World of Darkness: Attrition - Scheduled IC Chats

Vivi OOC

Please check whichever options work best for you. This will give us an idea of what times and days are better for us to schedule moderated chats. We'll be trying for at least one day/night per week, but of course this shouldn't impact any impromptu IC sessions, either.

Thank you for your input!

(Please note that the times listed are for the Central time zone in the U.S.)

It's something that's been tossed around, and most people seemed to like the idea.

You might recall mention being made that experience can potentially be rewarded for IC chats, forum discussions, and completed fics?

The scheduled chats being discussed right now will be of the moderated variety, likely once a week or so, that have the potential to yield an XP bonus to the participants.

It's not guaranteed, but the possibility is there- much the same way that it's possible to get more XP for fictions you finish, or especially good discussions on CalNet. smile

Tonight and tomorrow night in the Unofficial WoDA (Beta) Chat, at 9pm Central and running until midnight.

For some bizarre reason, the most popular nights were Tuesday and Wednesday, 8pm-12am.

Tuesdays will probably be the standard, with either Monday or Wednesday tacked on as an extra.

**If you want to sit in, but not participate, please make sure to add "OOC" to your screen name. If you do not, what you say and do in the chat room will be considered IC for the duration of the scheduled chat.**

The exception to this note is Moderators. Tonight, for example, Dave and I will be logged in under accounts that will say "Mod" or "ST" rather than "OOC." This is in addition to our actual characters, and will be used only in a Moderator capacity- not in-character.

I'll try to keep a log so everyone who can't make those times gets a chance to see what was discussed.

Remember, too, that you guys are free to have IC chats any time. I know I'd like to see some! They just won't be moderated.

Question. Do the mods need copies of the logs with whispers, or could they see other people's whispers?

It seems like a silly question, but you never know. Maybe there's some feature that lets you grant special privileges to certain people. Just making sure. smile

No, on both counts. Whispers are private, and even if we could, we wouldn't force anyone to spill all their secrets in a chat room. smile Also, as far as I know, only Chosen can play with the Moderator/Admin status in the chat room. No one has any special privileges so far, I think.

• 4 months later...

I know I haven't got my character done yet, let alone introduced, so it's of little relevance now, but for future reference 9pm CST is (I think) 3am GMT which precludes me from joining any future IC's.

Ho hum, I'll just have to try to make up with other posts/fic's I suppose.

Yeah, I will do once I get the stats etc done, but off the top of my head I'd say it would probably have to be around 6-7pm CST for 2-3 hours (12-1am until ~3am GMT my time). Unfortunately I know that is likely to be a problem for people getting back from work, dealing with families etc.

Anyway I have to get the character ideas done and approved first otherwise it is all moot. smile

• 2 weeks later...

Archived