Aberrant: War Journal - War Journal OOC

Heritage

Can someone help me move the whole WJ folder back into Active games? Probably the best thing to do.

So is there a return of Damien? Hmmmm.....

I dunno...

Um...I'd rather not. But if you want to pitch something else, I'll have a look.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like Vlad is back.

Cool, I like Vlad. ::biggrin

It's gonna take me a bit to get back up to speed - lots of reading to do and such. I hope to post by the end of the weekend; my posting schedule might be a bit slower than in the past, maybe 2-3 posts a week, but we'll see.

If you're interested in playing, let me know here - my PM box is apparently quite full, and needs a good spring cleaning.

Prof if you want to bring in Halle Jordan from Trans-D that would be cool; I love Rex but I'd like to try something new, if you'd be cool with that.

What, no giant dino-guy?! What's the world coming too... ::tongue

Halle would be cool - I'll haveta' see if I can rustle up her character sheet, & take some time to catch up with all things 'War Journally' but I'm certainly interested.

Can someone help me move the whole WJ folder back into Active games? Probably the best thing to do.

Um...I'd rather not. But if you want to pitch something else, I'll have a look.

Your no fun :PPPP

Of course I think I was the only one who likes the poor guy. He had issues.

Let me see what I can thnink up...

I didn't really get much of a chance to christen her character, but I liked Sarah a lot. ::cool

Edit: I might want to tweak her character sheet a bit first. Would that be okay?

Rereading the posts, I like Sarah a lot too. What kind of changes did you have in mind?

I believe I might be interested if there's room, and you'll have me.

One thing, I think I found the char gen rules waaaayyy back in the original WJ thread, but it might be helpful if the basic chargen rules and setup was posted again (or just linked) for all us newbs who know nothing of the glory days of EON's past, but who are ever so eager to partake in its revival.

((Next thing you know we're going to start seeing new posts with names on them like Chill or Senior Mal on them....)) ::unsure

Okay, here's the list of people who have expressed an interest in returning so far:

Vlad/Alex

Emerald/Potts

Sarah/Phoenix

Havoc/ezekiel (in personal chat)

Welcome back, guys!

Folks who had major characters but haven't mentioned returning at this point:

Hood/Asbjorn

Nomad/Prince of Boredom

Rourke/Archer

Emma/tooho

Judy Kapriski/BlueNinja

If need be, these folks can be NPCed for a bit before disappearing into the 'fog of war', but they could always be brought back if a player returns.

Folks who have expressed interest in creating new characters include:

Bahamut

Cottus Centimane

Anybody else? One of the good things about this campaign is it will be easy to add new people as like stragglers met along the way or the like, so if you don't join now we can probably work you in later.

Hi Heritage! Remember me? Waaaayyy back when, when I first found Eon there were but 2 games running...yours and BlueNinjas. His was full so I decided to join yours. Then you left and BNs game had an opening....

....now, a year later we have...*counts* 5, and this would be 6 active games here!!

I always did like the style of war journal...as it happens I have always saved the PMs you and I exchanged from the beginning in hopes that you might someday return.

I'll have to look it over and see if I still want the same PC, and if so what tweaks should be made. But Id love to join the Green's if they'l have me...

The Nomad will return!

I'm in.

Rock rock on! So here's where that leaves us:

Returning characters:

Vlad/Alex

Emerald/Potts

Nomad/Prince of Boredom

Sarah/Phoenix

Havoc/ezekiel

Interested in new characters:

Bahamut

Cottus Centimane

Skylion

Characters in limbo (for now):

Hood/Asbjorn

Rourke/Archer

Griffin/Grizzly

Emma/tooho

Judy Kapriski/BlueNinja

Assuming we got everybody, that's thirteen characters; I'm willing to go up to fourteen total, so that's one more person not on this list, unless one of the Limbo folk drops out. I'll try to get responses one way or the other from them to see where we stand.

OOHhooohhhh, I wanna play!!! Please? ::blink ::blink ::biggrin ::biggrin ::biggrin ::biggrin ::biggrin

Yes you may! So here's where we're at-

Returning characters:

Vlad/Alex

Emerald/Potts

Nomad/Prince of Boredom

Sarah/Phoenix

Havoc/ezekiel

Rourke/Archer

Emma/tooho

Interested in new characters:

Bahamut

Cottus Centimane

Skylion

Characters still in limbo:

Hood/Asbjorn

Griffin/Grizzly

Judy Kapriski/BlueNinja

I will be posting this weekend, as well as putting up more info for new players and reviewing Skylion's sheet.

Yippee, it's good to be back! :jumping40:

Ok, I haven't heard from Hood's, Griffin's or Judy Kapriski's players, so I am going to try and work around them, hopefully not to awkwardly, but the minute someone says they want to play again, the will be put back into play.

Here's a link to the WJ Goodies thread, chock full of important, well, goodies. I added a link to chargen rules to the first post, but it's also a bit of a refresher course we can all benefit from; it has just about everything you want to know about the setting in it, but I think it's missing the starting gear packages, which I will add today/tonight.

