World of Darkness: Attrition - WoD: Attrition Role Call

Vivi OOC

I'll edit this as we find out who's playing what, but I thought it would help those who plan on getting involved to see what everyone else has lined up.

This is what's been nailed down so far:

• Vivi: Morgan. Mage (Acanthus, Apostate)
  • Rev: Lucien. Mage (Mastigos, Apostate)
  • G.D.Procyon: Declan. Werewolf (Blood Talon, Rahu)
  • Urith: Graham. Mage (Moros, Free Council)
  • Jameson: Antoine. Mortal
  • Drew: James Proctor/Titus. Mage (Obrimos, Mysterium)
  • Max: Ariel. Werewolf (Iron Master, Elodoth)
  • Joani: Anita/Ashe. Mortal [eventually Vampire (Daeva)]
  • Adrian Moss: Adrian. Vampire (Mekhet)
  • Carver: Amber. Werewolf (Ghost Wolf, Rahu)
  • Katalyst: Frank. Mortal
  • Carson: Carson. Mage (Thyrsus)
  • PW: Sarah. Vampire (Gangrel, Dead Wolves)
  • Warren: Emma. Changeling (Winter Manikin)
  • Tinker: Alison. Mortal

Running total:

Mages 5

Vampires 2

Werewolves 3

Changelings 1

Mortals 4

Meh. I forgot that Urith mentioned playing a Moros in chat the other night. I've added him to the list, but I'll edit as needed if he changes his mind. (Or if anyone else does!)

Drew was, I think, planning on playing a Changeling, and I believe I heard something about Joani playing a Vamp, but I'm not 100% certain.

Originally Posted By: Vivi OOC
We're just using the OWoD setting and flavor. Everything else is by the book. If I'm not mistaken, there is a book (in the NWoD) about the fall of the Camarilla, so I suppose you could technically play one if you wanted. We'd need to get the rules, of course.

We won't have the Sabbat as-written, either, just something like them, or maybe something with the same name and a different setup. Just pick your Covenants as usual, and if you'd like to play a Cam vamp we'll see what we can do about getting hold of the NWoD info for you. smile

I'm going to play Ashe - either Gangrel or Daeva, but I'm quite sure to go for Daeva this time. Very likely Invictus in that case, very maybe Lancea Sanctum. Sorry, my bad. Camarilla of course.

I edited that again after I read Vivi's post. I hope I'm not messing up everything smile

We're just using the OWoD setting and flavor. Everything else is by the book. If I'm not mistaken, there is a book (in the NWoD) about the fall of the Camarilla, so I suppose you could technically play one if you wanted. We'd need to get the rules, of course.

We won't have the Sabbat as-written, either, just something like them, or maybe something with the same name and a different setup. Just pick your Covenants as usual, and if you'd like to play a Cam vamp we'll see what we can do about getting hold of the NWoD info for you. smile

And added the second Mortal to the list. smile

Just as a note (for the two of you playing them thus far), if you'd like to play a Mortal who is a Sleepwalker (4pt Merit in the core Mage book- werewolves don't incite delirium, use of magic doesn't automatically result in disbelief, etc.), I have no problem with you starting play with the Merit.

In fact, if you choose to use it, I'll even let you have it for free.

Why? It'll give you a bit more wiggle room in your interactions with other beings in the WoD, and they won't have the issues that come from dealing with Sleepers. What it won't do, for example, is protect them from the stark terror that comes from seeing a werewolf standing over them- only from the delirium that makes them try to forget it. smile

If you don't wish to take it, that's perfectly fine, but I thought I'd give you both the option if you'd like to do so.

(Keep in mind, of course, that if you later choose to become some sort of supernatural being, or it happens during play, you lose this Merit.)

Originally Posted By: Vivi OOC
And added the second Mortal to the list. smile

Just as a note (for the two of you playing them thus far), if you'd like to play a Mortal who is a Sleepwalker (4pt Merit in the core Mage book- werewolves don't incite delirium, use of magic doesn't automatically result in disbelief, etc.), I have no problem with you starting play with the Merit.

In fact, if you choose to use it, I'll even let you have it for free.

Why? It'll give you a bit more wiggle room in your interactions with other beings in the WoD, and they won't have the issues that come from dealing with Sleepers. What it won't do, for example, is protect them from the stark terror that comes from seeing a werewolf standing over them- only from the delirium that makes them try to forget it. smile

If you don't wish to take it, that's perfectly fine, but I thought I'd give you both the option if you'd like to do so.

(Keep in mind, of course, that if you later choose to become some sort of supernatural being, or it happens during play, you lose this Merit.)

I believe I will take you up on that offer being as I had thought to make Antoine at least semi aware of the unseen world of bogey men

Of course! If you've read the "Q&A" and "Rules" threads, you should be fine. We've also got some other resources posted (like Dave's character sheets and a nifty Google map started by Dawn) that you're welcome to use, as well. This is all pretty new, so things are still more or less evolving as we go, but we'd be happy to have new people join in.

Once you've got your character drawn up (Mortals in NWoD are pretty darned easy), just send 'em to me, Dave ST, or both in a PM. We'll look it over, and as soon as you're approved, you can post up your profile and get started! smile

Yes, but as you proved recently the breathing-challenged seem to be the only ones who can handle Griffith Park. But can she survive a Deava salon with her sanity intact?

Tune in next week! Same Vamp time, same Vamp channel!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived