Aberrant: The Middle Children of History - Character Concept Thread

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For my first character (90nps),I would like to play a 3rd generation nova youth, raised by the Teragen. I wouldn't mind some kind of connection with Ptesan-Wi if she is willing. Not sure if he/she would be pre or post apothesis, haven't decided yet.

What I'm thinking is a nova youth with a very regal attitude, thinking they are born to rule baselines by right of birth.

Genocide - Telepathy and Dominate that cost 0QP and Mega Attributes that ensure no baseline (or nova w/out mental protections) could ever hope to overcome his successes. Statistically he'd be able to command 4,320 people a month to commit suicide. He'll have Mental Invulnerability 5 (Mastery I) and Density Decrease 5 to help balance him out.

It'll take him 127,000 years to wipe out the world's population one mind at a time, so he'll most likely create 4,320 mass murderers a month to speed up the process.

He's fond of going into the food court at malls and Maxxing an area effect Dominate that incites cannibalism. Nothing like children dining on their parents... then each other.

Guss - He'll have a quantum pool of 270. It's more cost effective to build up on 20XP a month when you have an infinite power supply.

Blobby Brown - Erupted while wrestling with his wife Brittany Houston for a hit off the crack pipe. He's a crystal clear blob now and lives in a bucket. Likes jelly beans.

Epicenter - Mastery I Disrupt (Area, centered on self) Permanent aberration that Disrupt is always active and duration increased to 'anything within the are of effect'. Basically every nova within 34 miles of him would eventually be limited to Mega Attributes until they left his area of effect. As a side effect of his ability to negate powers he cannot learn any of his own, but may learn mega attributes, yet cannot spend quantum points to activate enhancements since his own disruption field prevents him from doing so.

Jesus Dave. Please try not to take offense at what I am about to say.

You always seem to pick the most anti-social characters and powers. I would expect that Genocide and Epicenter are going to get put down very quickly by the powers that be.

Also the way you describe them sounds like few if any of us will care to interact with them online or off.

I could be wrong but again: Jesus tittyfucking Christ on a stick.

Fool needs to worry about Fool, not Revenant.

Who needs interaction? With Genocide creating 4,320 serial killers a month the world will have it's hands full. The powers that be would pretty much be powerless. Telepathy can't be tracked, and with Adaptability the character need not eat or sleep ever. Thanks to supreme mental invulnerability no other telepath could ever hope to breach his defenses and learn of his location.

He is evil, pure, plain and simple. He's not a Mega-App douche bag that bakes cakes and plays with underage jail bait novas at the park hoping to get lucky.

It's called a villain, one that will no doubt not get approved.

Hmm. Well okay. Villains are good. I guess I was thinking more in terms of how to build collaborative stories around him but if youre not concerned than neither am I. Seems silly to waste a slot on the villain though. Maybe tone him down just a bit and then buy a 5 or 7 dot enemey for a character you intend to play. That way you (and the villain) can make their mark on the setting, while still preserving your IC interactiveness.

It's not difficult to do, creating a nova that essentially requires no quantum points to use its powers is incredibly easy. And with a high node you can have the maint of certain powers overlap into your recharge time to the point where even maint powers are free providing you only have one or two that being maintained.

It works well in combination with certain powers like Disrupt, or Immolate where providing you pay the maintenance cost the power stays active indefinitely. You can effectively have a permanent Disrupt on a novas power as long as you have adaptability (since you can't spend maintain powers while asleep).

This is even worse if the nova is Q6 and is regaining quantum points every ten minutes instead of every hour.

Ok. I have my concept. I will be playing a third gen terat Marvel. She will be 12, and the concept for her is that she is the child of some of the children Bounty was raising. Raised in the teras philosophy to be more than human and to rule those poor baselines for their own good. Noblesse Oblige and all that. Her theme is that she is more and better than human and raised to rule. Literally. Her nova name is Princess and not as a cute nickname a father gives his daughter, but meant in all seriousness. All of her powers are geared toward being more than human. She has low levels of all megas except charisma(which is world class), and low levels of TK, Telepathy, Teleport, Flight, Invuln, intuition, Psychic shield and is extremely lucky. She has 6 quantum, but no mastery's and no lvl 4 powers yet.

I have a background for her but I need to confer with Ptesan-Wi and whoever the appropriate mod is for approval, before I say anything more about it.

Given its you Rev, I'll try not to be offended at the implications of what you said.

Alex OOC is correct. Princess is the dog. The flash animation is hilarious, especially when you realize who made it and the history of it (They were commisioned to do a web animation and deliberately made it as messed up as possible so as to be rejected, a la Dan Hertzfeld).

So I have a twisted sense of humor, Drew. So what. Not like yours isn't mildly warped. :P

Anyway, I have two concepts. One is a guy with uncontrollable invisibility and mega-perception, called The Invisible Jones. He's a creepy people watcher and alcoholic from Liverpool.

The other is a middle-aged man with a personality slightly reminiscent of Sam Hill from a Son of Ether perspective. Name of Ernest Feinberg, Temporal Manipulation, Crosstime Travel, Precognition, Gravity Manipulation, Warp.

I'm going to play a 90NP Firedevil with split personality. I'm still not through with the sheet, background is basically done, just need to proof read it once or twice before I'll submit.

Ah - most likely independent but the Teragen may be interested in her.

Methinks everyone like the opportunity to go buckwild on 90 points. We have a veritable group of titans and godlings coming together. It will be interesting to see how they interact and change the world.

Would anyone be interested in forming an independant group of heroic-ish Novas? Much like Aberrant takes the idea of people with powers and brings it down to Earth Id like to examine a group like the Justice League through the lens of Aberrants real world grit. The Avnegers did this with The Ultimates but I am thinking a group of godlings powerful enough to do that on their own, minus governement or shield type oversight. A true group of independants, in the vein of The Authority.

Of course that doesnt mean all paragon-esque goody two shoes. People's politics are complex so theres no reason a character idealogicaly associated with the Teragen or the Aberrants or others couldn't be invloved.

Thoughts?

I'll go in with ya.

A massively powerful super strong, super delegate. The Body Politic. 90 points of pure political righteousness. With his loyal side kicks Right Wing and Left Wing he battles the forces of injustice and rights the wrongs of Capitol Hill. His secretary, Head of State... makes sure all his affairs are in order.

Now... if only I knew something about politics.

Ha!

You can wing the political stuff, or research enough to make a passing contribution.

I actually think thats a great idea Rev, since even groups like The Authority need a liason to spin things when then make their unilateral decisions effecting the people of Earth. laugh

Warren: Sounds like we have our Flash... wink

Hey folks!

I'm seeing a ton of really good concepts here (and Revenant's stuff... but we love ya anyway wink ). What I'm not seeing are PMs in my inbox with character sheets for me to approve. So send 'em on over, and let me run them through the Approvomatic!

That said, please take a look at the Creation Log that is the second page of Ptesan-Wi's sheet. I'm going to want to see something like that from you, so that I don't go mad trying to reverse-engineer how you built your character.

Thanks,

Jess

Jeez Lil! I think in just about every game youve started up, you have wanted the Matter Creator. You jonesin or what??? laugh

And I have the four concepts mentioned prior, but i will likely introduce only 1 or 2 at the beginning, to keep things manageable and then another most likely in the beginning of next year.

Archived