Aberrant: The Middle Children of History - OOC Thread

Honestly, you're making this way more sinister than it was. Waki wanted help scaling down the character, help which PW gave him by giving him a suggested build (which admittedly, was done wrong, but has been fixed since). That build worked for him, so he used it. I never saw the character until it was submitted, so there was no secret conspiracy to make Waki a god-character or to somehow make him specialier than anyone else's character.

This continued argument looks more and more like attacking the PC because people don't like the character and/or the player. Well, too fucking bad. There are a lot people who don't like insert-combination-of-player-and/or-character-here on this board. Fucking deal and be civil to each other out of character. And no, this isn't directed to anyone in particular, because I've heard several people bitching both privately and publicly about any number of characters on this forum.

Those who operate by the rules of this forum and site are welcome to play in MCoH. And that should be all that has to be said about that.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Because I've heard several people bitching both privately and publicly about any number of characters on this forum.

Because people don't like Waki and I won't elaborate on why, he knows. The fact that he insists on not showing his face around here skulking like a ninja letting his minions do all his work for him kinda bugs me.

Maybe if he would actually pop his head up from the shadows and talk with people and be a part of things instead of hiding behind his henchman I'd be more open minded about things.

I'm sorry, but the guy is shifty and I'm under no obligation to simply accept things. If my attitude towards him is going to change, I'll need see him actually doing stuff on his own and trying to be a part of things.

I guess all that's left is to wait and see. I really hope you two know what you're doing.

Again, anyone who plays by the rules of this forum and this site are welcome in MCoH, as far as I'm concerned. And no, you are are under no oblication to accept anything in this forum. You're welcome to vote with your feet, and if you don't find thing to your liking, you are as welcome to leave as you are to stay. Your choice.

Actually, you get to vote-vote, too. It's been neglected to this point, but the rules of this forum call for annual elections. So, I'll figure out the best way to handle it; first, I'll start a thread for people to step up for the job. If you want a shot at it, speak up in that thread.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Folks, thanks for the fun, but as of today, Jess OOC and I are letting MCH go. What does this mean? This means that the rules are becoming guidelines, and you guys are free to do as you will, much like the NPrime board.

This board has been coasting along anyway with only minimal guidance. If someone wants mod duties over this place, let PW and I know. We can continue to perform admin duties (post deletions and the like) as needed, but you can police yourselves when it comes to characters, plot and stories.

Have fun, and thanks for the good times.

Sorry to see you guys go as Mods. I know there wasn't much in the way of modding to do, but still, it was appreciated.

I've never played in a completely open world with no mods or official rules. For my part, I will go on as if the original rules and such were in place. I hope those writing now will continue, I certainly plan to do so.

Thanks again for setting this venue up and getting it going.

• 3 months later...

Having joined the boards recently, I've been reading through a few of the games. After much deliberation, I was wondering whether you were still taking players, even though the game has moved into mostly just being player-driven? I have a few ideas I wouldn't mind trying out, and would enjoy having a reason to spend more time in front of my computer...lol

Thank you for the warm welcome!

I look forward to interacting with anyone who cares to! smile

Of course, first things first, character creation....lol

Before I begin, would anyone mind if I copy their sheet format for my guy when I post him? I don't want to step on any toes by doing things of that nature without permission.

Go for it. I believe Dawn did the sheet, but she did it for the game so I can't imagine she would mind. We generally share our toys here, but appreciate the thanks and asking.

I play Elspeth in this game, btw. Welcome aboard. We have no mods right at the moment but that hasn't seemed to effect us.

Thank you again! Actually, you're kinda to blame for me settling on this one. I was reading Elspeth's stories and just got kinda sucked in... (Feel free to take that as a compliment, because it's meant as such!)

And I'll try to figure out a way for my guy to get a chance to interact with Elspeth. Just a matter of justifying it IC, of course.

So far, I'm liking the idea of a Scottish doctor well into almost his forties erupting. So far for personality, he's basically been living under the proverbial rock, so even though he's only been vaguely exposed to novas (and having ignored pretty much everything that wasn't his very small corner of the UK), now he's been cast from his small pond and into the veritable ocean...

Well, that's good to hear, 'cause so far, I don't think my guy will. I kinda like the feel of being the Bilbo Baggins of the superhero set. (The only one who'd rather just stay at home, running his small medical practice and practicing his bagpipes...lol)

Ok, posted the character sheet for Dr. Angus Sinclair in the Character Sheet Forum. Justin, since you offered to look it over, would you care to before I make any other posts under that account? I would like things to be completely on the up-and-up before I actually start things off with my character...lol

Thanks! I was trying to wring a bit more detail out of it, but finally decided that as barebones as it is, it would work. It IS just the background, after all...lol

Also, for those needing something to do, his first Opnet post is up.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived