Aberrant: Infinite Earth - hello there

Asche

Hello to all you Infinite Earth players. I am writing this short note to request permission of you all.

I wrote Fox asking to play a character over the start value of the basic guideline here. After discussion Fox asked if I would be interested in offering plots and hooks for all those involved.

So my question...

Would you all shirk the rules and allow me to enter IE here with you into a character/characters that are beyond the starting points with the understanding that it's in the interest of storytelling and narrative? I would not mind being on one of the worlds none of you are in.

Thanks in advance for your candor and honesty.

I don't mind. I don't even mind if it's the same world, as long as I don't get run over roughshod (well not too much, all in the interest of a good story.)

The world Sonja just reached is a mostly canon world around 2010, so other than Mal, uber-super powerful dudes would be a rarity (if there at all). But I plan on Sonja (and Hotstreak) engaging in a semi-random tour of the different worlds/dimensions, a la Sliders, so she could find herself falling into your character's setting, Asche.

Just for the record. I played in Asche's Ba'alt game back in the long long ago and I know he can come up with some good plot. I don't mind him starting at higher points, I don't have any fear that he would attempt to abuse the privilege. (That is if the other players here are ok with it.)

If he's approved by you guys and he chooses to, I've even offered him the option of creating some plot of those who might be interested in joining in.

As long as you don't run roughshod, then it's acceptable. Plots are good, seeing I'm having trouble figuring out enough hooks for Charlie without putting too much work on anyone's table before we get to the Worldwide events.

And actually, it's not a problem if Asche starts his with our precious little world. The three main characters in the 'Terraverse' (sorry if Sonja and Hotstreak are there, I'm still slightly fuzzy on that) are all themselves Q6, in a mostly canon world where that level of power is a rarity already. Frankly one more Q6+ char is not going to make much of a difference to me.

After a bit of concern, I'm fine with it, after all, part of the way this game works.. if any of us do something the rest really don't like, we can easily shift to another world/reality, where it didn't happen, though I hope that nothing like that will be necessary, even though I do intend to have Terra shift though realities now and again.

I wonder if I'm the only one curious. How far above the 100np starting limit are we talking about?

If everyone else trusts him, I guess I will too (I don't know him, but I do tend to give people the benefit of the doubt). I'm just curious as to what we're approving.

Thanks for all the trust and enthusiasm.

Originally Posted By: Stargaizer
I wonder if I'm the only one curious. How far above the 100np starting limit are we talking about?

If everyone else trusts him, I guess I will too (I don't know him, but I do tend to give people the benefit of the doubt). I'm just curious as to what we're approving.

Regarding exact point value..

I honestly cannot tell you. I don't know the exact amount. The characters were made from a concept and adapted from another system years ago. I can tell you that the character (Asche) is not the strongest or fastest or toughest; I am certain a few of you have better abilities/powers than he posesses.

However, I always try hard to avoid steamrolling or roughshodding storylines and players. I welcome conflict and opposition although Asche is more of Sphynx than anything.

Archived