World of Darkness: Attrition - Official OOC Thread

Dave ST

Oneca:

OTN is a spanky new version who I'm planning on playing a bit differently. To that end, I'd really like to give people the treat of getting to know him IC. grin

What people know about OTN:

"Crazy" Perault the groundskeeper is a fixture of the UCLA campus. He doesn't talk much beyond bare necessity, and spends a lot of spare time in the gym or running around the campus. He's been working there for a year or two now, keeps himself to himself, and does a good job. He's known to be a vet with issues, and has been arrested once for committing grievous bodily harm on a pusher who waved a gun in his face. There's a lot of Chuck Norris-style jokes (and Wolverine ones too) about the guy, mainly because he has an intense aura of feral temper about him.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A question ... do psychic powers eliminate the need/benefit of the Sleepwalker merit? Sam definitely knows about the bumps in the night but I'm uncertain if she's eligible for sleepwalker since she has powerz.

Edit: Charsheet submitted, I'll remove sleepwalker if it doesn't apply when I hear back.

Quote:
I'd like to keep the investigation into the murder of several children as part of Oneca's back story, but I'm fine with editing out any characters that wouldn't have been involved due to rewrite or player preference. Is that alright?

As for characters that are being kept:

Lucien, are you still up for knowing Oneca and keeping at least the basic interpersonal knowledge of the old fics intact?

I'm fine with it Oneca. As far as lucien goes, yeah sure. Trust me, if she's smoking hot and goes to the same college, chances are he knows her and has tried to, at the very least, hit on her. If that didn't go well, he prolly smoldered for several minutes and if that didn't work, assumed she was a lesbian. smile

Quote:
The 50xp from creation (or whatever leftover portion) is banked if not used at creation or is it lost?

A majority of it must be spend. 2-4 points left over is one thing, 8-12 points is another (I can find something for you to spend it on).

If you have a couple points left over, you can bank them. We'll let you know if it's too much.

Quote:
A question ... do psychic powers eliminate the need/benefit of the Sleepwalker merit? Sam definitely knows about the bumps in the night but I'm uncertain if she's eligible for sleepwalker since she has powerz.

To my knowledge (and some feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), psychic powers do not make immune to things like Disbelief or Delirium. The Sleepwalker merit helps condition you to accept that while common psychic powers are possible (thanks to modern media and science saying 'hey, it could happen') other things like werewolves, vampires, and real magic is possible too (despite modern media and science saying 'these are fairy tales and you're crazy if you believe in them').

Originally Posted By: Oneca
Lucien - Does they know what they knew from before (however the subjects came up) or do they just know each other from parties and whatnot around campus?

Honestly, I'll need a refresher on what exactly they shared. If you mean 'is he a Mage'? I don't mind if she knows, in fact it might rattle her cage a bit that she had buddies so deep into the occult that they can't make single work, but here's this spoiled rich kid who can work mental miracles and he can't keep his eyes off her body and tongue in his mouth long enough to explain how he does it! (such is his charm...)

On the alternate end of the spectrum, her catching Lucien doing something naughty (which seems to happen to him a lot) with his magic might make for an interesting story, especially when she seems perfectly okay with it (sleepwalker) and isn't buying his B.S. stories to cover it up...

I'm cool with it either way.

Ok... for people who are interested in already knowing the new and improved Jeremy...

I will be putting up the sheet and background shortly, but here's the basics for OOC knowledge... this guy is a con artist and Corvian Changing Breed, the raven as trickster and guy who is perfectly willing to do his own thing.

You certainly may, August may begin her quest for Declan whenever you're ready. =P

Once you're approved you don't need to wait on the mods for anything. If there's going to be any plot based stuff, it's not going to be for awhile. Go on and write and get your PC some face time with WoD:A. smile

Originally Posted By: Dave ST
You certainly may, August may begin her quest for Declan whenever you're ready. =P

Yeah... I dunno about that. He's kinda a dick this time around. Maybe she'll go for a smooth, rich, Bruce Wayne wannabe. After all, Lucian could help her land some roles, once she gets into that career. laugh And when she learns he's Batman, she can become Catwoman or something.

Originally Posted By: SalmonMax
I guess that makes me Poison Ivy?

Kinky! She gets it on with the Bats, too, doesn't she?

Originally Posted By: Sarah O'Neally
Another trip through Psychedelic Mordor? Tempting, but... well, we'll see what happens. wink

*looks at the snarling Vagr, then at the polished, wealthy model-mage* "Trade me! Please?!" :P

Archived