Aberrant: Infinite Earth - Cosmos Nova OOC

Mr Fox

Fox, Please, I'm dropping my suggestion. It's obviously stirring things up again. This is making me very uncomfortable, and I want to avoid escalation.

I would rather what's best for the game I think. I'm letting personal feelings get in the way of better judgement.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question it is stated that 80 natives was active in 2012. you say that the gov't does't trust the non native but with nova's ability they would be able to quikly make them self valiable as even mega 1 would allow them to make corporation trillions in 2 or 3 yrs and mega 1 dex would allow teams to hire them for millions a year. sinch there would only be 180 max with avg quantum 2 to 3 and 15 nova points and less the 4 or five with quatium of 5 and one with q6 cross time treavel. am i wrong ?

i can see the gov't attidute toward them as they quikly enter socity and vanish

these people would be wartorn as shuch they would't trust gov't or internatural organization.

the gov't would see them as anti-gov't, insanly dangous radials who convince the world they are victims

i can see some hiding not want to get involved but as years pass they would return to lime light

i don't think nova's can help it they need noetic energy (= to people) ( new flesh pg163-164) for their well being so they will gather in crowds.

plus sinch they are war vets ( when every tring to kill you) thier knee jerk reaction is to hit back hard.

i can see the gov't attidute toward them as they quikly enter socity and vanish

these people would be wartorn as shuch they would't trust gov't or internatural organization.

the gov't would see them as anti-gov't, insanly dangous radials who convince the world they are victims

i can see some hiding not want to get involved but as years pass they would return to lime light

i don't think nova's can help it they need noetic energy (= to people) ( new flesh pg163-164) for their well being so they will gather in crowds.

plus sinch they are war vets ( when every tring to kill you) thier knee jerk reaction is to hit back hard.

Nova, welcome to CN. First, I'm going to ask that in the future you please edit previous posts if you need to add more questions or thoughts to a post. And as Fox said, the more grammar, capitalization and punctuation you use, the easier it is for people to read your posts. It's considered polite to be as clear as you possibly can in your writing. We do know that people have different writing styles and we accommodate those, but any help you can give us will be really appreciated! :)

First, if you haven't read CN - World Building, I suggest you do so ASAP. That thread details some of the differences between the canon Abby world and CN. That should help clear up those questions for you. Second, you make a lot of statements about 'they' and 'them' but aren't clear who you mean. I think you mean the Refugees; if so, there's already a write up on them in the World Building thread. It goes over the information you asked about in brief. Your remarks about them being vets aren't entirely accurate; most of the Refugees are support-types like Faces and Brains. The hard-core fighters were mostly killed in the war or getting their weaker allies off-world. So while some will have trust issues and PTSD, I do ask that you remember that not all of them will have the same reaction to the same situation; a Utopian will have a very different reaction to anything than a Terat.

Last, I'm not sure what you mean by novas needing noetic energy. They don't; they operate off quantum energy. Psiads are the ones fueled by noetic energy. Psiads do exist in CN; as far as I know, you can play one.

Yep, no reason you couldn't play a Psiad, but they aren't the Psions of Trinity, there are no Dovyen boosting their potentials. In fact, there is no guarantee that any of the alien species of Canon Aberrant even exist in this setting.

Sorry about the bad spelling. I made a mistake in that I thought this was the main page. the text was referencing was new flesh page 163 the quantum matrix also people are people they rely on others for validation this is taught in college so this is my chat site exist self-help etc.

I was trying to figure out the worlds attuded compare to the gov't. How much technology exist compare to aberrant cannon.

As there is no utopia to steal nova's research is there I thread about this if so I’m sorry to ask here about it.

Sorry about the bad spelling. I made a mistake in that I thought this was the main page. the text was referencing was new flesh page 163 the quantum matrix also people are people they rely on others for validation this is taught in college so this is my chat site exist self-help etc.

I was trying to figure out the worlds attuded compare to the gov't. How much technology exist compare to aberrant cannon.

As there is no utopia to steal nova's research is there I thread about this if so I’m sorry to ask here about it.

No, that's not a problem. You're right, there is no black tech (though Karrie's got one machine which she hasn't told anyone about or ever used because she thinks its too dangerous) yet. It'll be interesting to see how people start to respond to the increasingly powerful toys that are being made.

you are right my post are a nightmare to read.

Hey, so long as you're trying to improve I'm going to be content. I do appreciate the effort you're putting into it.

As an aside to all CN players: I'm going to kick off the plot thread soon. If you want to participate, you need to have a fully- and correctly-statted PC posted with numbers and background in the Character forum. I can bring people in after we start it, if you're not ready in time. Just remember that you can't start in the thread until your PC is fully ready to go.

I should have the first post finished after work tonight.

Nova, I saw your character sheet. I have some feedback for you. Avoiding the government isn't a good way to get to interact with the other PCs in this game. I think most of us are working for government agencies, which means avoiding agents of the government means avoiding most of the other characters as well. I know that the plot I have coming up pretty much requires that your PC be someone that an agency like the DSA would call if something came up.

Just a bit of feedback for you.

Thank you I see my character trying to avoid gov't agency but not nova's them self so department 0 can ask for help he will grumble but will assist as he is needed but not as a lap dog which means if they are located in France he would help out but pretend it was just because he needed a favor so he will give one in return or U.S hired T.C.R.I for some job he was around to land a hand. mind you the gov' t asked he will help people it the right thing to do but after 20yrs in military he won’t lay down if the orders are wrong he will do the right thing. The simple truth is that he will do what he is asked for the most part but never without complaining and charge them arm and leg. That is different as it is peer to peer.

I fixed my background.

Thank you for your feedback.

If she paid for her Q5, then she made a mistake.

