I I did enjoy it, and am going to keep on reading everything that happens.

Hmmm. I felt you were doing just fine. It does take some getting used to. perhaps as you read, the style will sink in more and I can't imagine that you wouldn't be welcomed back... smile

Originally Posted By: Rorx
Adrian, do you want to edit your post(s) in One Bright Morning to reflect Pike's absence/departure, and would you prefer Jones or caine to take tail-end charlie?

I'll edit it. Looks like you are tail end charlie, Jones, but keep it close, unless you can run fast in all that gear. wink

Originally Posted By: Mr Fox
The SGC has practice weapons that look just like the regular ones they always use but shoot energy bolts that stun. You could be carrying those.

Oh, yay! Because that'll be better when Jones gets his ass stunned and drops Livy! wink

I can't wait to write that indiginity. grin

What are the stats for the stun weapons? Are we using the same mechanic as the stun power? Would it have a quantum rating? I am assuing it counts as an energy attack. Do the targets get to spend WP to begate success? I take it armor and force fields offer no protection?

It may be useful to have a Technology thread that details the mechanics of different pieces of tech as they become known/available to us, and perhaps including background costs if we decide to start buying Devices (I know I want to...)

Weapon details have been posted in the Setting Info thread. I will consider changing the numbers as we go if they look to be too effective or not effective enough. The idea is that they should match what we see in the show. Ie, Zat's stun a normal human with a single shot and kill with a second. Staff weapons kill a normal human with a single shot a good percentage of the time, but with your nova defenses and stamina you should not ever be Single Shot killed. In fact, unless it is for story purposes and we agree on it ahead of time I will never kill your character out of hand with a single attack. Even if the numbers come up that way, I don't think PCs should be that squishy.

Force Field yes. Armor no.

Zat is also resisted with Stamina+Resistance.

Staff weapons with straight Stamina.

You could always take Impervious extra on your armor to negate it's AP.

Again, we are trying to make the weapons work like they do in the show. Armor never helps against Zat's and doesn't seem to be effective against the staff weapons.

I should mention that taking Impervious on your armor just to negate the effectiveness of the enemies major form of attack is kinda cheezeball. But would be totally understandable down the road once you have been on the receiving end of their attacks a few times.

Its okay Dave. You and I have fought over the nature of player defined powers before. No need to argue the same thing again...we just agree to disaree.

And btw, yes I was kidding! My characters armor power is not defined as a force field. So there. Although someone else could, unless Fox rules otherwise, define their armor power as a persistently available force field (to use a Champions term...)

Originally Posted By: SkyLion
we just agree to disaree.

Fair enough.

On the point of weapons Fox, will we be assigned weapons, or equipment? Jaunt for example I don't see as using an M-16 w/grenade launcher.

What kinda goodies can we expect (if any) and can we submit a requisition form to you as to the wort of equipment we feel best suits our PC (obviously within reason).

Archived