Trinity RPG: Earth Surrounded - The Triple Threat

BlueNinja

BlueNinja, I think I'm going to pull out of your game*. After a weekend and change of mulling it over, inspiration is just not striking, and I don't want to half-ass your story. I look forward to reading the game as it comes, and maybe I'll join in at a later date, if the opportunity presents itself. Happy exploring, all. ::closedeyes

*Not the most responsible way of preventing unwanted chargen, I know, I know. ::wink

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ended up going in a few directions to cover some things I thought we'd need that I didn't see covered.

---> Pilot / techie / computer skills

I'm nowhere near as good with computers and repairs/mods as a dedicated tek would be but both got 3's and pilot got 4 + a specialty and the crack pilot merit. Did anyone else become a super hacker? Don't want to overlap too much since there won't be that many of us.

The ship will be a modified peregrine. Still working out the details on it, but they are built to go with leviathan's so that's extra special.

I'm finishing off equipment and background, but very nearly done.

Just curious, but what allegiance groups did you guys go with? I did a split Proteus / Hajj, since I will be (and have been) working with Aeon, but no one ever really leaves Isra.

Just for ease and to know who's thinking what at a glance...

Player......Aptitude...........Expertise.............pre Aeon

Ithuriel.......Clear..........pilot/tech/hack....... ISRA Hajj

Blu3l10n.....Rex............VARG/healing?.....Aesculapian/Legion

Sky Lion...Norca or Tek.....VARG/?..............Legionaire

Grizzly.......psychoK......personal combat?.....Legionaire

If you have any other needs covered let us know for group planning.

We certainly sound like a proteus group. I did not make a pacifist clear, so there's that. I took Gross Manipulation for my auxillary to give myself a little offense/defense boost when I need it.

So, SkyLion. Which one is it?

Hey sorry guys! ::blush

I wanted to clear up some questions with BN so I could make an informed choice. Hopefully today he and I will sit down andwork out the particulars. The trouble is that it turns out the game suggests much but the mechanics weren't all that deeply thought out for some things and the modes themselves (not counting the freeform additions) are rather shallow and limited if taken as is. I know BN and others have had similar sentiments.

Aside from being able to have the capabilities I want, both characters have been submitted and I have a pretty good grasp on both. The other up-in-the-air part is if BN will accept the more in-depth background I came up with for the Orgotek-transfered-to-Legions concept...

...so right now the pendulum is stuck dead in the middle until more info is forthcoming...again apologies...

Well, as it turns out, converting my starmap to a gif format makes it under a meg. ::w00t So it's attached to the message here. Each blue square is one light year across. Every red cross is a star; almost all of the stars listed on the map are within 40 light-years of Earth, the map is so massive because I wanted to make sure that important worlds like Qinshui, Eden, and Ruan's World were listed. The dark blue lines are solely to identify where other stars are in relation to Sol. There are small black crosses to mark every ten light years, and dots to mark every five.

[attachmentid=34]

On the image, the top grid has two axis; the left/right axis has to do with whether the stars are spinward/clockwise or anti-spinward/counterclockwise of Sol, the up/down axis has to do with whether they are farther/closer to the center of the Milky Way. The bottom grid has the same left/right axis, but the up/down axis is whether the star is above/below earth. That way, once you find the star you're looking for (like, say, Averiguas) on one grid, you just have to scroll up or down to find it on the other map. Keep in mind that distances on one grid can be deceiving; on the top grid, stars 15 and 25 are barely separated by one light year, but on the bottom grid, they're almost ten light years apart.

Characters so far approved, but still awaiting minor changes:

Sgt Teage (Vitakinetic, Legionnaire member)

Karl Hammerschmidt (Psychokinetic, Legionnaire member)

Still waiting on everyone else. Phoenix, this means you too! Write up a Ministry, since no one else seems to want one! ::tongue

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, sorry its taken so long. I should have regualr access again soon. In the meantime, since no one else has posted I decided to go with the Norca BK BioVarg Ace. Is that okay with everyone? I know Asbjorn wanted Norca too but haven't gotten any response to my PM.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Send it to the_blue_ninja@yahoo.com or to theblueninja@gmail.com ... because I haven't seen anything yet.

bn>

I assumed those were addresses you checked regularly so I didn't send a notice through here about my char being sent out, but...

Since I haven't heard back I thought maybe I should make sure. PM does not apparently have an option for attachements for me. It went to your yahoo account instead.

-d

I now have four basically confirmed characters. I will be posting an official start to Triple Threat after I return to my own home and computer, around July 4th or so. Anyone else who wants to play in this Trinity game, get me a character sheet before then, to my yahoo or gmail accounts.

[edit] The four aptitudes taken are Psychokinesis, Vitakinesis, Clairsentience, and Biokinesis. Still available are Telepathy and Electrokinesis. [/edit]

Interest in coordinating who might know who and how?

If the situation might be that we have been working together as an aeon team, I might include varg docks in the modified cargo bay of the peregrine. Also the crew quarters are upgraded so maybe you have your own room. Just a thought.

My char is a french refugee who grew up on luna if that works for another link to anyone.

Interest in coordinating who might know who and how?

If the situation might be that we have been working together as an aeon team, I might include varg docks in the modified cargo bay of the peregrine. Also the crew quarters are upgraded so maybe you have your own room. Just a thought.

My char is a french refugee who grew up on luna if that works for another link to anyone.

Well my PC has been a bit more sheltered so he will meet y'all in game. good job on the varg docks. Also, did you grow up in a wealthy part of luna or is your PC an elgee?

Ok, My Character was born in Germany, but his family relocated to Australia shortly before the Esperanca crash. Then he joined the Legions. His last operation are had been at the LAST-Zone in the US. Short time ago Trinity asked the Legions for some support and so he came to the Trinity.

Ok, My Character was born in Germany, but his family relocated to Australia shortly before the Esperanca crash. Then he joined the Legions. His last operation are had been at the LAST-Zone in the US. Short time ago Trinity asked the Legions for some support and so he came to the Trinity.
Ok folks, the IC has started!

But I'm soooo lazy.

j/k well sorta, cause I still ain't posting quite yet. Soon soon though.

Question though. This is pre Huang-Marr right?

Also bn> You mentioned you wanted to change something about my sheet and send it back to me. Still workin' on it?

Question though. This is pre Huang-Marr right?
Yes, this is before the Huang-Marr scandal comes out, by only a few months.
Also bn> You mentioned you wanted to change something about my sheet and send it back to me. Still workin' on it?
I'll try to get it to you tonight.

Ok, I've gone over everyone's character sheets, and I believe I have everything important about the characters listed. Some of you have Devices, which means I need full stats for them, because I don't have all the Trinity books and can't look up stuff for the unmodified VARGS, for example.

Please people, post ICly and let's get this game rolling!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hey guys,

Sorry I dropped off the edge. I was checking the IC thread for a while and there was no activity. anyway, seems like things are picking back up. I'm still interested in getting this going. if I'm still welcome.

Blu3l10n

You're still welcome, I'm trying to get more players for the game right now, since Grizz and Ithurial don't seem to still be interested.

I'll be joining soon as well, with BN's approval. All caught up on the other game thread, so I'll read up on Triple threat Tomorrow and have some character ideas. ::biggrin I love jumping in with both feet! ::wink hopefully I won't fall down on the job.

Looking forward to more Trin goodness. I'm surprised more people weren't all over this. ::rolleyes how hard is it to play in three, four, five... games? ::tongue

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, at the moment I know that I still have directly interested (and with submitted, approved characters):

SkyLion

Tooho

BlueLion

I have interested (but not with submitted, approved characters):

Shade Sentinel

Fox

Fox's buddy Drew

Would anyone else please post now or forever hold your peace. Given the switft and unexpected change in cast, I will pester Archer for a subforum for Earth, Surrounded where I will re-start the IC and OOC threads for the game.

Ok, at the moment I know that I still have directly interested (and with submitted, approved characters):

SkyLion

Tooho

BlueLion

I have interested (but not with submitted, approved characters):

Shade Sentinel

Fox

Fox's buddy Drew

Would anyone else please post now or forever hold your peace. Given the switft and unexpected change in cast, I will pester Archer for a subforum for Earth, Surrounded where I will re-start the IC and OOC threads for the game.

Dammnit Shade! Get it together already!! Sheesh! ::tongue

J/K...but post if you are going to play...and buy the book already!!! Its soooo cheap!!!

And no offense, but Fox has been flaky...Fox, by all means feel free to prove me wrong, but not ever responding to PMs doesnt exactly inspre confidence...and really I mean it...Id love it for you to play Fox (hear that buddy?!?!), but I wasn' t sure you were still interested...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived