Aberrant: Stargate Universe - Table Talk - General OOC Thread.

Mr Fox

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Fox. Hey, could you please do me a small favor? In Unforeseen Consequences, can you please change it to the following?

Kree?" It had just come out. Maybe I'm starting to get the hang of this nonsense after all.

The soldier at the door gave her a funny look when he opened it. "Ma'am?" Seeing her annoyed expression he went on with his business.

I'm intertwining this a bit with Obligations, and at this point Aradia's pretty worried that she hasn't heard from Wakiki, you'll see a scene or two in there briefly - I've already hinted that she hasn't been able to get a hold of him on the phone. Anyway, she's not in much of a giggling mood with her boyfriend having dropped off the planet (literally!) for the last four days. Thanks, hon.. I hope you don't mind.

P.S. - Also, I'd like to post next, but I need to know who's changing their stuff - I know Carver had put Waki in BDU's and that's gonna be a big question in Aradia's mind and something she addresses in her post, if you're modifying it in yours.

Whooo...

That was actually a pretty emotional post to write. I feel kind of drained now.. LOL. Too.. much.. connection to character!!

On that note, at least we now know who's gonna take over the "Calling people on their bullshit, preferably with lots of vulgarity" position, now that Vinny's gone... firedevil

Thanks. What I love about this fic is that we didn't really plan any of this - we're just winging it! It's pretty awesome.. laugh

So really, thank you Asa, for working with me on such a fun fiction! I kinda thought this one was gonna be mostly functional and kinda boring when we first started it, LOL!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just for the record... the Cam story isn't intended as serious fiction so much as chronicling what he is up to. I hope you are enjoying what I'm doing there, but understand that I'm not writing it quite the way I would if I were writing a real story.

I considered just jotting it down as plot points, but I am having too much fun with Cam. I'm trying to think of the problems that might arise for him and writing about them, but at the same time he's really an NPC so I didn't want you guys to misunderstand and think I was writing him the way I'd write player character. I'm also experimenting a bit writing wise just to practice and learn like the scene with Halarin the Tok'ra.

I'm sure that some of what I'm doing you might find boring like what he is doing now, putting together his new equipment and getting settled in. Which is mostly the reason for this explanation. If I were writing it as a full blown story I'd just skip over the bits like now and you'd see him jumping into the next adventure/conflict.

So if you stuck with my explanation this far then thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy seeing what's behind the curtain so to speak, if not then apologies and feel free to avoid the Cam thread.

As an NPC some of his actions will directly impact your characters and those things will be made known to you through regular threads.

• 3 weeks later...

Fox, just a question - I know there was a lull in the game for awhile, and that's fine. I only realized this (I normally never pay attention to XP, I'm really in it for the story, LOL) when I realized I didn't spend a lot of Ari's XP last time cause I was saving up for more shapeshift and/or M-Sta/M-Per, and we hadn't gotten any in awhile for me to be able to do that.

So I'm not in a rush, I'm just wondering. Thanks.

Actually you are very right to mention it. I was just posting elsewhere how I like games that are regular in terms of rewards.

As I was doing it I thought about how I needed to give out some XP here. The only thing that has been keeping me from doing it has been the lull, but since things are moving again it's time to start giving some out.

In stead of doing individual awards like I have in the past, I think I'll just give everyone a flat 20 xp. Everyone has been pretty good about posting and it has been a while.

It has been a while so I don't remember if I raised the cap on Megas to 3 dots or not, but if I hadn't then consider that in effect now.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have anything more to add to the current scene unless there is more you guys want to accomplish. I was thinking of moving things forward a week or so and just reference your training with Kornan.

So, I'm thinking both you guys should start purchasing some dots in Goa'uld tech, and piloting. You guys got 20xp back on the 5th. I don't want to dictate your spending, but considering what you are up to some dots in those areas are pretty essential.

Aside from referencing your training, the new thread will be about you guys going to scout what happened to the goa'uld that were wiped out, unless you change your mind and want to head a different direction.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry, life has been kicking my ass lately. I'll try to get some posting in this week so we can move forward.

(It's 12:25 am right now and I'm taking a break from cutting tile... I should be starting my new position at work tomorrow, but I called my boss and asked for the day off instead. That's how much my back hurts right now. The fifty dollar a day rented tile saw has to be turned in by 11:09 in the morning so I can't quit cutting yet.)

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies to everyone.

Just to let everyone know, things have been very busy for me lately.

I just got promoted at work recently and along with that I'm now working a regular 8 - 5 schedule instead of the 12 hour shifts I used to do.

I've also gone from being the guy who knew everything and that everyone came to for solutions, to being 'the new guy' who doesn't know nearly enough and that's not a comfortable position to be in. So instead of having free time at work to post, I've pretty much been spending ALL of my time just trying to learn the things I need to know to do my job.

Add to that the unforseen and unwanted kitchen remodel at home that came curtesy of the busted hot water pipe under the house's foundation... pretty much all my free time at home has been spent tiling or patching drywall and such.

Now the holidays are on us and that brings it's own set of complications and distractions... (which it seems to do for us all to one degree or another)

So what this all means is that I'm afraid that I'm not going to be able to do much here until after the new year. If I have a chance and find myself with some free time over the holidays I'll post, but otherwise hang tight for a little while longer.

Thanks everyone for your patience.

Archived