Aberrant: Children of Quantum Fire - OOC: Discussions

Krul

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the new power maxing rules.. I've decided elder 1st generation should get a a free signature move, sense I can't imagine 20 years as a nova wouldn't have one developing something of the sort, so this applies to Bombshell, Einherjar and Morrigan, I've put it in the Character Creation thread, and here's a reprint

Each Elder also gets a free (no XP cost - The XP was spent in their past) signature move of their choice, totaling no more then (Quantum x Power (Maximum of 21)) boost points(whatever taint gained in this process was slowly bled off, sense they developed only one low powered signature move slowly over time.. those novas who didn't are gone a this point, dead or lost to taint)

I'm adding the following rule regarding Invulnerability,m in part because I'm starting to think folks think it's the end all and be all of defense, and because I don't believe it should be...

• Invulnerability: This only protects against damage and environmental factors, you can take it verse mental attacks but all it shields you from in that case is mental blast, damaging mental attacks, things like all social effects or visual effects or even telepathic probes, for that you need psychic shield, empathic shield or sensory shield. And only Quantum Shield protects against Quantum manipulation effects. And blank protects against precognitive visions and the like.

If you already have invulnerability of this type, you can trade it in for the relevant defensive power, for nova points and then buy up the power (all of which are level one, but only give 2 soak generally), with the nova points to the maximum level you can with those nova points.. if this leaves you with 1 or 2 extra.. congrats, you get to spend them on anything else you want.

*Looks up from book* So... I hear you gais liek papermasters. ^___^

With the things going on, can someone give me a cliffs notes version of the current goings on so I can see where best to fit in?

If anyone could give me an assist as to how I could even join into some fiction let me know.

Well, with Mega-Appearance 7 and the Heartthrob aberration... yeah he gives off SEXX APPEAL. :D

Dude, I am so ready for you now!

Kamiko, first off, the Congo is probably the safest public place for a nova of any stripe to be. It has become a meeting place second only to the Rainbow Room in nova on nova accessability. If you are looking for a nova who is worried about the state of the globe, come here. If you are on the run for almost any reason (killing massive numbers of civilians, being a serial killer, or killing dozens of novas at another's behest will probably exclude you) this is the place. The tech here is bleeding edge, its novas friendly, and strongly defended with an aggressive/reactive foreign policy.

As for the novas in the game, as far as I can tell, it all started with a creche of 2nd gens who worked together under the distant guidance of the Traveler. They moved from their private island sanctuary to Kinshasa for the dual reasons of better exposure and the need to interact with other novas. They have their own agendas, sure, but they also seem to be coalescing around the idea of doing something about the Motherhunters that endanger all 2nd gens. I'm not sure they have agreed on a course of action yet (I hope they haven't).

Now, the 1st Gen novas have entered the Player's Stage. We've got the Big Bad King (Ein), Morrigan, his pet psychopathic killing machine, and Bombshell, Mistress of Sound/Stage ... Hell, all visual and sonic mediums (I don't think she's advocated a scratch and sniff book). Ein's being Ein. The PC's have no reasons to suspect some of the moral decisions he's making. Morri has secretly discovered an alternate world, but no one but Ein knows yet. Bombshell ... ah ... meet her and fall within her orbit.

Notables: All I gotta say is "It's gotta suck some time being the most beautiful person on the planet." If you have a pulse and haven't lived underground with the Morlocks, you know who she is. The top ten grossing movies in the past 15 years? She's been in half of them. You like print? She's written something you've read. Every open a magazine? She's probably been in it (her Popular Science issue is one of my favorites). That's Bombshell.

Some nova you've read about and admired for their martial prowess? Ein's gotten drunk with them, or killed them. How many countries have been taken over by novas since the founding or Project Utopia? One. Guess who did it. Who has taken a third world basket case for foreign aid and turned it to an exporter of hyper-tech (you probably have some device in your home made in the Congo)? That's right. Richest monarch in the world? It sure isn't the King of England. I've probably forgotten a few things, but you get the picture.

Morrigan? She's some beast Ein keeps in a cage. He feeds her raw meat and only let's her out when he dislikes somebody he wants to see dead, but not so much he wants to kill them himself. That's Morri's PR. Few people want to interview her. Fewer still survive approaching her and asking. None have succeeded.

That's my synopsis.

Japan just recently exploded in an frenzy, when one of their favorite rising nova stars, a girl not more then 13 years old got shot on stage.. they were aiming for someone else, but she glimpsed it and saved her friend.. if Shen hadn't seen it happening in his visions, and interfered, Ichigo and her friends would likely have died, and it would have seemed like some sort of quantum overload, rather than an assassination.. but that screwed up bad.. .. Right now, the Prime Minister of Japan is talking to the head of the Congo embassy in Japan.. something that will get back to Einherjar soon, they want an alliance.

Hmm...

This could send Kamiko to the Congo... wanting to see how things function there first hand. After all, with the pull her adoptive parents have with the Japanese people, they'd want to have all the info they can before getting behind this if they're ever asked for their opinion.

Heh, Kamiko's first adventure's gonna be a diplomatic one! Or at the very least see whats up in the Congo (leg work for the Den) and see what sort of assets Ein's Kingdom can afford to the Den? After all, it's time for Kamiko to earn her stripes. She's got no position yet in the Den and she's got some diplomatic skill. Eben a group like theirs has their grunt work and she's just got draf...I mean she volunteered.

Not a life preserver of angle in a sea of possibility, but I think I'm getting close?

Addendum: After some player input some changes have been made to some of Kamiko's stats/powers.

I know Alex would be -very- interested in nonhumans with nodes. She'd have a ball in that parallel. Though I recognize that would be a long time coming.

Still, it might be interesting having interactions between two novas who have such different notions of what it means to transcend their humanity.

I expect to wind up with more interactions with the other characters, it is just a matter of working past my character's natural reticence first. Pretty much every second gen in this game has plenty of reason to be a bit cautious and paranoid.

Archived