Open Game  ·  20 members

WEIRDER STUFF
WS ST

WS OOC

Psionic Potential

as you all know I had you list the psionic aptitudes on your submissions ... these are by no means final and the powers you will get but what they are is shall we say a road map. a couple of you have had things happen so far som eo fyou have not.

at this point we are moving toward the actual weirdness so with that in mind I would like to give you a little something to work with.

If you wish your character to manifest small unconscious bits of psionic things you may do so in your posts these should be small uncontrolled psionic burps using only the three aptitudes you selected. They should not have major effects should not even be readily noticeable unless some one is really paying attention and looking for things.

Examples could be Bannon getting angry and all the ice in everyone's drinks nearby melts or Lona's have the visions when she was super emotional, etc, or some of you who listed vitakinisis could have a minor healing occur.

These uses of power should not have any significant impact beyond being a weird occurrence. They should also not be a regular occurrence

Remember these are not conscious uses of power but purely subconscious.

Also using these powers no does not lock you into the psion class you may, until the general power up scene still be able to decide on Talent if you wish. nor does it necessarily lock you into these three aptitudes.

if anyone has questions feel free to PM me

Hey, guys, I have a friendly request. When you reference music in your post but don't list the song and instead just add a link to a word in the post, you're unintentionally doing a few irritating things:

1. You're making the reader stop their reading to click a link. You're already going through the trouble of linking the song, it would only be a few minutes more to type out the name of song. You could even put the title in a spoiler box if you really don't want to name the song in the IC dialogue. 
  2. You're negatively impacting up your own scene. The music is meant to help set the scene, but forcing the reader to chase down the song on YouTube disrupts the flow of the reading. They have to click, sometimes wait through ads, then restart their reading. If there are two songs, they have to stop the first or wait for it finish before starting the second.
  3. People with sound sensitivities don't want to get blasted with music just so that they have some insight into your character's tastes.
  4. People read on phones in public places without headphones. They can't always listen to a song.

This isn't aimed at any one person, I've just seen it several times now and I wanted to ask that people think about this when they're posting. As a note, I don't follow those links because of the reasons above, so if you want to share your PC's music with me, this is not the vehicle to use.

Thanks for reading!

While i understand how some may find it inconvenient the way some people link music or pics in their posts, it is up them how they do such links.

everyone has certain ways of doing certain things and unless what someone is posting is disruptive I don't see a problem with it. Whats irritating to some might not even be noticed by others.

Personally, I would have the name of the song be part of the narrative but that is just me. But other people write differently than me

In the cases where it is a link with other narrative text I generally just check out the link after i have read the post.

like i said everyone has their own way of doing things and while in  some projects and other things such as character sheets I may ask or direct even that you follow certain templates, to it is a foregone conclusion that we are never going to do so in our game posts. I just don't ever see that happening

I just ask that video's and songs not be embedded in any posts, as that takes up storage on the server that Matt has to pay for.

10 minutes ago, Dave ST said:

Says the player who linked 10 songs in a single post...

Yes, I linked the titles as the hyperlinks instead of saying, "Lona sang a song about being happy about hearing from someone" and turning that into the link. I made the title of the song, Joy, the link. Someone could read my post and never bother with going to YouTube, and still know what songs I was referencing. My issue isn't with the linking itself but how it was done. 

They could, but you're not taking into consideration that other people may have known one, or any of those songs.  I didn't know half the ones you linked.  So I stopped reading, clicked the link, and listened to the songs... accomplishing the very thing you're saying your method prevents despite having the song title and all that.

People with sound sensitivities shouldn't click on links.  What results from clicking the link is their problem.  No one forced them to click it.  You're rolling the dice, learn coping skills.  It's 2019... who doesn't know this by now?

If you're in public and you click the link, again, that's your problem.  You knew the risks.  Accept culpability for your own actions.  It's not the writer's fault PhoneGuyLOL69 decided to read posts and click links while he was in a board meeting.  Listen when you get home, it's really that simple.  If you can't listen when you get home, consider picking up a book on time management the next time you're out in public... clicking links.  If they have to listen to it right then and right there and can not wait, they have impulse control issues way beyond what links they click.

I just made a request, backed by reasons why I made it. If you don't want to listen to me, then don't. That is all.

1 hour ago, Dawn OOC said:

Yes, I linked the titles as the hyperlinks instead of saying, "Lona sang a song about being happy about hearing from someone" and turning that into the link. I made the title of the song, Joy, the link. Someone could read my post and never bother with going to YouTube, and still know what songs I was referencing. My issue isn't with the linking itself but how it was done. 

The reader only knows what songs you are referencing if they know the actual song. "Hey Brother" and "Hurt" where the only two of the songs you listed that I even knew, so listing the names did nothing for my understanding. If somebody puts in a link, I click on it, let it load and then go back to reading, like I did ten times in your post for Avalon's performance. 

The songs I link are generally what is being listened to on the stereo, not some crucial theme to the scene or anything. If people do not want to click on them, then don't. And again, listing the name of the song in the post does not help if the reader does not know the song.

Session II has ended.

I will do Xp and some other things. In the meantime The Interim Home Alone thread is a place to post in character about what has so far happened All of you will be getting some individual information and instructions tonight. Session II will begin no later than Friday probably sooner. I will also be making further post here in OOc to discuss some of the rules and game mechanics we have not really needed yet but which will be coming into play soon