Aberrant: 200X - Table Talk - General OOC Thread.

Mr Fox

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm back.

((Looks at what he just wrote and winces))

Wow, given the nature of my prolonged absence here, that was kind of a bad pun, wasn't it?

Anywho, aside from some persistent stiffness and a general inability to get a comfortable night's rest, my back is largely recovered from its injury. So I'll be easing my way back into things around here during the next week or two.

I see that I didn't get voted out as one of the Mods during my absence, which is cool, so I'll try to catch up with where we're at as a forum around here. In the meantime, if there are any pressing concerns that I need to be made aware of, please don't hesitate to contact me (obviously this is aimed at Rev and Shae, but it also applies to any players who needed to get a hold of me for one reason or another, but haven't been able to).

So, yeah, it's good to be back, and hopefully I'll have some posts to put up in here sometime real soon.

::waves::

• 1 month later...

Okay, moved the timeline up in Havana - it is now the Day of the Fight. I figure start time is around 7pm, have fun until then. Jason is getting to the arena around 1pm, I guess for preparation and Media stuff.

Anyone who wants to show up to watch the fight, feel free to jump in.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Jeremy, the PC you've submitted has a Quantum Score of 2 but a Mega-Perception score of 4. This is an error. A mega Attribute may not exceed the Baseline attribute or Q+1.

Curtis's Mega-Perception is capped at 3 until he gains a Q-Score of 3. Please review this and make any needed edits. I'll give you a week to resolve this, afterward Curtis will be 'on hold' until it's fixed and the PC is 'legal'.

Let me know if I can help in any way.

Still looks wrong... you did read the character creation rules didn't you?

Read them and then get back with me. If you're still not sure where the problem is I'll be happy to explain it for you. I know I could save you time and just tell you, but honestly players should be reading the rules before any PC is posted.

Quote:
Characters may have a starting Quantum of up to Q3 for no cost, but a score of Q4 or Q5 must be purchased with bonus or nova points. Characters created with a Quantum score lower than Q3 will receive extra bonus points (not nova points) which may be spent on attributes, abilities, specialties, or backgrounds. Five bonus points will be allotted to a character who is created with Q2, or ten bonus points for a character who is created with Q1.

Quote:
Bonus Points Log:
+3 Willpower - 6 bp
9 Specialties - 9 bp

You opted to start with a quantum score of 1 instead of 3. I say opted because you've read the rules in their entirety at this point and are completely aware that your PC started at Quantum 3, not 1.

Since you did opt for a quantum score of 1 you were awarded 10 free bonus points but you have yet to spend them according to your expenditure log.

You're not required to take the 10 free points by any means, but if you've opted to not accept them please make the proper notation on the character sheet, just so it's accurate and we're not confused later. Since the PC has been in play for a few weeks now please make the appropriate notation or expenditure within the 5 days or so.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Guys, I've got a question:

Is there enough interest in this board anymore to warrant moderators? I think at most, there's maybe half a dozen players and I know of at least three of those left that will not be playing their characters here anymore.

Dave is gone for the indeterminate future, Ein stepped down as a mod, Kazuo doesn't seem play here anymore even if he ducks in for mod stuff every once in a while, and I'm pulling out as a player. I can still stick around and check on threads/PM's that need mod attention, but it seems a little pointless.

Let me know if I'm wrong or if there's anything that is needed from me as a mod right now. Otherwise, I think I'm going to take a page from Carver and Jess in MCoH and just let this be a free-form board.

I do still check in on this forum about three to four times a week to see what's going on, but yeah, I see your point. There hasn't been anything that actually required my attention in months and months.

However, since it takes so little effort to pop in here from time to time (I can even do it from work, like I am right now), I plan on continuing to do that, just in case. I doubt that Modly attention is going to be needed around here anytime soon, but for what it's worth I don't mind being here on the off chance that it ever does happen again.

• 5 months later...

One Minute Closer to Midnight is open to all. The background on the event is (currently) left intentionally vague, so people can write the stories they like. Some characters might be inclined in helping with the relief effort or keeping order in the destroyed city, others might prefer investigating who caused it and why.

Victoria, BC is a city of about 330,000 (including the metropolitan area), and the capital of British Columbia. It's located on the southern tip of Vancouver Island, about a hundred kilometers (62 miles) from both Vancouver, on the mainland (BC's largest city) and Seattle. Victoria's major industries are Tourism, Technology, Education, and Federal and Provincial administration and services. Victoria sees a lot of tourists from Cruise Ships, many of which stop here on their tours of the Pacific. There is also Canadian Forces Base Esquimalt, a navy base just to the west of Victoria and home to the Pacific Fleet, such as it is. Here is the Wiki.

The device that devastated the city was a Gravity Bomb, which intensified and redirected gravity into a single point in space, the effect encompassing 1/2 to 2/3 of the city and an equal amount of harbour/ocean. In addition to mass amount of damage this caused, there is now a mound of debris and destroyed city several hundred meters high, centered on the epicenter of the blast (which was located in a sub-basement near the harbour.

If more people start to show interest, I'll of course do my best to add posts and details for them.

• 3 months later...

Do what you want with your PCs. It was a little vague because the first part is wide open to whatever you'd like to do. Do you want to find evidence to exonerate Corbin? Do you want to bury evidence? Do what you want.

I'll be much more proactive in part 2 - you'll be responding to what Chiraben does rather than doing your own thing.

Ok, but how are we going to handle this then once somebody states what they're going to do? In this case, as aforementioned, Donald will be searching for evidence to exonerate Corbin, presumably starting in Calcutta... but how do we determine what we do or don't find? I'm a little new to 200x events, y'see.

Just write something fun. Keep things within your abilities and be your own ST. Don't feel like you have to get or do everything perfectly, either. Roll behind the scenes and see how Evo does on what he finds. You know what kind of evidence he needs to prove Corbin.

This is your chance to nail down some of the loose Abby canon - at least for 200x.

• 2 weeks later...

I do have a question:

Ghostwriter was a reimagining, in part, of Codex/Samhra (who was pretty much an Author Avatar of me at the time) - same name, general background but different powers.

Is it too soon, then, to make a new character? I have plans for Precious. :P

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

So how active is this board/game these days? Was hoping to do some storytelling with Kazuo but he seems to be on hiatus. MCoH is the only other canonish world active right now but I think that might be more than id like to deal with on the real high end of things. Just looking to play a nova again casually for fun, without getting entangled in a web of games like I did before. My life has changed a lot in the last couple of years...

Edit: huh, that's interesting...since the board merger my account now uses my Eon avvy rather than my NPrime one...doesn't include my old Eon sig though. Weird.

Its only as slow as people are willing to be posting. I guess its not the new shiny though...

Still its the only venue I know where I can play "regular" Aberrant. I don't really do well with OW type forums... I usually need some kind of ST or moderated storytelling to maintain the mystery, suspense and the sense of "gaming" and uncertainty that keeps it fun for me.

Actually, it is slow, and the reasons don't always have to do with people being "willing" to post. Sometimes it just isn't possible. Then again, many of the games have a fairly slow pace right now, so that isn't especially unusual.

Additionally, there is no "new shiny." Most of the newer games (opened within the last few months, or re-opened within the last few months) have accepted a limited number of players. Everyone is sort of doing their own thing, and enjoying it. There's been no mass exodus to or from any particular game.

Archived