Trinity Universe: Game anyone?

Umoja

ProfPotts gets to play
::thumbsup

Yeah - I'm definitely up for that.

Any ideas on a theme for the game (Utopians, Elites, Terats, etc.) or are you more of a pure freeform type of a guy?

Do you use any APG stuff? If so - which bits?

Any books you definitly don't use?

Can I get away with the Quantum Construct twink?.. ::devil

Let me see.. Yes I have the APG.. it's right here.. I'll use bits and pieces of it... yes.. I haven't seen much that seems like insanity. But then it's been awhile since I've read it and I had my perspective altered since first coming here. And in case your going to ask.. No, you can't have Quantum 6 and Time Travel..

I hadn't come down with a definite setting as of yet, other than I was going to make it *NOT* in the QZ world (It's hard to collaborate sometimes on what you see in the world)...

Some POSSIBLE settings on the setting are:

1. Perhaps starting in the days after the Gallatea explosion. No N, no elite list, no XWF. Fitting in events as we can, (Like the UN declaring nova's human.. not something else.. ::hehe ) and forming the world as we go.

2. A Utopian Game, providing a different aspect, set in around 2007. (Yes, before the death of slider)

3. Or possibly just something else someone else suggests as a good setting.

I have the tendancy to be a bit of a freeform ST but I do like having a good idea where we are and a framework of where I'd like the story end... The rest of the story is filled in by the players. I do believe that the purpose of the game is to have fun, and listen to what players want to an extent... (See Reasonable in the dictionary for my limits)

Now as for this...

Can I get away with the Quantum Construct twink?.. 

Which twink would that be? And why would you want a Quantum snack food with delicious creme filling?

Err...what do you mean by pooling attribute points?  ::unsure

Take the 7 pts, 5 pts, 3pts.. add them all together giving you 15 pts to use for Attributes as you like. Given that if you have 5 str and 5 intelligence you're gonna be asked a few questions and better have a good response or two :)

I think an Utopian game would be an interesting change of pace - especially in the days pre-Slider's death (when all the big conspiracies are yet to raise their ugly heads).

A Teragen game may be a little too easy - being the 'bad guy' can be fun, but it's not often much of a challenge in the long run.

... I haven't seen much that seems like insanity...

A single level of Strength on a power to make it Permanent? ::sly

Which twink would that be? And why would you want a Quantum snack food with delicious creme filling?

Shhhhh... He doesn't know about the Q-Construct twink... ::lookaround

Well given the number of responses (which is about half the people that post to QZ and QZ: E) I'll go ahead and try and do a story here. (Forgive my learning, never ST'd a game by forum before) Let me know any more preferences on setting.. I'll work on a storyframe in the next couple of days, giving everyone who wants to participate a chance to come up with a character idea and PM it to me..

I'll put up a poll up here in a few minutes in regards to the setting...

Me want play, me want play! ::smiley5 Me am good 'Barrant player, make good nova, fight fight!

....um, sorry about that.

'Tis late here in Chicago, as a gentle snow falls through the still night air. Verily, it is half past two and all is well. I would like to join your game of roles, to pass many an idle day in pleasant sport.

(Make good nova, fight fight!)

(Quiet, you fool!)

Quantum Construct twink means Q-construct + lotsa mega-man to maximize successes.

Now check what you can do with those successes (a creation success can be converted into five nova points to provide mega-att + quantum powers to the construct)

So lotsa mega-man + Q-Construct + some way to avoid damage = Twink who hides behind his contruct...

Personnally I think Q-construct should have a limit as that found in Matter Creation. Quantum + Power determines health levels / damage / etc.

If not, Matter Creation is woefully underpowered for its cost

I may be interested in joining but finals (final finals! Woohoo!) are coming up then holidays so it'll probably be a slow start. Though I tend to drift to EON to maintain my sanity through work hours anyway so I should be able to squeeze some playtime in there. :)

Finals you say, ezekiel? Hey life event.. do you gain intelligence or academic dots? How about free nova points for my game for fessing up the Quantum Construct twink? *grins*

And as for you Heritage.. Big Fight goooooooooood.. Smash Bash TRASH!

This concludes today's daily broadcast

How about free nova points for my game for fessing up the Quantum Construct twink? *grins*

Hear that guys? Nananaanaanaaa ::tongue ::wink

As for finishing my degree, definite academic dots...:P

hopefully I'll gain some Ressources eventually ::wink But I'm thinking of travelling a bit for one last time before starting the career so it won't be for a while still.

Matter Creation is underpowered?

Um..... what?

I *love* that Power......

Anywho Malkboy, I'm interested in playing if you've got the space (and don't mind me playing, of course....)

I'm good for any kind of game. Just set the scene, and I'll create a char accordingly.

I don't know why there wouldn't be room... Everyone is invited to play once they setup a character with me... (Just PM me the character... And I'm just as finicky about explainations and details as ProfPotts, so keep that in mind) Of course.. you might want to find out the setting which I'll determine tomorrow by popular vote. (points to the poll)

(adds to his list of vic-err players)

uh, a new Game für Aberrant? Erm (*user is thinking, please wait*) ok, my english is *zensored*, but i want to play, to play, to play, to play... Erm, all i want to say is: Can i try to play with you? ::rolleyes i think, this system is as good as nothing else i played before... so i would try to overcome my fear to write something in an foreign language. would you try too? ::unsure

(uhm, did i say that maxing is a wonderfull thing? ::devil most of my charakters are a little bit battlebuild, but i am very flexible)

Welcome to the fold, Obsidian Shade. My english is pretty bad and it's my primary language. *grins* I think I speak best in grunts and shrugs.. ugugugug *shrug* ug!

I'll be getting the game along probably saturday.. going to let a day go by on the poll (or somewhere near) before making a decision. So that most of the people who'll be participating get a chance to have some say.

So lotsa mega-man + Q-Construct + some way to avoid damage = Twink who hides behind his contruct...

Hah! I'd call that a normal use of Quantum Construct! ::tongue ::wink

The Quantum Construct Twink™ is a little more specific... ::sly

Take enough Manipulation, Mega-Manipulation, & Quantum Construct to be able to roll at least 10 successes. Use those successes to create a construct (one success) with Quantum 8 (seven successes) & at least one dot of Quantum Supremacy (two successes, with one NP left over). Any extra successes you funnel into more Quantum Supremacy dice. Direct your consruct to use the Quantum Transformation technique of Quantum Supremacy to add free & permanent Nova Points to yourself. Wash, rinse, & repeat as much as is needed. Voila - near-instant godhood from a starting level character. ::devil

Technically it's a 'legal' use of the power (on the presumption that you can even buy level 4+ powers with NP) - but I defy anyone to come up with a reasonable in-character special effect for the power which a ST would agree to in order to allow such an abusive little trick.

First of all, I'd love to play in this new game as well. ::thumbsup Second, there's a way around that horrendously abusive use of Q-construct for STs: limit the construct's Quantum scorce to a maximum of the nova's Quantum, and use the observation rules for creating hypertech devices to limit what powers could be given to the construct. ::cool

Archived