Aberrant: Dead Rising - OOC Stuff

The Fine Balance

Actually, my statement above was based on you saying that Venus was moving to Olympius. That meant, to me, that she was going to reside there on a permanent basis. I didn't say that the secondary could never meet the primary, only that they couldn't have major interactions or reside in the same enclave. If Venus is living in Olympius, then its fine. If she expects to live in both enclaves... well, I think that Fox and Han are both under a misunderstanding about what her intentions truly are.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, hehe - she is going to move permanently to Olympus, no doubt about that. I only have the feeling right now that she won't be allowed to come back and visit the Refuge.

Under these aspects my idea can actually work. So no misunderstandings here, Venus' mind is set, don't worry about that.

Originally Posted By: From PM
It seems like I'm in the minority anyway - put I don't think people need secondary characters in DR - you already have enough players/characters as is, and this would end up making you split your time even more, sometimes for the same player, between his or her characters.

This is a valid concern, but since people are steering toward groups, that helps a lot. The three concrete ideas that have been bounced to me all have definite groups they want to join. So I may add that no one gets to go jaunting off on their own. That keeps down the number of threads I have to maintain/watch overall, since people will fit right into established threads. Thoughts?

Hello everyone,

After a lot of reading, seeding and pleading, I managed to finish my character concept to join you guys. I placed my character's factsheet and background (Benedict) in the Characters section, and will put up my first IC post soon.

Just be gentle with the new guy, I can be slow a bit at the start figuring everything out.

Hoping to have a great time!

Originally Posted By: Anatoly
Now I am curious...but not sure if I want to be.

The Zombunny was created when Venus (then called Violet) sacrificed a rabbit in a fertility ritual. After she and her then-lover, Dan, buried the rabbit, it crawled out of the hole and hopped away. Only Ira ICly knows its whereabouts but all of the players love referencing it, especially when Long is in chat. (Long is Dan's player, and we all love to see him type, "As a great man has says, Mistakes were made." laugh

Welcome Anatoly!

And I had a thought on the secondary characters - what if they were norms instead of supers - there's alot of stuff for regular people to do and plots they could be involved in. If they ended up infected - they'd have the same chance of changing as an Ally NPC. I think it'd be fun and it'd be nice to see more vanilla mortals walking around - IMHO.

Originally Posted By: Anatoly
*ZomBunny evokes images of Monty Python's knight-repellant*

Ironic that it just so happens to be hanging around the one character in the game with a nickname IG of being a 'Knight'......

...where did I put that holy hand grenade of antioch...

Originally Posted By: Dawn, OOC
I could coordinate with Chosen to get us our own dice roller, like IC has. Are folks interested?

I've had no takers. Are we not interested?

Regarding the second characters: I'm going to allow it. We'll take it as it comes and see how it goes. I don't anticipate any issues; we're all a reasonable bunch of people.

I could coordinate with Chosen to get us our own dice roller, like IC has. Are folks interested?

I've had no takers. Are we not interested?

Regarding the second characters: I'm going to allow it. We'll take it as it comes and see how it goes. I don't anticipate any issues; we're all a reasonable bunch of people.

I'd rather use a dice roller here than IC, just to use one here. But he'd have to make one for Abby, correct?

If I remember right, he has a dice roller for Scion, but that is on a different dice system than Abby.

As far as dice rollers go, I don't see how it matters either way. I usually use an old Wizards of the Coast dice roller that they designed for AD&D. I don't see the point in making it an issue what dice roller we use aside from the need to keep us all honest when another player wants to review our roll, which, let's face it, that's usually the case. To be blunt though, if any of us need to be kept honest, we're probably playing with the wrong crowd.

My roller posts like this:

Roll(10d10):2,1,9,4,5,10,5,8,4,1

I usually add in the successes part or re-rolls for qualities and do the math so the ST doesn't have to bother with it all.

I still use the beta chat roller. If you know the address or have it bookmarked, it still works.

But I'm with Damon, I thought Chosen only had a M&M roller up right now. I thought he was still working on an Abby roller.

As for why it matters, not that it really does, it just streamlines and standardizes the process. Or at least that's my take on it.

Archived