Aberrant: Cognizant Chimera - CC: Game Mechanics

Alex Green

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, so you're both saying that I (& others) are being unreasonable by having our characters disagree based on well-reasoned, but differing, arguments? That's a wee bit insulting. ::wink

Personally I'm just attempting to play my guy as his character dictates, based on his Nature & background, & I'm sure that's what others are doing as well.

Looking at the current in-game situation I can't see how a group of people drawn from widely differing outlooks & backgrounds wouldn't disagree. It's not like the characters involved are meant to know that Æon are the good guys & will soon be forming PU & T2M, even if that's what all we roleplayers presume will happen (although there's nothing to stop Malkboy changing all that anyway). Some characters have no reason to distruct the government, others have every reason to do so - & that's just the tip of the iceberg as far as differences of opinion are concerned.

Would the game honestly be more interesting if all the characters just blindly followed Æon's order like good little soldiers? ::confused

Which is why I idly planned for a social war, not a physical one, during the train scene. Especially when everybody ended up on the train, I knew it'd get like this again. Distrust can be rampant, because Aeon hasn't earned any. On the other hand, Aeon is a public organization which has to follow certain rules (albe I'm sure some can be bent). Organizing as many possibly destructive forces in one place is going to cause some alarm to the government, even if that place is the middle of nowhere. As was said by someone in the game, do you think you're not already being watched by the government?

Ultimately thou.. pretty soon we'll be arriving to our destination, bickering or no.. unless the put it to enough of a vote for Aaron to stop the train.

Lance has Mega-Chr...right?

::Cant remember::

Sorry, yesterday I was off *Belch!* "celebrating".

To answer your question, do you feel like you like him? I don't think so...Lance isn't Charismatic, he's manipulative. But then, you wouldn't know that, would you?

suspecan (SIC)

suspicion, other word was "cautious"

Would the game honestly be more interesting if all the characters just blindly followed Æon's order like good little soldiers? 

A bit late since I decided to go with the flow way back when...but Lance using the Voice on Michael wouldn't be a "violation" as Michael describes it in my opinion,l or at least, he wouldn't know it. Its not domination and its not telepathy. I don't even think Michael should have given a second thought to what had just been said, simply acted without knowing why he was without thinking about it. Considering he would probably have helped them anyway, he'd probably have thought that it was of his own volition. (Lance just said "Help them!" after all) Anyway, that's much of the source of angst (other than Dawg, that is. He's got a right to be pissed. ::tongue )

As for roleplaying, I agree that differences should arise. We should just try to solve the gazillion player posts vs 1 storyteller post problem.

Lance has Mega-Chr...right?

::Cant remember::

Martha now has Mega-Chris 1 with the Soothe enhancement, for all the good it's gonna do her ::biggrin

but Lance using the Voice on Michael wouldn't be a "violation" as Michael describes it in my opinion,l or at least, he wouldn't know it. Its not domination and its not telepathy.I don't even think Michael should have given a second thought to what had just been said, simply acted without knowing why he was without thinking about it. Considering he would probably have helped them anyway, he'd probably have thought that it was of his own volition. (Lance just said "Help them!" after all)

I think to someone as fiercely individualistic as Michael, any imposition on his free will is gonna tick him off. The whole sub/dom relationship only works because it's completely consensual - Mike's 'pet' can leave at any time, and she'd be free to go (though there might be some pouting ::wink).

As far as Michael being aware of the effects, everyone's interpreations of how powers work is slightly different; combine that with some of the inherent limitations of the whole play-by-post format, and these issues can occur.

Anyway, that's much of the source of angst

Let's not forget Gabe and the Parking Garage Twins, and Lance and just about anyone else who's ever heard him open his mouth ::tongue

As far as Michael being aware of the effects, everyone's interpreations of how powers work is slightly different; combine that with some of the inherent limitations of the whole play-by-post format, and these issues can occur.

I'm not complaining. Like I said, I went with the flow. Lance gained a documented death threat out of that (guess what's in his will...) You don't have to be nice to manipulate people...

hence

Lance and just about anyone else who's ever heard him open his mouth

::devil ::tongue

Lance may just start "violating" everyone in front of police officers from now on just to add files to his dossier.. ::wink

Actually I'd agree with you on how The Voice Enhancement (& most Mega-Social Enhancements) works; but it's not my game, & I responded to the way the effect was described by the ST. ::wink

Heritage is right on the button about Mike's issues with Lance's 'assault'; throw in the Rebel Nature as well, & he'd need to be blowing a lot of WP to not have a go at Lance. ::devil

Heritage is right on the button about Mike's issues with Lance's 'assault'; throw in the Rebel Nature as well, & he'd need to be blowing a lot of WP to not have a go at Lance.

Hey, maybe Martha's Soothe is working - after all, Lance is still alive ::biggrin

You're kidding! Mike is a Rebel?

I felt sure he was a Bravo..

Of course he's a Rebel - that's why he wears those leather pants ::tongue Now if Lance was a Caregiver, then I'd be shocked ::blink

This sounds like a fun game show: What's My Nature?

