Aberrant RPG - Mega-Attribute Books

Sprocket

Re: Chapter Two status-

I'm very happy to report that the eighth RL combat style has just passed peer review. Now that the writing is finally over with, I'll be archiving the RTF documents, image & PDF files & misc. other small things JessiLaurn will need to produce a finished ebook.

Re: Artwork status-

As we're only lacking 2 pieces of art from Cottus - he's already contributed 3 to go with the 2 pieces from Captether - we're going to start the PDF conversion ASAP, RL circumstances permitting. Cottus won't be able to purchase a Photoshop-capable computer (to replace his old, dead one) for another month, so it's anyone's guess as to whether we'll get any more of his work into the ebook. Bottom line: if he can get it to us in time, it's going in. IMHO, his art is just that good.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

::biggrin ::biggrin ::biggrin ::biggrin ::biggrin ::biggrin ::biggrin ::biggrin ::biggrin

IT. IS. DONE !!!!

By the way, I've been compiling a shorthand outline of the book's contents from various posts of yours on this thread. Let me know if it is accurate.

Introduction - finished

Chapter 1: Nova Age Biotechnology

>Introduction <Finished!>

>Biotech producers, customers & enemies <Finished!>

>Medical advances<Finished!>.

>New bioweapons <Finished!>

>New drugs <Finished!>

>Genetic engineering <Finished!>

>Cyberware <Finished!>

>Uplifted animals <Finished!>

>Misc. products <Finished!>

Chapter 2: Combat

>Introduction <Finished!>

>Expanded basic combat rules <Finished!>

>Styles for Martial Arts, Melee etc. <Finished!>

>Special maneuvers (martial artists/brawlers/weaponmasters tricks)<Finished!>

>Special maneuvers (quantum powers stunts)<Finished!>

>Expanded weapons listings <Finished!>

>New Mega-Mental & Mega-Social enhancements for combat <Finished!>

>New Body Modifications for combat <Finished!>

Chapter 3: Storytelling

>Introduction, Themes, Conflicts & Factions <Finished!>

>Nova Basics & Mega-Physical Capabilities <Finished!>

>Optional Rules <Finished!>

>Public Defenders <Finished!>

Chapter 4: Mega-Physical Attributes <Finished!>

Appendix #1: New Miscellanea <Finished!>

Appendix #2: Mega-Mental & Mega-Social ratings at 6+ <Finished!>

Appendix #3: Mega-Mental & Mega-Social feats <Finished!>

Re: Wanderer's latest post-

It's correct AFA it goes. One note though: the "Special maneuvers" in Chapter 2 was divided into 2 subsections. First is the special stuff that serious martial artists/brawlers/weaponmasters are capable of. The second is basically a collection of "power stunts" that novas can pull off with certain quantum powers. neither list is exhaustive, meaning there's lots of room for ST's & players to make homebrew versions of both.

Re: Project status report-

The materials have been sent to JessiLaurn. As Cottus has said that it could be a month or two (correction from my previous statement) before he can Photoshop again, we won't delay the book for him. He'll have three pieces - maybe four - in the ebook anyway.

Re: Project status report-

Just got an email reply from JessiLaurn, she will begin the PDF conversion process ASA she gets some free time to do so. She does have city government job duties, Camarilla duties & LARPing to do too, so that isn't unexpected. AFAIK, things are going well. ::smile

And definitely thanks for all the updates! I've seen too many projects that you didn't know if they were alive, dead, in stasis, etc.
I know exactly what you mean.

Re: More possible good news-

We may be getting more art contributions. Development Team member Nyxx has a wife who is artistically inclined as well as an enthusiastic Aberrant player. Nyxx will be posting some sample works of hers for Alex & myself to look over. If it makes the cut, AB:TNF won't be quite as art-deprived as our earlier ebooks. That said, since we're not limited AFA filesize if Cottus does manage to get any new works to us in time - and he might, depending on how long the PDF conversion/editing takes - those will be added immediately.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: More good news, confirmed-

The new artist will be sending in pieces of her work for the Mega-Physical ebook very soon. AFAIK, the artworks in question will have very little trouble - if any - passing peer review. ::happy

Re: the new artist-

The news just keeps getting better. ::happy "Mrs. Nyxx"'s first piece of art for the Mega-Physical ebook has passed peer review with flying colors & has been sent to JessiLaurn for inclusion into the PDF. We will be getting more pieces from her soon, so this ebook won't be quite so art-starved as our previous two.

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Project status-

Not much to post this time around. JessiLaurn's busy RL circumstances have prevented any activity on her side, while a shoulder injury has stalled the art production of Mrs. Nyxx for the moment. We're still hanging in there, though.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry for the lack of reports & the delay in production, but JessiLaurn has been experiencing RL interference of surreal levels. Once she gets a break, she has assured us that the PDF conversion will proceed ASAP - she really wants to get it done, believe me!

If the worst case scenario happens & JessiLaurn can't work on it, we've already lined up a second (and highly reliable) person to do the PDF conversion. That said, JessiLaurn still has the first shot at it. With the exceedingly high quality of her work in Forceful Personalities and A Breed Apart, we'd be fools to do otherwise.

"Anxious waiting ....."

Imagine how *we* feel! We finally get all the writing done & take in all the art that we'll be getting, only to be put on hold... for months. ::wacko

Don't worry, this *is* just a delay. We'll get this ebook out one way or another, for our own sanity's sake if nothing else. ::laugh

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Please pardon me if this has already been added to the Mega-Attributes, but I am inspired to add this Mega-Intellegence Enhancement:Natural Code-Breaker. This works like the Prodigies, but is used for Cryptography and E-M warfare effects. + 3 Dice for all such rolls/efforts. Costs 1 Quantum Pool Point per Scene.

Thank you.

Please pardon me if this has already been added to the Mega-Attributes, but I am inspired to add this Mega-Intelligence Enhancement:Natural Code-Breaker. This works like the Prodigies, but is used for Cryptography and E-M warfare effects. + 3 Dice for all such rolls/efforts. Costs 1 Quantum Pool Point per Scene.

Thank you.

::huh Sorry to tell you this, but the window for submissions for the Mega-Physical e-book have been closed for quite a while now? You'd do better to repost that new toy in the "New Powers & Enhancements" thread for this forum.

BTW, your concept does look to be original - I haven't seen anything similar AFAICT. ::smile

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Final Editing-

... has been finished, barring any possible changes to the Credits Page. The PDF conversion will be undertaken by either JessiLaurn or Chosen as RL circumstances dictate, as the finalized project archive has been sent to both of them.

Re: The PDF conversion-

... has been taken up by Chosen & will begin as his RL circumstances permit. JessiLaurn was unfortunately much too busy with her own RL circumstances to do so, but she graciously sent us a wonderful archive of templates & images to help us out.

A promo page for Aberrant: The New Flesh will also be put up soon, either here or over at RPG-Post. ::cool

• 2 weeks later...

We are going to be posting the older eBooks in updated threads while we finish up Aberrant: The New Flesh. There is nothing new here, just highlighting what has already been created for those that may have missed them before.

Archived