Aberrant: Mutant High - Ultimate Aberrant: OOC Thread

Dave ST

The three plot threads take place within a few days of each other, but I kept them separate from the player written fics. You're welcome to place them in the time line anywhere you like. Just like in comics, don't let continuity get in the way of having a good time. As players simply agree on when it could have occurred, and go from there. If a plot thread has a specific impact on when it occurs, I'll specifically draw attention to it in a special post.

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll say this. I don't think I'll have the time in the next couple of weeks, and I agree that it would help, big time. If no one else has been able to get to it by the time I get to my vacation the first weekend of November, I'll see if I can make it a project. Unless I feel inspired before then and have some free time.

As a first round: Anything before the Relax/Dante's/LWW threads don't really need to be figured out. They're all done or abandoned or easy enough to figure out and can be added in later. I remember being told that that the three plot threads were supposed to take place "within a few days of each other, at most", so for ease of the time, let's just dump them into one day, alright? That would give us:

{Everything before Relax/Dante's/LWW}

WCGW is on January 13th and is before the plot threads because PIE is after it.

Midnight PIE and Relax are on the same day.

LWW and Dante's are somewhere around this time, possibly even before Relax and PIE, as it was stated the three plot threads were within days of each other.

BEGO, Picnic Study Session, and Moving-In Day are all after the plot threads.

WCGW is the only thread with a date on it. I would suggest putting dates on fics as we go forward, so that an actual timeline can easily be put together and maintained (mostly the maintenance part) going forward.

Here is my suggestion for a running timeline that avoids the most continuity issues:

{Everything Before}

January 13th - WCGW

January 14th - Moving-In Day

January 17th - Day of the Dreadnaughts

January 19th - Dante's Inferno

January 20th - LWW

January 21st - Relax, Midnight PIE

January 22nd - BEGO, Picnic Study Session

Well looks like Sakurako can't be at the Midnight Pie story after all since she would not even leave her room to violate her curfew and the fact if she even showed her face tehre it would become quite hairy. Also, how many others from the Dante's thread are there?

I want people to put the Midnight Pie thread on hold until this can get resolved. I will be on longer Sunday and Monday.

Nevermind, just edited my post to have Natalie head down. Although now due to events I'm pretty much sidelined until some different thread starts.

I don't see how it would get hairy. Just because your PC messed up doesn't mean a brawl or argument is going break out every time she shows up. I think you're seriously overestimating your PCs importance on others' calm.

She also does wanna lay low. Although she feels she did right she feels guilty for it. It would make sense for her to simply lay low for a week or two, then at least try to start rebuilding. Perhaps after everyone manages to get off punishment. People might be in a better mood then.

I'll think of something on my own here. I just gotta think of an angle.

• 2 weeks later...

I do have an idea now. Was thinking of having Sakurako volunteer in upgrading the van. Namely getting it in shape, increasing it's gas mileage (through a lighter carbon fiber frame and replacing the engine with a hybrid system), hermetically sealing it and giving it it's own stealth life support system, and a windshield HUD display made with a OLED (Organic LED) screen with a road detection system and an anonymous GPS system. Sakurako would love to make it amphibious (through modifying the doors to have the upper section still able to open above the van's water-line and have supplemental deployable pontoons hidden in the door runners that can inflate to increase the stability of the van, as well as a modded exhaust/air-intake snorkel system and hidden jet-ski like propulsion).

She just needs to enlist the programming genius of one Curtis Shane to the effort of making the Drive-By-Wire system.

Just a couple things I was thinking that Drumm would like to see in return, if I can also use him as a npc at the start:

1: Sakurako covers half the costs.

2: The vehicle only has defensive and safety equipment and not a single offensive weapon.

3: She handles all of the more manual labor within her ability.

4: She also helps with the normal mechanical upkeep of the rest of the motor pool (she is still under punishment after all).

5: At the completion of the process she has the school therapist help her beat her aircraft phobia. No questions or refusal allowed.

The last one would be the one that would make her hesitate for a moment, but would be interesting to see her struggle with after this project as a side story.

So... Curtis... Dave... sound doable?

Providing you can explain to me why a school needs a van that needs all that stuff, sure. It's used for transporting students to and from locations... like a school bus. School buses are not the safest vehicles in the world, but they've certainly done the job well enough since 1927.

Practicality is the issue. Having it would be awesome, sure, but is it practical? Also, Drumm wouldn't put a 'what if' on her phobia. Either the girl gets therapy for it or not, it's her call. He's not there to try and bribe her into helping herself.

I will say this though, it'd be hilarious and awesome to have her stride into Drumm's office, plunk down the tech specs for the new bus, and make the proposal only to have Drumm gently inform her that the current busses, while not capable of space flight, serve the school's needs just fine. :)

The idea was not nixed, it was simply pointed out that Drumm didn't need a super-bus and wouldn't just hand-wave approval of the idea. Not every storyline or character actions needs to be NPC-sanctioned. It's perfectly okay, even interesting, to have a character choose a path you know isn't going to go perfectly the way they want. It provides opportunity for character growth, interaction with other characters, and adding some actual pathos to the story.

That isn't the real issue the issue is getting to where Curtis and Sakurako would be working together. Thing is if Drumm would say no, then Sakurako scraps the project before the story could continue. The thing about Sakurako is she does in fact not want to rock the boat, although that right now has caused more trouble than she realizes. She's also in her view probably one f-up away from expulsion.

I'm sorry but I think I've both painted myself in a corner, but have no options otherwise available.

I think I'll wait for the next ST stories to come along. Either that or just give up.

You always have options. People are not (usually) so rigid that they never walk a bit outside the lines or get caught up in an idea.

You're incredibly black and white about things and give up at the drop of a hat. Do that if that's how you get your jollies, but mostly you just seem to find a reason why something can't work (from what I've seen, usually the first time there's a negative consequence for something for your character), then throw up you hands all helplessly and quit.

Your characters and presence in a game would go a bit farther if you had just a bit of flexibility and faith in others, both the ST and fellow players.

The thing is the idea was a way I could get something going with Curtis and Sakurako at least for a thread. Sakurako having her plan shot down would only end the thread there and just waste my time.

Sorry, not interested in that. Either the plan was too ambitious, or too game breaking (that is what it was sounding like for a bit).

I don't know if I'm expressing this enough, but I'm just not going to waste time.

Also this whole thing about things not going my way... Dante's wasn't exactly Sakurako's crowning moment. But that is perfectly fine.

I guess I'm just not getting it or something.

Addendum: Yep, I don't get it. Yep I get frustrated and... Yep, I haz a thread. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived