Aberrant: Dead Rising - OOC Stuff

The Fine Balance

And I recommend coming out to our Flash chat to talk to us in real time. It can help with questions and such to have instant answers. I'm usually logged in as Carver or Carver Soze in chat. Even if I'm not there, a number of people can help you with the Abby rules and setting. smile

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for Olivia, an extended exposure to Benedict may result in sudden expression of social traits if you feel like it. ^_^

Although I have the feeling that if I continue playing him on this way, I'm going to get him some traits reflecting his "aura of relaxation".

Posting in 12h - the doctor's travels may be interesting, but a real foodie goes to the front and sniffs the aromas abroad.

Should Olivia decide to mention Benedict's...idiosyncracies (as she put it) to Myfwanny I assume it would work to sort this story part out through [Fic]tion if this happens to come to pass?

Originally Posted By: Anatoly
Posting in 12h - the doctor's travels may be interesting, but a real foodie goes to the front and sniffs the aromas abroad.

Should Olivia decide to mention Benedict's...idiosyncracies (as she put it) to Myfwanny I assume it would work to sort this story part out through [Fic]tion if this happens to come to pass?

Olivia won't mention specifics without permission from Benedict.

From earlier in the box:

"He eyed Dr. Shepard for a second, and for a second he almost felt as if the woman might have some uncertainties about herself, despite her being able to handle the efforts of this...quarantaine. He reminded himself to make her a lemon sherbert when he got out of this place, and to subtly muse the virtues of self-confidence."

And so I posted a piece of fiction (Moral Fiber and a Lemon Sherbert) to illustrate that he is a man of his word.

Since I am a bit confused as to how the timelines are running, could Lydalynn or Dawn give a hint when I can spring a sherbert surprise on Olivia? Just pick a convenient moment and I'll cook something up (harhar).

Hey, SMax, I was thinking Kristin might accompany you to Dallas to help establish the Laboratory, see if Jon is still there or if it is safe. After all, you are her doctor, and there are already a fair number going off to explore places for a new Refuge, including a distressing amount of men.

Think Myf would be amendable? Kristin isn't planning on staying with her, but doesn't mind helping the doctor. And maybe seeing the place where she might end up actually giving birth. If nothing else, if she has access to higher grade equipment, Myf might even be able to run proper pre-natal tests. smile

Neither I nor Myf have any objections to that. She'd really rather not be alone...just in case.

Also, Myf will be very supportive of Kristin's idea to try to create a form of farming that will work. Force-growing crops is very time-consuming. smile

Not sure how much longer Whitebrook needs to stay in the box. I realize it probably hasn't been all that long in game time, but it looks like the people leaving to scout new locations have already left, and I'd at least like to be able to go to Dallas if Whitebrook doesn't make too much of an ass of himself.

Myf has no objection with anyone who wants to go to Dallas. I do think however that she doesn't want to show up on Jon's doorstep with an army of supers. It'd be a little too strongarm.

So Kristin and Sarah and maybe one other can come with Myf to Jon's...I'm not sure our animal dude will want to be thirdsies on that, since it's a doctor going to meet another doctor. smile

But whether someone goes to Jon's or not, they're welcome to step through the warp to Dallas.

Well, Sarah expressed an interest in going, so she could be your third. Whitebrook has no taint or aberrations or anything physically unusual about him and could leave most animals behind. Playing devil's advocate, it sounds like Myf is too valuable to the community to let her go off doing dangerous research without a fair amount of protection.

And it's not Dallas that Whitebrook would be interested in as much as it would be learning Myf's abilities with plants (assuming he learns about it somehow).

Well, if she can detect the presence of a small horde of new animals, including the birds behaving unnaturally in the sky, smell the horses the way Olivia did, or was able to hear Whitebrook's not-so-subtle tirade a little bit ago, I'm sure she already knows something is up. wink

So we should keep 12h going? I'm not trying to push, just get a consenous of what to do.

Also: I'm sorry guys - I had planned to update tonight but after my day at work it's not happening. Updates will happen perhaps tomorrow.

Again, sorry about this.

I'm fine with switching back to 12h, if it's easier for you Dawn. I went with 12i mostly because it seemed like that thread was getting less notice and I was trying to balance it out. I hadn't been aware that Sarah was going with Myf, I had assumed she was going to go with Dan looking for a new place for a settlement.

And no worries Dawn, deal with you stuff first before dealing with the game. It and us will still be here. smile

I think the concept of 12h offers some real good opportunities to explore, get a feel of the world around us and for my character to get to know some other people.

Then again, it's your call in my opinion and I am fine with it either way.

Benedict's a hyper-friendly bundle of "let's go do something!" so he will join any initiative that sounds fun.

Guys, I'm holding off on Refuge posts ATM because Myf, who is the hinge for both of them, is still working things out.

Also, waiting for Aze in Founding Fathers; I'll post on Wednesday if he hasn't by tomorrow.

If you're not one of the threads above, and I don't update your thread tonight, then feel free to ask him why. smile

Ok, Jill's escape is dealt with in the fic Freedom. She'll be gone hiding one day at the tent city, probably the red tent for some goods in exchange for their discreet dealing with this and not telling anyone where she was. The following day early in the morning she'll be gone. I hope that is ok and doesn't create conflict with continuity.

Originally Posted By: Venus
Ok, Jill's escape is dealt with in the fic Freedom. She'll be gone hiding one day at the tent city, probably the red tent for some goods in exchange for their discreet dealing with this and not telling anyone where she was. The following day early in the morning she'll be gone. I hope that is ok and doesn't create conflict with continuity.
James won't go looking for her, he's busy during/before the move and he'll assume she's finally breaking with V during/after the move.

Meaning we'll get to settle into the new place before the news gets out.

It's not just that. I have some personal issues with running a 'future' and a 'past' thread at the same time not just because of continuity issues but because I don't know how the character will grow from one thread to the next. Especially in this case where Black Water is where Nathan/Draygo is supposed to discover his Draconis form.

But, I guess I can make an appearance, introduce his giant Draconis form to the Refuge...

Archived