Mutants & Masterminds: Future Imperfect - Table-Talk/OOC-Stuff

Joani

Joani, just wanted to weigh in on the PP cap and say that I think its a fine idea (figured since I was the fiction monster that you'd like to know I'm not bothered by the cap wink ). My only question is will the cap rise as we get xp? I assume yes, but wanted to clarify.

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will - My plan is to give out PP as reward on a regular basis - roughly every third chapter. I will also eventually rise the PL but that won't affect the Cap.

So once I reward - lets say 5 PPs the Cap will go up by 5, too. Simple as that.

Um... I'm just wondering where the power comes from for the oven (or the XBox's RRoD, or lights for that matter) in Quest. Not that I'm trying to be picky, but everybody else seems to be in the stone age, and they're cooking pizza and complaining that the xbox doesn't work properly.

Jaunts hideout was shielded and has it's own power - also it wasn't within the 5 mile blast radius which killed EVERYTHING.

All other places outside the radius suffer from the consequences caused by systems that were within the radius and dependent on the grid.

So the hospital unfortunately deals with the consequences of the blast but it does have a diesel-generator which provides power.

Also, the very first post in Jaunt's intro stated that his X-Box malfunctioned and displayed a Red Ring of Death. He was actually heading to Gamestop to steal another one when he ran into the events that led him into the Quest fiction. When Adrian tried to use it, it was already broke, hence why Jaunt said it was on his 'to do' list. wink

I'm sorry, my bad. Dave, I knew why it had a RRoD, just not why they had power. For some reason I thought his hideout was in the slummier neighborhood next to the MIC. Also I had no idea it was EM shielded or had it's own source of power. I thought he moved from place to place and this was just his current hole in the wall that he had fixed up enough to be livable, and had illegally tapped into the power grid and the cable.

So I was wrong and mistaken on several levels, I apologize. Thanks for clearing it up Joani.

So, it's not that I don't want to post with Savannah.. I'm just not exactly sure whether I should be posting or not yet, or what's happened. Just to clarify, at this point the beam has been removed, right? Are Savannah and Simon being taken to a waiting room? Left in the ER for now? Will they be knocked out, or were they awake for the whole surgery?

Any information that we could get, either from Joani or SG, would be really great guys. Thanks. Looking forward to moving it along.

Sorry, almost overlooked this one.

They are brought to one of the few ICU's the hospital has. You will feel extremely exhausted and tired but you weren't put into full sedation since Kevin had to check back with you during the removal which required you to stay awake. You guys got something akin to a partial sedation that are given to childbearing mothers (I don't know the term in english, we call it PDA in German but I can't remember how the latin term is anymore).

It's a local anaesthetic but he couldn't make it completely painless because he needed your feedback to know if he was causing more damage or not. You lost a dangerous amount of blood but beyond that you're both stable and on the mend.

Do you need any further information?

Originally Posted By: Joani
@Smax - uhm... the van is fried, it doesn't start unless Juno knows how to fix this...

Steve was thinking about walking to the next spot while you carry the unconscious Brick around...

It's not meant to be IC, that's why it's in the OC section - but it can be easily used by Joani as a plot device one day. I just needed a vehicle/medium to transport the message (the movie reels) to the recipient (you guys).

@Dawn - It will likely become more obvious once Anatoly's character is introduced. For now just take it as "foreshadowing" wink

@Anatoly - very nice post. I suggest once you got the Character established to take the initial post and turn it into a fic while replacing the actual profile with some "known" facts and data. Just like the other PCs did.

Ok, quick question. Kevin incurred the following conditions while operating on the twins:

Injury x1 (-1 toughness)(virus)

Staggered (single std action/turn & -1 speed rnk)(virus)

Fatigued (-1 speed rnk)(extra effort)

According to the house rules, Injured recovers after 1hr of rest (2hrs for virus), and Staggered after 8hrs of rest (16hrs for virus). Is fatigued 1hr of rest (2hrs for virus) like the book says? What about dazed and hindered?

Also, I'm assuming that each of these required its' own period of rest, so for Kevin to fully recover it would require a full 19hrs of rest, correct? What order would they heal in (staggered, fatigued, then injury?), and could that be re-arranged? Could Kevin treat his dazed condition from the staggered with a treatment check and then only have to worry about the hindered and the rest?

So, my question is, what would still be affecting Kevin, because your post said he was interrupted before he had had a full hour to rest.

Since I'm the Dr. I figure I best get a handle on how this all works.

Archived