Aberrant: Dead Rising - OOC Stuff

The Fine Balance

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

V and Kristin are inside, AFAIK.

In fact, I think she and Dan used a room in the quarantine building for their break up (there is a secure exam room at the back of the building they could have used). So I don't think either of them left during the breakup.

Also, Dan's now talking with Jules, Sarah and Jordan.

Originally Posted By: Damon OOC
Someone just pop a cap in Jenn...Vio...Venus and be done with it. wink I don't think there is any doubt about her being a nutcase and beyond help. smile
V has her... :ahem: ...uses.

And then there's the whole survival of humanity thing too.

Originally Posted By: Dawn, OOC
V and Kristin are inside, AFAIK.

In fact, I think she and Dan used a room in the quarantine building for their break up (there is a secure exam room at the back of the building they could have used). So I don't think either of them left during the breakup.

Also, Dan's now talking with Jules, Sarah and Jordan.
OK. Thank you. I think James just walked up to them then.

Originally Posted By: Courier
Someone just pop a cap in Jenn...Vio...Venus and be done with it. wink I don't think there is any doubt about her being a nutcase and beyond help. smile
V has her... :ahem: ...uses.

And then there's the whole survival of humanity thing too.

Yeah, I don't care how sexy someone is, when they have a 'tude, their sexy quotient goes down by powers of ten.

AFA the survival of humanity...do you really want the continued existence of human kind to hail Venus as a matriarch? I can't imagine that she would raise her five children on that mountain as anything less than unholy terrors. Especially with Han. Especially. Especially. Especially.

And? That might look good on paper, just she's bat-shit crazy...some of the desperate or those who get completely mind raped by her might go along with it, but I can't see any self-aware, common sense-filled person letting her anywhere near them.

It basically boils down to any 'normal' person doesn't have any chance whatsoever to go against her will. But any 'super' at the refuge should be grabbing pitchforks and torches to run her out now while they still can, if not tie her to a stake. Cuz... you know, I'm pretty sure she weighs the same as a duck.

I can't see any self-aware, common sense-filled person letting her anywhere near them.
James isn't overly burdened with common sense. banghead

That might look good on paper, just she's bat-shit crazy...some of the desperate or those who get completely mind raped by her might go along with it...
In theory V does her thing 4 times a day and we end up with 1,200 extra people a year, over and above what the rest of the supers can do. That's enough for humanity to survive.

The alternative is every baseline woman never has children and our numbers drop too low to remain viable. "Desperate" is a really good word.

Further, what is it that she's asking us to tolerate? Her lifestyle and name? That she had a messy break up? Or even several messy break ups?

Hang...whoa there. 1200? Where are you getting that figure?

We have precisely zero information about what the extent of Violet's fertility power is. And that's us, the players! In-character, we have no actual evidence she even HAS fertility power beyond relatively circumstantial.

Unless Vi wants to start doing clinical trials, it may be awhile before we can answer these questions. smile

Jordan ninja'ed me. I double posted to reply.

Originally Posted By: SalmonMax
Hang...whoa there. 1200? Where are you getting that figure?
4 a day times 365 days a year with some vacation.
We have precisely zero information about what the extent of Violet's fertility power is. And that's us, the players! In-character, we have no actual evidence she even HAS fertility power beyond relatively circumstantial.
I'm assuming she knows when she spends juice and has some control over the power, which implies some idea of what she can do. Thus far she's used it twice. She can make people (or at least women) fertile, so that their next sex act gets them pregnant.

This matches up pretty well with the power in... I forget what it was called. The supplement about abby reproduction.

We have no idea if Nashwa wouldn't have become pregnant without Vi's 'help.'

I'm just saying, Courier, you have a history of jumping to conclusions on very little evidence, and then ferociously defending them even against reasonable doubt.

You could very easily be spot on that Vi's power has that potential, and works that way. You could just as easily be completely wrong. All I'm saying is...lets collect a bit more data before deciding we know what's going on. smile

Also...do you really think Violet/Venus would actually agree to such a plan, particularly if the people aren't going to stick around and kiss her ass? She doesn't strike me as the kind of character that gives a rat's ass about anyone but herself.

Originally Posted By: Jordan
She doesn't strike me as the kind of character that gives a rat's ass about anyone but herself.

That's not entirely true, or hasn't been in the past. Jules meant it when she said they were friends.

Courier: Here's the thing. One of the people she 'got' pregnant (if that's what's happening) was herself, by doing a fertility ritual. The other person didn't go through the same ritual. Ergo, by the way this stuff works, she shouldn't be the x-factor for Nash's pregnancy. V's had sex with a lot of people who haven't gotten pregnant. Additionally, all the stuff that Helen said about stress, fertility and sperm counts with multiple partners is actual science fact. So James is pretty much telling one of his wives - indirectly - that the real-world facts she's giving him don't really matter. Us lady-folk don't tend to like that. wink

In short, James is making a lot of assumptions that are going to probably bite him in the ass later. Just a fair warning.

Originally Posted By: Jordan
Also...do you really think Violet/Venus would actually agree to such a plan...
I think her power works sexually. And yeah, it's easy to picture V having sex four times a day.

We have no idea if Nashwa wouldn't have become pregnant without Vi's 'help.'
I think the issue isn't "wouldn't have". She got pregnant when V said she would, V spent juice, either V is actively lying or she helped (although James would love to try that again).

The issue is "couldn't have". And on that James (and to a lesser extent I) am/is jumping to the worse case.

Originally Posted By: Courier
She got pregnant when V said she would, V spent juice, either V is actively lying or she helped (although James would love to try that again).

I do not recall V saying that at any point in Gathering Covens or the PM we had wrapping it up. I do recall talking that Nash would become pregnant after the cleansing ritual...

And all that talk was OOC. Watch the metagaming. I'm not hitting you with any penalty (beyond a warning) because its a more fun to see James leap to a crazy, crazy conclusion. Which at this point has happened so often it's practically part of his concept now. wink

Hold up posting in the Box for a moment folks (that's why its locked temporarily).

Courier, Myf isn't outside with Dan et al. She's inside, with V, Adam, Gally, Olivia and Kristin. So we need some edits since people in two seperate locations are posting as if they were in one.

Okay, a little confused...what change do I need to make?

Myf was inside with V, Kristin, Gally, Adam and Olivia (I think that's all). James, Jordan, Jules and Sarah are outside the building, in another conversation.

That's the problem. smile

But...but...my cool 'we are not gods' speech!

And...there was nothin indicating Jordan and Jules were somewhere else. Jordan was watching Violet come in after leaving Dan...that says to me he was with the rest of us.

Edit

Oh for pity's sake. Okay there's no way to edit those. Just delete everthing Myf said after she asked Adam if he had questions about super zombies.

I can't delete posts, so I can't fix it.

No. It would make no sense. Just nuke 'em.

Besides I can'tedit them. There's no 'edit' option. I can either Notify or Email Post. That's it.

I can edit, and honestly, it is a cool conversation. You sure you don't want to edit?

Argh. I'm feeling petty and annoyed. Not the best time to be making decisions.

The post that needs to be edited is the one before the one you have there.

The post where she asks Adam if he has any questions. If that last part were replaced by her deciding to go check on Dan, then the conversation following would work.

Of course that leaves Kristin alone with V...but...eh. It's that or waste all the time and effort I put into all those posts, so...

Archived