Aberrant: 200X - Democracy in Action!

SkyLion

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not embarrased! I feel like the founding fathers when they stood up to King George! Don't let her kill democracy people! She is afraid of the Vote! If people genuinely vote I will submit myself to the majority. Only one vote per player please. no fair logging on with multiple IDs.

Originally Posted By: *Overload*
This is a call to vote. Everyone please do so. Nova i hope you will, like me, submit yourself and this proposed setting to the will of the majority.

You're being disingenuous. I've been soliciting the input of the majority from the beginning. Don't paint yourself as the champion of the people and me as a tyrant. It's unfair and untrue.

all i am saying (and others have backed me) is that we want to see where the majority lies. I am not being disingenuous. I am genuinely pissed that the original votes (poll whatever) were not actually copunted and held accountable for.

I am most certainly NOT embarrased. I take no offesnse at your comments FS. From the beginning you and Nova were acting cuddly.

So...

Are we going to allow a vote or have it be smacked down by the autocracy?

It is obcious to me that both Nova and FS FEAR what may come of an honest vote. They fear losing control of THEIR vision. I on the other hand as I have stated will happily submit to a vote of by and for the troupe.

Dont let them kill our voice! Vote people!

I honestly dont see the problem with a legitimate vote? I am really being reasonable here. I am trying real hard to temper my temper and be civil but seeing blatant attempts to squash the majority in favor of 2 peoples cuddly vision really REALLY pisses me off.

This is not their site. Its for all of us. Let the vote happen and let it be counted and adhered to. I am very sincere when i say that I will be placated by a real vote.

Overload, options will be 'discussed' but not voted on. I think you know what that means as well as I. Post up your opinions please, on the off chance there are too many of us to be ignored. I have doubt we can make a difference, but we don't do ourselves any favors by attacking the Power's that Be. Chosen has set his foot down. Let's think about the good times we can have in our "Games".

I'm going to pull a Ponchus and wash my hands of this thread. And I'm going to announce it because I want an excuse to use Ponchus in a sentence.

On a slightly serious note, because I felt this post didn't have a reason to exist, can we PLEASE stop hurling the fucking insults? There is a discussion thread; fucking DISCUSS. Who knows, something might come of it. Having a bitch fit in this thread isn't going to do shit.

And for the record, I say: 50np with the same raise as proposed, stay with canon but allow for change by vote, no Taint max.

Anyway, it's my opinion that we don't really need a vote at this point. Why not just talk about it fellow sentient beings and see if we can't get something done that way?

heck if Drew doesnt want to vote thats fine. Its just that Jager and i agreed it needed to happen BEFORE things got set in stone.

So far nonone has been voting. I may take it upon myself to go back in the other thread and count the results of the Poll. Would you stand by that count when presented Jack?

IMHO there is enough on the table to vote on a few things.

Q limits.

1) Max Q of 5.

2) Max Q of 6.

3) No Max.

Flaws and Merits:

1) Can be taken, effect point balance.

2) Can be taken, Flaws don't effect point balance (i.e. zero them out).

3) Can not be taken.

Point Total of Bonus Points.

1) Standard 15

2) 25 (although I'm not sure this has enough support to merit a vote).

RE: Nova Point total

I'm not sure this issue is ripe yet... although the only numbers I've seen floating around are 50 & 60.

Ditto point growth. I'm a little suprised no one appears to like experience rather than nova points.

I think you're blowing this way out of proportion, Overload.

No one, including Nova, has instituted any kind of policy based on anything that's been posted yet. She was trying to get people to contribute ideas on a variety of subjects, that's all. To see where the consensus was heading.

As many before me have said, there's nothing to vote on yet. The final document has not yet been completed.

It would be much more constructive for you to contribute your ideas to the process, so you'll be happier with the result than it is to try to start some kind of grassroots rebellion.

Just a thought.

As touching as your idealism is, Overload, I think you'll find that the position of "people's champion" is vacant for a reason:

Most of the forum-goers here (and that would be your oft-mentioned "majority," by the way) are fully capable of stating our own desires and preferences without the need for you (or Jager) to try to instigate any sort of revolution against what you perceive as our tyrannical oppressors. We speak for ourselves, as we've done since before you chose to launch this charade of a smear campaign against the person who's spearheaded this entire proposal.

This is not the French Revolution, the Boston Tea Party, or even the Night the Grinch Stole Christmas. No secret society is trying to control the forums with an iron fist, however much you might cry otherwise.

We will all decide, as a group, what this new setting will entail, and I doubt quite seriously that anyone has anything to "fear" from a transparent vote or poll once things have been hammered out.

Your ill-advised rants and inflammatory statements are turning you into a caricature. Please, for the sake of your own cause, try to tone it down a bit. As I've said elsewhere, you aren't doing yourself any favors or winning anyone over to your point of view.

Originally Posted By: Velvet
Your ill-advised rants and inflammatory statements are turning you into a caricature. Please, for the sake of your own cause, try to tone it down a bit. As I've said elsewhere, you aren't doing yourself any favors or winning anyone over to your point of view.

Speak for yourself. Please. Ill-advised? What's that, some kind of threat?

If for one, think he is justified in his anger. A vote needs to be done. We can discuss until we are blue in the face, but a decision can only be made with the consent of the governed (majority vote). What are we waiting for?

Um, as I mentioned in the other topic. Nova was posting a start from which we could discuss. There was no need to freak and start lighting torches and grabbing the pitchforks. Head down to your favorite Starbucks, get a latte or whatever it takes to calm down.

Originally Posted By: The White Rat
Speak for yourself. Please. Ill-advised? What's that, some kind of threat?

Clearly.

Please, don't be ridiculous, and I am speaking for myself. I have never claimed to do otherwise. It's ill-advised because it isn't helping his cause. It's irrational, and does nothing to actually further discussion or move things along. If anything, it's hindering progress because he's detracting from the actual issues at hand.

Quote:
If for one, think he is justified in his anger. A vote needs to be done. We can discuss until we are blue in the face, but a decision can only be made with the consent of the governed (majority vote). What are we waiting for?

I agree that there should be a vote, but I don't think it's the immediate and pressing issue that, say, I'd expect from Congress on blowing up a third-world country. Let those who haven't had time to check in and make their thoughts known (or find out what's going on) do so. Nothing's going to happen until we all take a vote and agree on it, anyway.

I will never understand why Valium requires a prescription, when it would do so many people so much good...

Archived