Aberrant: Dead Rising - OOC Stuff

The Fine Balance

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally Posted By: Courier
That's her... although I suspect she just has Enhanced Movement.

But the opinion I was looking for was some reason not to kill her.

Her good looks :P

Originally Posted By: Priest
The truck pulled around to the back of the store. Priest informed Dan of were the were going. Sure enough, they found a trailer (with all flat tires) sitting at the back loading area.

"Okay. Let's find some tires. Leo knows the sizes we need, so let's not get silly. Everyone keep in communication."

With that, the team got ready to head out.

Into the Wal-Mart?

So its clear now that Drew has too much of a dislike for me to make my participation any more than an exercise in "kick the character" so I am regretfully taking the kick me sign off my back and scrubbing the sharpie writing off my face. Sorry I won't be joining the rest of you. Have fun all and I will continue to enjoy reading your misadventures from the outside. It's just sad really. frown

It's not that. I had an idea for a really great intro scene for my character but Drew didn't like it, and in the ensuing conversattion there was entirely too much swearing at me and misconstruing of my intentions for me to feel comfortable playing with Drew. His hostility was unwarranted and its just a poor way to begin a collaboration that should be fun. :Listens to 'Tainted Love': boohoo

I don't know how many fucking times I should be okay with telling you, "I've made up my mind and the answer is no" when you obviously aren't paying attention to what I'm saying anyway.

Oh, wait. I saved the conversation. It was four times.

I've made up my mind and the answer is no.

I've made up my mind and the answer is still no.

I've made up my mind and the answer is no, and if you ask me again you're out of here.

I've -

Byeee! birthday

Actually, Dick, I quit on my own terms before you had the chance...

Glad you saved the conversation for your continued pleasure. While rereading it ad naseum, note how you swore at me, misunderstood my intent and the flavor I was suggesting as well as your mean comments sarcasticly disparaging remarks about me and my character. I didn't swear until the end where I said Fuck your anger and I dont need this fucking hostility. I didn't save it btw, I actually used my memory there...

Oh, for Frak's sake. Sky, come on. Like it or not, Drew is god here. End of story. You're building up a lot of animoty on this board. Here's a hint: if everyone around you has a problem with you, it may not be that the world sucks. It may be that you have a problem communicating or expressing yourself to others online. My suggestion is to change the way you do things until you're able to work with others better.

Yeah...you quit right after I told you "Get your ass in line or you're out." My mistake. :P

And I like to save conversations so that people can't try to claim they said something they didn't later.

Oh, and if you could kindly move along? This is for OOC chatter concerning Dead Rising, which I do not believe you are in.

Originally Posted By: Dawn, OOC
Oh, for Frak's sake. Sky, come on. Like it or not, Drew is god here. End of story. You're building up a lot of animoty on this board. Here's a hint: if everyone around you has a problem with you, it may not be that the world sucks. It may be that you have a problem communicating or expressing yourself to others online. My suggestion is to change the way you do things until you're able to work with others better.

Everyone? Since when does everyone have a problem with me? Unless there is a lot of behind the back smack talking that I am unaware of I don't think that is a fair generalization to make... Please define "Everyone."

Quote:
Oh, and if you could kindly move along? This is for OOC chatter concerning Dead Rising, which I do not believe you are in.

Originally Posted By: Chosen in the Gaming Rules Thread.
The forum, while dedicated to your game, will be open to all guests to view and all members to post.

And yeah I quit after you threatened me. Why would I want to play under an ST that took that kind of attitude with me?

I didn't threaten you except to say that if you didn't straighten up you'd be booted.

Originally Posted By: The Fucking Rules, Because Apparently That's What It's Come To
If something happens that is unexpected in your game from an outside source you have the ability to delete any post.

I don't like deleting posts, so instead I'm telling you to GTFO. And you, being a fucking moron, don't take the hint and instead quote the rules at me.

Fail.

Originally Posted By: SkyLion
how is that not a threat?

I'm not sure if this even merits a response, but here goes:

It's not a threat, it's a statement of consequence. I can't put up with that bullshit in my game, so if you keep it up you're out. That simple. Is it a threat to tell a toddler he's going in time-out if he can't play nice? Maybe it is in some respects. Do I give a shit? Not even a little.

And you think calling me names and swearing at me over and over makes you more endearing? Jerk.

You think I'm trying to be endearing?

BTW I love Willie Wonka. And gene Wilder was so much more win than Depp...

Truth.

Actually, no. I think it's funny, if only because it's ridiculous- and I'm not even playing.

SL, this is Alex's game. He's running it. He gets to decide who participates, and how the story should be shaped, and if he says "No," then that should be it. There shouldn't be any arguing or debating it. You can try to find a middle ground, but be willing to make concessions. If you aren't, and you can't come to an agreement, leave it at that. Don't badger him, poke at him, prod him, or try to provoke him. Let it go. Do other things. Find a game and an ST that suits your style.

For sake of reference, I'm one of the people Dawn was talking about. I know nothing about you personally, but I really, really dislike the way you portray yourself here. She was right. There is a lot of animosity generated by the way you interact with people, whether it's been specifically brought to your attention or not. That being said, this is a Dead Rising OOC thread, and you have two options, knowing that fairly rational, reasonable people are unhappy with your behavior:

Continue to behave exactly as you have been, and take offense to what Dawn and others have said, or make a sincere and concentrated effort to accept that the problems others have with you may not be an indicator that the world is against you, or that we're all meanieheads, but that you are, in fact, creating problems for yourself.

Either way, such a discussion is best held elsewhere. Let the man run his game, please, and I apologize for my own part in this derailment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived