Aberrant: Prometheans Unbound - The NoLK Discussion Thread

Blue Thunder

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome Blade! ::welcome

Fail to show me respect and I'll send him after you! He's tall, so he has good reach! That's important in fights!!

Heh. Im 6'7"... ::owned

::tongue

basically it appears I'll be playing the team 'brain'

Well, good. We're a bit lacking in that area, and I'm glade you're taking that slot.

Um....If you considered Mega-Int 2 "lacking." Of course, you know what they say: If you want to be successful, make it a point to hire people that are smarter than you...

Interesting concept B90. I can't wait to "Meet the Character" for more details

Coincidentally,I have a PC on another site who has MInt5 and Warp. very useful. And MInt 5 is a real (MInty-fresh!) challenge to roleplay.

When are you jumping in? I suppose BT has something planned...

When are you jumping in? I suppose BT has something planned...

From what hes told me I'll be joining in at the beginning of chapter one. Basically my character will be one of the novas unassociated with the Promethians that has also offered to assist in the CoMA matter. Of course it wont take him long to become interested in the Promethians and offer to join them, considering his own views are very similar to thiers.

basically it appears I'll be playing the team 'brain'

Well, good. We're a bit lacking in that area, and I'm glade you're taking that slot.

I thought several of us had at least low levels of Mega-Int. Leiko's got one dot herself, along with both Enhanced and Eiditic Memory. (It also makes a conveinient excuse to buy any abilities. ::tongue )
...he also has the Warp power...

Doubly good, and doubly glad.

Yes, we do seem to be short on instant-movement. The best Leiko could do is try to summon Bahamut to fly us somewhere, and it's not exactly inconspicuous. ::biggrin

Okay guys, character bio posted in the Meet the characters section

Good Stuff Maynard! ::thumbup1

If we can manage to stay semi-cohesive I would say our little group here is now officially world-changing. We have brains, brawn, bricks galore, mega socials, quantum monsters, energy projectors, mentalism, martial artists, warp gates, powerful mentors/NPCs, backing in the Pantheon, meta-powers (for the eclectic touch), a global network of enclaves, and several PCs gunning for the Big C.

To quote from that worthy and esteemd Eon Mod, Phoenix, I say to you:

BRING IT ON! ::devil

You guys are going to hate me for this, but, uh...could you all re-send your character sheets to me? In some cases I have 3-4 character sheets for some characters, and I'm not always sure which one is the newest one o_O

E-mail them to chuchuwrath @ hotmail.com

(Except Blade90, I just got yours, so you're safe)

You guys are going to hate me for this, but, uh...could you all re-send your character sheets to me? In some cases I have 3-4 character sheets for some characters, and I'm not always sure which one is the newest one o_O

E-mail them to chuchuwrath @ hotmail.com

(Except Blade90, I just got yours, so you're safe)

Sent.

Wow! ::jaw

Alex, you sure went to town with your fiction. i'll have to make sure mine is nice and long as well. ::happy though I wont be getting to it for a bit.

Also, since this is supposed to be our OOC thread, may I suggest pinning it or making it sticky or whatever term is used here.

That's not needed since that's also the thread for all of his fiction (since you each keep one fiction thread). Besides, everyone will read it once, so need need to sticky.

Sorry for the delay. My temp agency is finding me a new job.

NoNo....I meant please make *THIS* thread pinned.

I pinned it just now before I remembered that Blue Thunder actually has that ability himself, and this is after all his subforum, so I'll leave it up to him. If I'm wrong and you need & want me to do it, just ask. ::moderated WHAT THEY'RE MY MODERATING GUNS

Hey, I thought you said something about downtime xp? If that's the case, are we going to have time to decide what to spend it on before we start?

Also, on a related note, even if you do get started today, I won't be back and able to post until sometime around 2am PST, so don't expect much from me today. Sorry.

You guys don't have XP just yet (unless you saved any from character creation, I guess?). The Prologue didn't count as a game in terms of XP, so no XP awarded there, and Chapter 1 is starting pretty much less than a month after the first meeting, so...basically, the game officially starts now.

You guys don't have XP just yet (unless you saved any from character creation, I guess?). The Prologue didn't count as a game in terms of XP, so no XP awarded there, and Chapter 1 is starting pretty much less than a month after the first meeting, so...basically, the game officially starts now.

*ahem* May I present Exhibit "A.":

Chapter 1 Set-Up Blue Thunder Posted on: Jan 14 2007, 08:04 PM

You can freely decide who gets a Psychic Link now; we can assume the link gets made sometime between the Cuba meeting and the Austin raid.

I'll be coming up with a good date for the Austin raid soon (for all you XP junkies that want your downtime XP...which is all of you, I assume).

Of course, setting the date a month later may have nixed that....but you *did* say it... ::ultracool

Theres no good place for me to post this so I am posting it here. I just now got to reading the intros and such. Assuming that Envy was well briefed on all of the missions by Orzaiz, his tactical insight and advice to the other team is this:

From Envys perspective, Erik erupted without any guidance so is probably scared: approach him like a friend and if he shows knowledge or remorse for the latent executions, tell him that we want to save lives... As for the brief on that last door, its probably got an electronic alarm or even booby trap so be careful. A warp would normally be in order, but it may scare the kid and furthermore, Envy would also know that the Directive and Utopia developed a spatial disruption detector several years back. In his humble opinion, especially since the boy is reputed to have extra sensory perception (at least with regards to latents), the best idea may be to just knock on his door...

Request: do you guys know of any good on-line or downloadable dice rollers? That way I don't have to roll my real dice on the desk and lose them. Not that I ever *have* before or anything...

I dont trust online die rollers...give me the feel of cool plastic in my hand any day...

I would prefer a WW-specific roller, only because if I use a standard roller and put in, say, seven 10-sided dice, I'll get a result of 36 or something, when I really just want to see what came up on each induvidual die so I can count successes.

Until I find one, I'm using an on-line roller to roll one d10 at a time ^^

I would prefer a WW-specific roller, only because if I use a standard roller and put in, say, seven 10-sided dice, I'll get a result of 36 or something, when I really just want to see what came up on each induvidual die so I can count successes.

Until I find one, I'm using an on-line roller to roll one d10 at a time ^^

The pther problem with that for aberrant is that Mega-Dice successes count as more....

Regarding an electronic dice roller: I sent you an e-mail with a .zip file attached. Try the dice roller inside. It shows both individual results and the "totals" result you mentioned, and it has a "custom-sided" die roller in it as well. I use the built in die-roller for normal dice and set the custom one to a ten-sided as well, and use that for megas. Hope it works for ya.

Archived