WS OOC

WS ST

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, since Dave made good point (not about Sean being a Ho), I thought we should have a list of players, and their preferences (if any) for their eventual template. (I'll update as needed and I catch the posts). Some people might not mind what they play, or others might be willing to drop a template if someone else really wants it, etc.

UNAVAILABLE - Teleportation, Quantakinesis

Legacy Characters
Sean - Sean - Clairsentience, Electrokinesis, or maybe Talent
Dave - Devin - Teleportation
Noir - Lilly - Vitakinesis?

New Characters
Jeremy - Charlie -
Justin - Cade -
GDP - Bannon - Psychokinesis
Dawn - Lona - Biokinesis (but open to change)
Mala - Clara Wright - Vitakinesis or Electrokinesis if available

Jeane - unknown name? - Quantakinesis

SMax - unknown? - PK

well with ten characters there will be a bit of overlap since everyone seems to be going with psions but that is not a problem. as long as we have one of each i can deal with an extra in a couple of aptitudes.

After the Psions are chosen, the chaff should be Talents.  We're not gonna be able to compare the differences in everything unless people use them.

And I won't lie, I'm not sharing teleportation.  It's bad enough we have character creep in Aberrant... let's keep this as unique as possible.

ok there is a bit of confusion over psion powers and who gets what and where can we over lap. In the aberrant game I created an insurmountable power creep. I am not going to do that this time but I am also not going to cripple Psions and I am not going to force people to play something they don't want to. I wasn't expecting 10 players but it's cool I don't want anyone to drop, I just wasn't expecting it.

Powers are not going to surface in the game for a while, not in any meaningful way anyways. So this is what I want y'all to do As things sit everyone wants to be a psion, that is Okay everyone can be a Psion my house rules will accommodate that. so right now we will assume that every one will be a psion. I want everyone to stop worrying about what powers they will have and what others have and concentrate on your character. Right now they are just teenagers and powers are thing in movies, TV, games, and comic books. Make your characters skipping the Power template and write up your back grounds. When you send them to me I want you to include three aptitude choices in order of preference. When the Powers come they may not all come at once, and there will be overlap, and there will be some powers that are primarily unique. There will also be instances where a character in play may have the opportunity to switch from psion to talent if the player wishes.

that is all

I'm working on rewriting Fame and switching it to Popularity.  The below 18, still dealing high school drama version of Fame.  Essentially it will be Fame-lite and more suitable for kids in a small town and focus more on smaller influence scale.

I'll submit it to you Nina when I get it done.

Preheat for 350.  Let bake for 30 minutes, tweak as needed...

Popularity (• to •••)

Essentially this is Fame for characters who've yet to reach adulthood and are still traveling in rather small, but well known cultures within their own community. Your character is well known among a particular clique of people. He could be popular for his money, personal accomplishments, a stroke of blind luck, or perhaps for being the friend or lover of someone with more Popularity (often know as popularity bleed, or popular by proxy).

• The character is well known within a small subculture in their neighborhood (like their school) or among select members of their home town's adult leadership (like community leaders, or faculty from their school). Whether well earned or not, the characters reputation grants them certain perks, like avoiding getting trouble or being allowed to stay later someplace after hours and 'lock up when you're done'.

•• The character is either instantly recognizable to all members of his local community, like the small town quarterback who threw the winning pass last season, or the entire county in which he/she dwells. The county sheriff whose been around for years would be a prime example of two dots of county-wide popularity

••• Your character's popularity is now at a statewide level, perhaps a governor or an athlete who has brought quite a bit of accolades in the states name either recently or in the past few years.

When choosing the Edge, define what your character is known for (star athlete, down home girl next door, scholastic ace, local rich guy). Each dot provides 1 Enhancement to any social actions among those who are impressed by their status.

Drawback: Any attempts to find or identify your character gain 1 Enhancement per dot of the Edge. Also, he may have several 'hangers on' or be followed by people who just want to mooch of their popularity. Characters with Popularity, like the Fame Edge, cannot possess the Covert Edge or the Anonymous Enhanced Edge. Also, if you or someone else is part of 'popularity bleed' they can not possess more Popularity dots than the person who made them popular.

Would Like to have all Character Submissions by the weekend

Legacy Characters
Sean - Sean -
Dave - Devin - approved
Noir - Lilly -

Jeremy - Charlie -

Nina - Sara - approved

New Characters

Jeane - Coraline Hess -  approved

GDP - Bannon - Approved

Mala - Clara Wright - Approved

Dawn - Lona - Approved

SMax -  Cassandra Allen - Approved

Justin - Cade -

thank you

A lot of you have been wanting to put the military base into your backgrounds for this or that and because it's easy. i have been discouraging this for most. The base is a high security special forces training base, even the civilian dependents don't live on the actual base but in housing adjacent to the base. The only civilian interaction with the base is the few businesses located outside the base, the few, less than a dozen school aged children who go to school in shelly, and the military members who come into the town to shop or for recreation.