Big H:

I will try to keep up with WJ. But this makes four games I'm playing in (Prometheans, Nippontai, WJ, and Phoenix Rising over on N!Prime), plus running Trans-D and In Search of Inspiration. I missed this thread for a bit because I'm used to only looking in the folders. ::cool

Big H:

I will try to keep up with WJ. But this makes four games I'm playing in (Prometheans, Nippontai, WJ, and Phoenix Rising over on N!Prime), plus running Trans-D and In Search of Inspiration. I missed this thread for a bit because I'm used to only looking in the folders. ::cool

I understand - I was about to PM you in case you'd missed it ::smile If you can play, that's cool, but if you have to drop for a while, that's cool too, I can work around you.

Sorry to be slow in posting and replying to PMs, folks - between work and having relatives staying at our house, I haven't been too productive. Posting will come soon, and be more regular once sanity returns to my life.

Have faith! ::smile

Hmmm... I've checked the 'goodies' thread but seemed to have missed how to determine a character's rank - can anyone recall what rank a Regular Army character with no Backing would be? Recruit? Private? Something like that? It didn't seem to be an issue in the trans-d' game, but is probably gonna' crop up now it's all gone a bit Pete Tong for the Greens... ::unsure

Hmmm... I've checked the 'goodies' thread but seemed to have missed how to determine a character's rank - can anyone recall what rank a Regular Army character with no Backing would be? Recruit? Private? Something like that? It didn't seem to be an issue in the trans-d' game, but is probably gonna' crop up now it's all gone a bit Pete Tong for the Greens... ::unsure

Hey Prof, just wanted to say that your Emerald pic is quite awesome in a booty-licious kinda way... ::blush

Basically you pick the rank you want is the we're going with it now; if you take a higher rank, you must accept the responsibilities.

Slowly and more carefully, Vlad follows the trail of his tunnel back up, making it wider as he goes.

(I.e. he isn’t in the tunnel, he’s making another one that partially overlaps with it).

Alex, can you just clarify what this means? Are you going back and making the tunnel wider, or are you digging a separate parallel tunnel alongside the first one?

Basically you pick the rank you want is the we're going with it now; if you take a higher rank, you must accept the responsibilities.

Cool - I've edited Emerald's description to make her a Private (after all, she's still pretty young).

Hey Prof, just wanted to say that your Emerald pic is quite awesome in a booty-licious kinda way...

Cheers - I was kinda' going for a somewhat stylised sexy comic-booky image. ::ultracool

Alex, can you just clarify what this means? Are you going back and making the tunnel wider, or are you digging a separate parallel tunnel alongside the first one?
Wider. Narrow tunnels make it hard for people to go down, doubleing the width of the tunnel should more than double the number of people who can use it because the rate of movement will go up.

Heritage, your box is full. ::blush

Emma Majors, spook extraordinaire is trying to use her Shield to protect Jubersky's mind from the other voices. She'll burn as much juice as needed to quiet his mind so she can get him to deactivate the bomb.

Oh, and it took me an hour and a half to read the whole thread! It was great. Like reading a comic but better since I don't like comics. I even got goosebumps! I just thought I'd say you all do a great job of making the story very intriguing.

Heritage, your box is full. ::blush

I cleared out a bunch of space, and will try to clear out even more this weekend. Brings back memories, don't it? ::wink

Emma Majors, spook extraordinaire is trying to use her Shield to protect Jubersky's mind from the other voices. She'll burn as much juice as needed to quiet his mind so she can get him to deactivate the bomb.

We shall roleplay all of this once I get the first big post up this weekend - relatives will be gone, woo hoo!

Oh, and it took me an hour and a half to read the whole thread! It was great. Like reading a comic but better since I don't like comics. I even got goosebumps! I just thought I'd say you all do a great job of making the story very intriguing.

I know what you mean! I'd forgotten so much of this stuff, and I was like, "Wow, I really screwed them over! Get those bastards!" It made me want to seek vengence against myself ::huh

So does that mean you haven't been getting the PMs I've been sending you? ::unsure

Have no fear - if the mailbox is full, you get a message when you try to send it. I've gotten all your messages, just been a rough week; I will be posting and responding to PMs this weekend.

Have no fear - if the mailbox is full, you get a message when you try to send it. I've gotten all your messages, just been a rough week; I will be posting and responding to PMs this weekend.

Okay, I wouldn't have even mentioned it, except that all of the PMs that I've sent out in the past week have gotten no response from any of their recipients, and I was starting to think that maybe they weren't actually getting sent out or something. I actually sent out a "just testing PM" to Blue Thunder to verify that he was getting anything. So no worries, I'm just glad that to know that you got them.

Work around me? Bah. Seriously, I need to think about which games I' can possibly keep up with (aaaaaaargh, the choices you guys force me to make! A curse on the houses of Potts and Heritage! ::tongue ), but please don't put Hood out of the game right now. I can at least make a few posts until I decide to phase him out, if that's the way it goes...

And if I change my mind at any point, I'll just go back in time and fix things.

Archived