Thing is I think I remember her doing that, realized she made a mistake, and was correcting the problem. I think she just hasn't had time yet to post the update.

I and Asa are making novas that erupted as elves. For my character, the type of elf is like one from Lord of the Rings. I'd like to take Unaging (M-Stam Enhancement from TNF) for the character as a Body Mod, as I'm also putting the Fragile aberration on the character and so M-Stam doesn't make sense for them at all. Is this acceptable to the current players? It has been suggested that is be a 1 NP Body Mod.

If this acceptable, I might like to ask the same for a few other Enhancements that fit the racial profile for elves. I'm think right now of Electromagnetic Vision. I'm trying to make a base that fits the D&D/LotR elf concept, which is no where near as superhuman as M-Attributes become with even 1 point in them.

Also, I'd like to put an aberration on the character that prevents them from taking suite powers. They can take individual techs, but they're learning them as individual "spells", so no grouping. Thoughts?

Forgive my posting as Kamiko, but here is my take...

A good number of Enhancements I feel would be allowable as body modifications. Agelessness I think is one of them.

Yes it's from the FC, put your torches and pitchforks down.

Agelessness is a enhancement that is... pretty much a fluff enhancement. It would be a far better idea (and makes sense) to take as a penny body mod than a nickel enhancement.

One, I would thank Mala for asking about it. Two, I personally approve Mala's idea.

Oh, I would rather take Unaging personally... and I feel that is still worth being a body mod as much as a Enhancement.

This is my idea so far:

Elf traits - (A mix of LotR and D&D elves because that's what s/he knew at eruption)

Body Mods: 12 NP

Artimis' Bow (M-Dex)

Catfooted (M-Dex)

Perfect Balance (M-Dex)

Physical Prodigy (M-Dex)

Ultraviolet Vision (M-Per)

Restorative Activity x2 (Meditation, static benefit of 30 minutes of meditation for 1 hour of sleep/total relaxation) (M-Sta)

Unaging (M-Sta)

Improved Attribute: Dexterity, Perception, Intelligence, Appearance

Merits & Flaws: -7 BP

Acute Sense - Hearing

Acute Sense - Sight

Quantum Integrity

Sexy

Minority - mostly for assumptions made about someone that has "made" themselves look like an elf

Aberrations: +7 BP

Aberrant Ears

Distinctive Looks

Sex Object

Surreality

Fragile

Actually, I would disagree with your assessment in one way Mala. LOTR elves would definitely qualify for Mega Stamina of 1 dot. Tolkien's elves were hardier and able to withstand much more hardship than humans. Especially the ones who went to the undying lands and lived with the Vala. Even the wood elves that never went into the west like Legolas could hang with the best humans. Tolkien elves were anything but fragile.

Now, DnD elves, that's a different story.

Not that you have to take stamina or anything, you can be fragile if you want, it would all be up to the character's subconscious as to how they turned out.

Either way, it's an interesting idea and I look forward to seeing more on it.

Hmm, I've pondered using Enhancements without having the associated Mega-Attribute before for other characters. Personally, I don't see much issue with it, aside from the fact that this would apply to my proposed character too. However, to keep it fair with others, cost-wise, even if the enhancements fall under Body Modifications - I guess for Disrupt and other rules interactions - people should still have to buy them at the same price as a regular enhancement (3np, or 2np for in-theme), without also getting the benefit of the price-break for Body Mods. Maybe say people also have to buy a minor Body Mod (Elven, in our case) for an NP or two, that allows us to buy the thematically grouped enhancements without the Mega-Attributes.

I'm not sure all the Dex-based Enhancements are truly necessary to portray an elf, though I see where you are coming from, Mala. On the other hand, Unaging, Restorative Activity, and the Improved Attributes are dead on the money. Ultraviolet Vision (only that benefit, without the others from Electromagnetic Vision) I would say would cost 1np, instead of 3np (or 2np in-theme).

Well... I could see Enhancements being bought separately. It would destroy some of the importance of mega attributes, there is still the benefits that a MAtt could give independently.

Anyways, I think that in general I am fine with having Enhancements being purchasable independent of a Mega Attribute. To be honest I don't see anythign wrong with it.

I don't have an issue with it. It's no different than buying a power, and there are a lot of situations where some enhancements would even make perfect sense under a different mega-att. I think we should look at what the enhancement does to consider it's cost. Some are the equivalent of lvl 1 powers like The Voice, and some would be more like lvl 2 powers such as Adaptability.

Do we want to get that complicated? That would mean going over every available Enhancement and assigning it an equivalent power level, instead of just following the flat cost already listed in the rules. Also, would Enhancements that you can purchase multiple times simply become a power?

My vote is to leave it simple, with the costs listed in the book (yes, some might should be more expensive or less, but I think it's a wash overall).

Yes, I agree, keep it simple, with the flat-costs for enhancements (in-theme and out of theme), sort of like Body Modifications (though again, without the in-theme price-cut, to avoid double-dipping). Multiple ranks still wouldn't really turn into a power - some Body Mods have multiple ranks too.

For Enhancements that are based on your dots in the associated Mega-Attribute, I say the they are counted on the very minimum needed to have an effect. So, usually, one extra die for those granting 1 die or success for dot in the Mega-Attribute. Those granting an Attribute roll would just use the base-attribute with no Megas added. Really, for the vast majority, any enhancement bought outside of the associated Attribute shouldn't be reliant on the number of dots in the attribute to determine its effect.

My thought was those that required the Mega be left alone except for accepted variants put up for the group to approve or disallow. Such as the Restorative Activity variant for the elf idea: it gives a flat benefit (in this case, acting as if the character had M-Stam 2) that never changes even if the character later develops the M-Att to the point that they would have a higher bonus.

Archived