I kept the base in this version of Shelly because a couple of the legacy charters had back grounds tied to the base and I do foresee some story plot points that could involve the base. but for the most part it's just there.

Another point....Wealth i don't mind you having wealth 1, but everybody shouldn't have it, this is a rural low income area, most of us should have no wealth edge, the richest people are the doctors and some of the people who have acquired a lot of the oil land. you can have families with money but keep it proportional to the location. Devin's dads wealth is fine because Devin's dad is a dishonest jerk and probably embezzled or scammed his money from widows and orphans and fled to this remote corner of nowhere to escape the vengeful wrath of someone. don't worry he will pay for his misdeeds. So while I don't mind the wealth edge keep the descriptions consistent with where you are

Bannon activities that could intersect with others:
He runs, either in the evening or early morning at the school track, and sometimes around the various trails and paths.  He's pretty good, but seems to do it purely for his own enjoyment and shows zero interest to try out for the track team.

He's part of the school Science club, but again rarely takes any sort of lead or initiative in group activities.  A suspicious person could easily suspect him of being part of the club just for lab access...

He's in detention quite a lot! :)  Usually for backtalking teachers.  He get sent to the school counsellor a lot for attitude issues, but treats it as a police interrogation room, clams up, and says nada.

And finally he's part of Sean's RPG group, which seems to be the only genuinely social activity he does.  Heck, he even turns up most of the time. 

Oh? Sean'll be running an RPG group again? I wouldn't mind having Coraline be involved in some way if you all don't mind.

Let's see..? Coraline Hess social activities: Vice President of the Dance Club on campus, hiking and assorted exercise, anything musical especially roadtrip worthy bands or plays. You do right by her, she'll do right by you kind of girl who moved to town four years ago from New York and is trying to make the best of it.

Cassandra Allen, snooping ace reporter...for the school newspaper. But she's still a young woman! She has PROSPECTS! She is, perhaps unsurprisingly, good at snooping, and asking hard-hitting questions and being plucky.

Another thing I would like people to look at is their back grounds. at this point I am not asking anyone to change their BG but I do want everyone to take a good look at the back grounds that have written up especialy those who have not sent me a sheet yet.

In CC I posted this

Step One: Concept

All player characters share the same concept all of you are High School Students in the 11th or 12th grade.

Ages range from 16-17 for 11th grade students and 17-18 for 12th grade students

All characters attend Shelly High School in the town of Shelly, Montana

Characters should not be new students, most should have been residents of Shelly for most of their lives but in the case of some such as Military Brat it is more likely that they have not lived in this location for more than a few years. In any case all characters must have been living in Shelly at least for one year prior to the beginning of the game.

So far I have received not one submission of a character who is actually from Shelly. Now It is a RP habit to make characters with as much dramatic back story as possible and I for one am guilty of that too. But drama aside these characters are supposed to be relatively normal high school kids from a small town. kids who know each other have grown up together and all that jazz. So I would like everyone to take a second pass on the backgrounds and really see if it is necessary for your character to be a transplant. I am here if you need to bounce ideas.

Lilly and Devin are excluded form this due to their legacy status.

max that would count if by since you were a kid you mean 3 or 4  I am not making anyone change anything yet. but this is a small rural town. some one who moved her five years ago will still be from somewhere else in fifteen years. There is also that fact that I need most of you to be friends. for perspective I think most of you have chosen junior as your grade.. there are about 45 kids in your class. 45 kid in the whole 11th grade class

Yeah, in my pitch I estimated that Cass and her folks moved here around 10 years ago, so she'd have been quite young. 6 or 7 (leaning towards 6).

And I admit, this hasn't been written out yet, so I'm not mad you didn't remember it. That's on me as much as anyone.

Just wanted to...reassure you, I guess?...that the situation might not be as bad as you think. :)

So, basically...

Bannon - Inbred Hick Loser

Lona - Lame

Max - Lame Nerd

Hess - Geek Loser

Charlie - Drama Nerd

Lilly - Roid Rager

If I forgot anyone, assume you suck and are prolly lame.

Ugh, this tooowwwn suuuuuuucks!

Cassandra isn't much for athletics, though she takes a martial arts class because she's plucky. But she could have done a rip-roaring expose on the school athletics program and its culture of clandestine performance enhancing drug use!

They totally look the other way when athletes use chemical stimulants in soft drinks! It's RAMPANT.

• Nina pinned this topic

Archived