P.S. Don't want to seem like I'm ragging on you, Zeke - Martha has issues with Lance, but they're not of the 'let's all kill him' variety. Okay, sometimes they are, but I still love ya, man! ::smiley4

Bon Vivant / hedonist for martha is my guess

Maybe Lance IS a caregiver deep down. If he's the way he is its obviously the fault of the profanity and violence on TV. He's repressing his nurturing nature due to social pressure glorifying violence through media and role-playing games. That's why he's always pissed sinced he can never fulfill his soul's true desires. Really...that and his mother screwed him up bad through bad parenting.

Edit: Don't worry Heritage, if this was the only game I was participating in then I might be worried about the image Lance was throwing off about me...as is I'm happy you all hate him. ::tongue ::wink

He's my experiment on manipulation. I think people tend to play manipulative people as they'd play charismatic salesmen...or darkly brooding. I want to prove to myself that its possible to be manipulative when people give you barely any credit / you have zero charisma.

Bon Vivant / hedonist for martha is my guess

Actually, Jester, though I can see why you'd guess one of those; she does love a good time, but she's not averse to working her ass off to get the job done.

Martha has always used humor to diffuse tense situations; she was a middle child in a rowdy Texas family, and often played the role of the peacemaker by letting each side see how silly/stupid/stubborn they were being.

Edit: Don't worry Heritage, if this was the only game I was participating in then I might be worried about the image Lance was throwing off about me...as is I'm happy you all hate him.

It's funny - I'm like, "His characters are so nice in the other games." ::biggrin

He's my experiment on manipulation. I think people tend to play manipulative people as they'd play charismatic salesmen...or darkly brooding. I want to prove to myself that its possible to be manipulative when people give you barely any credit / you have zero charisma.

It's definitely pretty interesting - and explains my similar feelings to some politicians ::devil

Right, so you're both saying that I (& others) are being unreasonable by having our characters disagree based on well-reasoned, but differing, arguments? That's a wee bit insulting.

Well, in that case: I'm insulting myself as well, am I not? I think 'roleplayer' is at least a partly accurate description of myself. ::wink

My point is that bickering like this can give lots of opportunities for individual roleplaying and displaying your character - which is good - but when the storyteller can't interrupt and the storyline can get out of hand in a day with everybody posting - like we've seen before, bickering is only fun for so long.

Anyway, that's much of the source of angst (other than Dawg, that is. He's got a right to be pissed.)
Hey, maybe Martha's Soothe is working - after all, Lance is still alive

You know... I think it is. ::wink

It's funny - I'm like, "His characters are so nice in the other games."

Thanks! ::smile

It's definitely pretty interesting - and explains my similar feelings to some politicians

Vote Lance for President! Woohoo! Dear populace, I will protect you against the menace of Evil. Novas are everywhere. I can make the world safer from Evil. We must allow our law enforcement agencies free reign to protect us from Evil, I'm sure you understand, they wish us hateful deaths. Some are good of course, but many novas are Evil and we believe in liberty and justice for all (who aren't evil and many novas are.) I declare the country on fuscia alert. Beware citizens! If you spot a nova, call the hot-line and we will send help. All calls are anonymous unless evil is suspected. If you are a Nova please register yourself at the nearest newly established PU facilities. If you're a true patriot, you'll do what's right and vote for Lance Albright!

::devilangel

You know... I think it is. 

*sigh of relief*

While everyone else is getting off the train, the two Matts exchange glances and then one walks up to the other and they merge. Then Matt touches one of the train seats and the fabric of the seat flows and forms a ski-mask the same color as the seat was. Matt puts this on, and will ignore any and all press questions.

Someone misses their eufibre, methinks. ::sly

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guys.. I'm sorry this is all delayed and you've been delayed off and on. I promise to try and be better. I retooled CC to fit more around what the player reactions were rather than retooling a bit at a time. Add that to my busy busy schedule lately (mowing, teaching, looking for work, getting my car fixed, etc etc) and no post. I really am trying to get faster and better about the time it takes to post (and I will no longer wait more than a few days for someone to post) so don't give up on me yet!

Thanks for all your support!

malk

She plants a big wonderful one on his lips ::wub, and then hurls him about thirty feet across the compound!

I figure this is going to do somewhere in the vicinity of 19 d10 Bashing - please tell me this doesn't kill the poor sumb!tch ::unsure

19d (assuming a stamina of 5) does 14d which averages out to 5.6 health levels.

If you did 14[5] the math works out the same.

if you did 14[5] AFTER SOAK, then he take an average of 10.6, which still is unlikely to be fatal although some of that would wrap & do lethal.

If David's got FF, I feel a lot better (whew!) ::bigsmile

I'm trying to show that she likes the guy, is very physical (spent a lot of time on a ranch growing up, has a few brothers) and is pretty impulsive - it was only after she did the throw that I was like 'uh-oh'. ::blush

And the 19 d10 would be before soak, though only Malk knows how it will actually go down.

Weeeee... It's good to see people coming back into the game.. anybody else gonna show back up? (Brilyn, Ayre el KaBeer, Asbjorn) I'm hoping.. but if not that's okay... I'll just move along.. and put those who don't show back up on the train out of Nowhere after awhile :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry, folks, but I quit this game. Got to much trouble and other things to do. I can't concentrate on this game as I want. I will not leaving EON but only watching the story from the outside. (Maybe I will join another game in the future)

Have a nice trip (ehm, or anything like that... I'm running out of words...)

Archived