Aberrant: The Middle Children of History - Character Concept Thread

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol

Sorry. I was working on it when I found out to my shock that the Changeling game was going from, "Hey, lets play a game," to "Okay, we're starting," in a vastly tiny period of time unbeknownst to me.

I haven't forgotten, and should have some raw stats for you to peruse and slap my wrists soon!

Originally Posted By: Revenant
Which I don't understand... that took 72 hours... this is stuck in the mud.

As a note, MCoH is far more complex than my Changeling game. Part of that quick start I credit to the players signing on with a day of the notice going up (and all I needed was three of 'em), while the rest of the credit goes to Chosen, for taking less than a day to get the forum up.

MCoH is a completely different thing, and to compare it to FE is a disservice to both games, IMO.

I'll have a character together soon for MCoH.

Im here for 5 seconds. A crazy few days, a whirlwind of unexpected guests, airport rescue missions, moving day for several people, a new bed and now my gf is kidnapping me since she hasnt seen me for 3 days...back on and playing catch up tommorrow which includes getting my characters submitted.

For those submitting backgrounds, please send a copy my way. Due to RL kicking Mala in the ass, I'm doing those for a while. Get them to me, I'll get them back ASAP, and we'll get you approved.

Remember: Numbers to PW. (though I don't mind seeing them either)

Backgrounds to me and MCH-Mod (so she's in the loop for when she can devote attention)

As a last note, until we generate the numbers required by Chosen, we're going to have to make due with a single forum. Please tag Fictions with [Fiction], OpNet with [OpNet] and Profiles with [Profile]. The most posting that happens, the sooner we'll get more subforums.

I ws refering more to the relative lack of characters. Pardon my choice of language.

So far we have Ptesan-Wi, Neil Preston (who needs a profile and sheet in this section, Elspeth, Bastion, Genesis (who needs a sheet and profile)and Infinity.

Okay so there is a small handful, plus the two I am bringing in. I guess I was expecting the same level as the start of 200X.

Incidentally I am waiting to see if I can get the name I want for my account before I make my initial post.

Its a name that has already been taken. I discovered, though it actually didn't surprise me that another character had taken it. However this character has not seen any play since '06 and in the largely inactive 2010 (though Kara seems to be maintaining a modicum of interest...).

It's one of Ashnod's so I PMed her. Is there any way, if she were willing to pass the name on, that Chosen could open the name back up?

She has a Q1 of 1 and a Mega-Stamina of 4, yeah, I noticed that too but figured she was second generation or something. I'm still figuring out how she lifted/carried a 160ton passenger plane without 'Lifter' and a Mega-Strength of 1. I'm sure it's one of those 'during her eruption' things where players say the character did things far beyond their capabilities, but to achieve Q6+ Mega-Str during an eruption? I don't know...

Mega-Attributes may not exceed the primary attribute rating or your Quantum +2, whichever is lower. Currently the highest she could have is 2 in any Mega-Attribute, even if her Stamina is 4 her node cannot handle anything higher than 2.

Unless there is some rule in effect we're not aware of.

I also noticed that Adamantine went to a Rashoud facility after her eruption, yet is still able to concieve. She does not have the 'Health' Enhancement which would allow her to shrug off the Proteus sterility cocktail. Therefore, she would be a single parent.

Also, In the new Breed it states that Proteus will not allow a Nova parent to concieve, and will send out 'Mother Hunters'. Or was that the Directive? The whole point behing the Sterility Cocktail was to prevent the coming of nova offspring. Proteus would make sure that she had no other children, much less let T2M care for them.

Originally Posted By: Netherworld
I also noticed that Adamantine went to a Rashoud facility after her eruption, yet is still able to concieve. She does not have the 'Health' Enhancement which would allow her to shrug off the Proteus sterility cocktail. Therefore, she would be a single parent.

Your not reading carefully enough. She does have "Health".

My bad, I missed that.

Still, Proteus would not have allowed her to give birth to other children. She would have been eliminated. A big part of New Breed was that pregnant Nova were in constant danger, and had to be hidden from those who wished to harm them.

Also, until Bounty acknowledged the existence of her offspring, it was assumed that Nova were sterile. For a Tomorrowite to give birth, and have it be public knowledge, would mean that this was not the case.

I think that after the Bahrain incident Proteus was greatly weakened and the conspiracy blown open. It states somewhere IIRC that Utopia is rocked by the scandal and ends up being diesected and investigated under a microscope. A big part of the buildup to the War is the proliferation of Novas via childbirth.

That's my bad on the megas. I didn't read well enough and am still learning the system. I went over the points with Ptes, but she didn't catch it either.

As for the children thing, all I had read was that Proteus used the sterility cocktail and that had kept novas that went to clinics from having children, but that the Health enhancement countered it if they had it before getting moxed. Again, I'm still reading through all the books, and the flu I've had for the past week has put me much farther behind than I intended to be.

Other than the timeline given in Trinity (which states that it is biased and not perfect canon), is there canon material about nova 2nd gen. births after 2008? I could find anything when I was looking through.

If the general consensus on the board is that the character's history does not feel in genre, I'll adjust or remove her.

Yes. You may only have a Mega Attribute as high as its corresponding attribute or Quantum +1, whichever is lower. Also, Health would prevent the sterility cocktail from working on you. Also, the sterility cocktail was not just in mox and other novas drugs. It was also put into high protein nova food bars as well as seeded into many other places, possibly even the water supply, as it would only target a nova's genome.

Folks, a couple of things:

1. I have not been checking soak on submitted characters. I'd frankly figured that a derivative score like that didn't *need* checking. Apparently I was wrong. I'll be going over them on all current characters in the next few days.

2. The kids issue. It makes worlds of sense for Utopia/Proteus to let a "fertile Myrtle" like Adamantine go ahead and have her kids... because it's a propaganda coup. Makes Utopia look family-friendly, shows great on the media, makes the "sterilization rumors" seem very much baseless, and gives Proteus something very special: children that are under their thumb for tests of gods-only-know what. It certainly doesn't strain credibility any more than do some of the characters here: PW the Terat psiad? Bastion, with his crazy background? Etc? Let it go, folks.

- Jess

to the player of Shae: where did you find the Persona enhancment? If it does what I think it does based on your fic then it was something I was already looking for (and thought I might have to create and approve) for a 200x character...

I am very confused right now. We have Fame and Influence now, Right?

Which ones do we get the 5 free dots in?

What is this MET Influence stuff? I am not familiar with it. Do we get free dots in it? Is it the same as regular influence? Can we purchase it at character creation? Or do we only get it through the course of play?

My toon is ready to go, I just need to rework this Influence MET thing.

Also, I have noticed the new character sheets people are using, and can't get mine to post in the same format (Elsbeth is using it). Is there a special HTML/UBB template that you peeps are using?

Archived