Aberrant: Prometheans Unbound - Chapter 1 Set-Up

Blue Thunder

As it is no one has a mind link with Jack. No one spoke up at the dinner to ask for one.
I thought Bob already had one? If not then I'd have spoken up.

It'd be a bit fun, especially as Bob's mental voice is very different from his spoken.

I should stay in Group 2 since Envy doesn't go public until later. Hmmm...BN...are you sure about group 2? You wont be able to cut loose with your powers as much, on the other hand we could use your social abilities with Erik. Colony Im not sure about. He seems suited to infiltration as well as combat. Did you take Clone Alex? ::laugh
No Clone. I might take Homunculous at some point though.

RE: Envy going public

If you're going public after the raid, and the raid happens after Horton's downfall, then I should post mine before you post yours.

RE: Tactics

When dealing with large numbers of baselines, area attacks and juiceless attacks (including and especially M-Str) should be used for the most part. Save Q-Bolt on novas, cars, & buildings.

RE: Baselines

Lethal Mega-Strength attacks are seriously nasty, Crush (with it's juice cost) isn't all that useful but just having a knife or sword makes you a one hit killing machine.

RE: Area attacks

Pick up a car and swat people with it.

Drop buildings on people.

Elemental Anima/Mastery Storm seriously rocks.

RE: Bob

If Bob goes for the large slaughter (with either group), he'll probably morph into something with lots of tendrils, & spines and attempt a grapple on three baselines every round.

Cool.

One's a vigilante serial killer with razor-sharp claws and a teaching degree. The other's a heavily mutated bug-man with the tenacity of a roach.

They're cops.

One's a vigilante serial killer with razor-sharp claws and a teaching degree. The Other's a heavily mutated bug-man who spits acid!

They're Cops.

These are their stories...

Dun dun dun...

BN...are you sure about group 2? You wont be able to cut loose with your powers as much, on the other hand we could use your social abilities with Erik.
Given that with a good Forcefield roll, my soak can barely handle hits from M-Str 2, I am quite sure I do not want to be going straight into nova-on-nova combat, or the possibility of taking shots from the Nova-Killer 1 gauge shotgun favored among Michaelites. In our tabletop game, that's a shotgun that does 15L dice, with +4 accuracy. Not gonna chance it. In group 2, I will have a better chance of dropping a summon on them before they hit me, because my nova backup is not likely to be 'distracted' by T2M.

Given that with a good Forcefield roll, my soak can barely handle hits from M-Str 2, I am quite sure I do not want to be going straight into nova-on-nova combat, or the possibility of taking shots from the Nova-Killer 1 gauge shotgun favored among Michaelites. In our tabletop game, that's a shotgun that does 15L dice, with +4 accuracy. Not gonna chance it. In group 2, I will have a better chance of dropping a summon on them before they hit me, because my nova backup is not likely to be 'distracted' by T2M.
First of all, I strongly approve of her going with team 2 simply because we may need the social abilities, and that's even true without knowing that Mr. X reacts better to females than males.

Having said that, your character really shouldn't *be* getting into fights with novas and that sort of thing.

2 Succ for human sized.

2 Succ for Quantum, 10 nova points, said nova points Brawl 5 (1), Mega-Str 1 (3), Tendril (lethal damage at Str+2) - call it an energy whip (1), Armor +3/+3 (3), Stamina 5 (1), and two extra maimed health levels (1).

And use any extra succ for more minions. Drop a point of willpower and you might end up with 16 or 32 demons. Tell them to kill every baseline they can and ignore the novas, even if they are attacked.

You stay in starbucks, when the fight starts, you summon your crew, tell them "There they are, ATTACK!... I'll be hiding in the back over here having another coffee."

Sounds like a plan. I'm planning on using James as aerial support mostly. And even though his q-bolt is expensive, 3 well placed shots will take out 24 baselines, 4 would take out 32. So it looks like our only real concern is going to be any stray T2Mers.

This is going to be chaos.... ::biggrin

You can freely decide who gets a Psychic Link now; we can assume the link gets made sometime between the Cuba meeting and the Austin raid.

I'll be coming up with a good date for the Austin raid soon (for all you XP junkies that want your downtime XP...which is all of you, I assume).

So far it looks like this:

1 - Join Geryon's assault against the Church of Michael Archangel in Austin. This option will likely focus on combat and publicity, and have your character fighting side-by-side with prominent Terats in battle.

Jack

James

2 - Contact the mysterious Erik and attempt to recruit him. This option will likely focus on stealth and ingenuity, and have your character dealing with a powerful and potentially twisted nova.

Envy

Leiko

Kyle

3 - Guard Caroline Fong's Chrysalis while the other Terats are gone. This option will likely focus on philosophy and power, and have your character exposed to some of the strong personalities shaping the Teragen.

King Cobra

Roach

Have we placed The Colony yet? I'm not clear whether he is going with Group 1 or 2.

Very good. If Envy and Roach are going to be handling the defense of Caroline Fong, then King Cobra may well take Envy's advice instead and float around on the dark wings of his Teleport.

It all depends on what you want P! I for one would love to have him (King Cobra) there. As this is going to be a more philosophical disscusion, K.C.'s brooding brevity makes for a nice contrast to Envy's eloquent elucidations.

Archived