Aberrant: Infinite Earth - Infinite Earth OOC: General Discussion

Mr Fox

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a month or two Elspeth will increase her Q to 7 and pick up time travel. At that point she will be moving not only among the timelines, but also to different times. It will be possible at that point for her to meet Asche, and the other PCs.

Asche - I would be up for that after Sonja's and Hotstreak's initial thread. I had originally planned on them joining Teen Tomorrow, but maybe they could have an Encounter with Asche when they head to LA to check on Sonja's family.

(Note - while I plan on Sonja getting involved in Dimension jumping, I don't plan on doing it soon, and I'm not sure if she'll get ever get back to her original dimension/timeline.)

Originally Posted By: Sonja Bahaar
Asche - I would be up for that after Sonja's and Hotstreak's initial thread. I had originally planned on them joining Teen Tomorrow, but maybe they could have an Encounter with Asche when they head to LA to check on Sonja's family.

(Note - while I plan on Sonja getting involved in Dimension jumping, I don't plan on doing it soon, and I'm not sure if she'll get ever get back to her original dimension/timeline.)

Perhaps us who are lost or detracted from our desired time line can form some form of allegiance in quest of a semi-common goal, ie travelling. It would be nice if we could map our travels in some manner and backtrack should we desire.

Hey all... Fox and I, and the rest of you said it was ok for me to join. This was under a few agreements however and one was that I offer up plot lines from time to time. Far be it from me to seem like I am usurping the flow here but I wanted to see how some of you thought I should offer these plot hooks.

DO you want me to intervene as an assistant Mr FOx from time to time and drop little hints in the form of NPC's, news flashes, rumors, etc?

I am eager to help and get more things happening for those that want it.

Note:

I added the following line to the Character Creation thread under the Experience post...

5 XP per completed story arc.

So every story arc your character participates in that successfully completes you receive an additional 5 xp on top of your normal monthly award. Please don't start writing a bunch of one post stories to take advantage of this. wink

As always, remember that you must track your own xp and record it in your character profile thread.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to put it out there...

Anyone who runs a plot for others will earn 10xp for running the story.

(I know some folks have made the offer to do so but life has gotten in the way. That's no big deal and I'm not poking, just putting this out there as an incentive for folks who might be considering throwing some plot out there for others to enjoy.)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I don't particularly mind, though at the moment, the trip has been just the two of them. Just so it doesn't contradict what has already happened - Sonja and Daniel have been in the new universe for several weeks - we could say Curtis stepped through the portal a day after them, so they don't know the other is here, at least at first. There might end up being some pics of Sonja and Daniel on the OpNet by now.

For mutants in the Aberrant universe, both me and Long gave our characters the Eufiber Rejection Flaw(-2pts) and the No Node Flaw (-3bp; Cannot detect other sources of Quantum, nor absorb Quantum points from large sources of Quantum energy, nor attempt Rapid Recovery; Node solely determines how much Quantum per turn can be spent, and Quantum Recovery).

I would ask you take these two as well, just to keep things aligned.

Also, I should add, I don't update in this game often, and I don't particularly plan to change that. Just warning if we end up interacting.

So, I say, go for it. Just get Long's input first.

I intend on joining in soon as well. After reading the themes and what not of this particular Aberrant campaign, I think I'll make an original character for it.

Hopefully I'll have something for you in a week or two. Just have to think of a concept.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, after talking with Envoy we've started to hammer a concept out. I thought I should share a bit of my character's backstory. Yes, it's another Sakurako, but hey, she's my character.

Sakurako Hino, for all intent and purpose is the last living being from her universe. A group of Novas who call themselves "The Hive" had ripped every last ounce of quantum energy from her universe, sending it into a premature heat-death. The Hive craves energy and disdains all life that stand in their way.

Sakurako is sent from her universe as a sort of emergency record log, in a machine of her own contrivance, to investigate any incursions to other universes of "The Hive" and any threat they may have on other universes.

She has taken on the codename of "The Professor". And taken on a human assistant. A Sakurako of another universe by the name of Sarah Hideyoshi. She comes from a universe where the British Empire ruled the world until N-Day happened, and ambitous Novas in the nobility plunged the planet into a genocide, destroying any vestage of Humanity that remained. Sakurako practically kidnapped Sarah when she saw what was coming, and although Sarah takes exception to that action, is understanding of the reasoning.

The Professor and her other-universe sister and companion, Sarah, hop from universe to universe, the machine using energy from the Stonehenge gates to traverse the gap between worlds. Ever watchful of Sakurako's bogeymen.

The date Sakurako's universe died was October 1st, 2001. Her travel machine defaults to this date if there is no entered time-space coordinate. The vehicle itself is stuck in one outer shell form, it looks like a life raft, but the outer form is much smaller than the spacecraft's interior, with a control room, living quarters, cargo bay, engineering, medical bay, and a mess hall. The ship can jump between worlds as long as it has access to the Stonehenge rift. It is fueled by the chronoton particles the rift puts off and it uses the warp aperture Stonehenge creates when it opens to traverse to other worlds.

*laughs* Hey, I thought this would be a brilliant way for people to have characters from different universes to join together for stories - And have a way for people to jump in and out between "episodes" off screen.

Sakurako's Emergency Escape Ship has turned into her home and RV if you will. She's very hospitable and a good host. If you wish to start off with I, just have a good reason why. I and Envoy are going to hammer out how I meet up with Envoy, and we'll probably have our starting adventure between the two of us.

We'll probably need a "confrence call" in chat to hammer this out when the three of us are on.

Cool.

Dash is from a Twilight of the Gods-esque world (that is the Alan Moore 'lost' proposal for DC) where in 2011, dozens or so nova Houses rule the world, in political, economic, and various other spheres. In a mix of feudal and modernity, the world is under their thumbs, and most novas are from the Houses (kinda like the Dragon-Blooded Dynasts from Exalted).

The Directive in an altered form is one of the few forces that is any sort of counter-balance to the novas- including the few non-House novas that erupt. Dash is one of them, an ex-Directive agent; since by the time the crew meets up, the Houses pretty much destroy any pretenses remaining of nova domination, and the Directive with it. laugh

Archived