Aberrant: Dead Rising - OOC Stuff

The Fine Balance

What it means now is different from what it meant when I wrote it. I dunno....I really, really hate stringing this out. I think it has to die, or someone else take over. I don't care either way, but I can't do this. I'm sorry.

I won't be around after today, in all likelihood. Not for a while, at least.

(as in, too long to effectively do anything at all)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, I talked with Alex today in chat and asked him if he was ok if anyone picked up his (this) game and he said its fine with him.

So now I ask any of you guys, if you want to pick up the game and continue with the story or somehow work a "soft" reset (or whatever the majority agrees to) and continue this game.

I'm currently working on a new game of my own which is not compatible with DRs setup else I would've volunteered to ST this game myself. I hope that we find someone who is willing to ST this game.

Well, I picked up the game the first time Alex went on hiatus, but this time around I've got way too much stuff going on IRL. I would love to see the game continue though. The setting is a lot of fun and I like the characters in the game. I would be good with either someone picking it up from here, or with a soft reset. Either way I'd love to see it continue.

Heh. Well, ok, then. So I need to find out if Drew is ok with me picking up the reins, how you all feel about me retaining my character (Jules) and what kind of game you all would want to play in. There are a lot of themes that can be explored in a zombie game - which ones are you interested in?

I'm ok with you retaining Jules. Actually I'm very open to any theme/mood of the game. A MadMax kind of setting does appeal to me though (small settlements, tribe like coalitions, struggle for resources).

Aside from that I'm sure Drew is ok with you taking over, since he already said so.

Struggle for resources shouldn't be a problem given just how much of a hit the population has taken. Less than 1% of humanity has survived, there will be enough resources out there for us for quite a while. Some things of course would become increasingly difficult to obtain as time goes on, and some things would already be simply unavailable due to them expiring. I'm thinking of some medicines and things that have a very limited shelf life. Food on the other hand should never really be an issue though. With the population the way it is, game such as deer should be having a population explosion right now since there's nothing to keep them in check any more. Of course next year the wolves and coyotes and other predators will be exploding and the prey will be scarce, and that will go in cycles for a few seasons until nature reestablishes a balance.

I'm fine with Jules remaining in the game and being played by you Dawn.

Except for the struggle for resources issue I'm with Violet. I'm pretty open to whatever direction you want to take this. I think what has already been done in terms of setting is a good start. We've got some pretty well established characters and interactions that I think are pretty cool.

We also have a potential conflict with a government remnant group that would be fun to explore. Who knows what nefarious plots they might be cooking. Of course as you are taking over the game you can feel free to throw out whatever you want of what has already been done.

That means roughly there is only 66,022,241 people on the planet and only 3,011,399 left alive across the entire United States.

Yeah, I don't think resources would be a problem for the players.

That doesn't mean though that those resources aren't guarded, controlled or horded by other survivors.

Depends on what you mean by resources.

Food for example. There COULD be plenty, but lots of things could mess that up. Farming's hard when you can't settle down because zombies keep finding you. Not to mention both farming and hunting require skill sets that a lot of people don't have. What if there's no one in your band that knows how to dress and preserve meat? Or how to recognize safe berries and plants?

The single most important resource is always going to be that in a Post Apocalypse game: Skill. It's the difference between starving and eating, between living in the dark, and having power. Between dying and living. Or possibly undying, in this case. smile

I would be interested as well, now that I am getting back to gaming. Would you consider me Dawn? I promise to play nice! smile

If the answer is yes, I am curious to know who is playing who. Is the group missing any key skillsets? Obviously the new themes and focus of the game will play a part in that.

Also, Joani...what's this I hear about you brewing up a new game? Is it an abby game? I miss playing with you in NF and ItB...

Originally Posted By: SkyLion

Also, Joani...what's this I hear about you brewing up a new game? Is it an abby game? I miss playing with you in NF and ItB...

That's right, I'm working on a new game. It's not going to be an Aberrant canon setting though. I'm still contemplating which rules I will use.

But this will still take some time, so don't count on it any time soon.

Originally Posted By: SkyLion
I would be interested as well, now that I am getting back to gaming. Would you consider me Dawn? I promise to play nice! smile

Let me see what I've got already, and I have two people ahead of you who asked first. But if there's room, you're welcome.

I have sheets for:

Jules

Violet

Morgan Fox

James DeBeer

Dan Hawkins

Priest

Max's Un-introduced character

Is that all for the currently active characters? Because if I don't have your sheet at this point, I'm going to assume you're no longer interested in the game.

Archived