The Ugly Ugly Truth

Aphrodite Pandemos

I'm probably going to lose a lot of friends here, but I have been found out. So, rather than keep up the charade i will admit that i have made alternate personalities on this board

Forbidden Mistress

Lita Hardy

Mistress

Crazy Girl (i expect the shittiest of shitstorms to come from this)

Night Stalker

Supergirl

Half Fey Succubus

and maybe a few i have forgotten

The only one who i have not portrayed is Sandman XI. He is my brother. You can take that as the truth.

So, I'm being banned. I am totally deserving of this. I hope I havent offended anyone. Maybe I'll see you guys around. If not, I understand.

First, I don't think Chosen bans over this kind of "offense"; the one or two times the ban hammer has fallen has come down over people being homophobic or asshats. Yes, it's shitty, but you haven't been rude or mean to people (without cause). Being dishonest about who you are? Not that big of a deal, given that this is the internet. You expect that people are going to lie about themselves. I don't, but that's more because I don't give a shit if people know who I am.

Okay... I'm just really confused about why you'd do this. I don't really even see a point to it. Before you run off, I'd like to know why you felt you had to lie about your online persona over and over. And no, I'm not angry. Just baffled.

So... what's up?

Dave, Dawn, it's neither of those. I was being sneaky because I was bored. Inventing "real" people because I could. They were mostly based off of people I knew, which isn't flattering to some.

Crazy Girl, the one I expect to get the most hell about, was me trying to be my half-sister. Mistress was basically an overclocked version of myself. Night Stalker, I was trying to be Sand. Half Fey Succubus WAS supposed to be a take on a friend of mine, but she just fell into the Mistress trap really. I'm sure there's a host of different ideas behind each mask.

Not crazy. Not attention whoring. Just something to do in my spare time. I had a lot of spare time.

For the record, deceiving everyone falls under the asshat clause in my book. I made this site for people to be creative and collaborate while escaping their RL problems. Being fed someone else's fake problems isn't acceptable to me.

My number one job here is to protect everyone. In my book what Moira did shows a lack of respect and care for the rest of the people in the community. I told Moira in chat that pretending to be different people is not an option and any attempt to do so will result in a perm ban.

Hm. I am not having much of an emotional reaction to all this, mainly because Moira's the only person listed I ever really interacted with much. Mistress too, arguably, but not a whole lot.

So it's kind of like, "Hey all those other people you barely noticed were me too."

*shrug*

I suppose I can see a certain appeal for the practice...as someone who at times lacks self-confidence, I can understand the temptation to become someone else and try risks that won't have repercussions for your 'main' persona should they explode. The flip side of that of course is that any positive results won't carry over either, unless you come clean and risk the backlash from that.

The risks probably outweigh the potential reward, but making mistakes is how we learn.

No hard feelings here.

None here, honestly. I'm not really emotional about it either. I just don't get why people pull crap like this. Creating personalities out of boredom to mess with other people is a cry for attention. I'm not sure what Chosen has decided to officially do, but Own-The-Night and I have already mentioned to him that a perma-ban would be a bit harsh considering no one is particularly mad about it (myself included). Hell, none of are even particularly surprised by it either, it's not like you're the first person to do it around here.

My respect for the individual has waned considerably. I'm not Max and I don't have the perky "Wow, you're completely dishonest and decided to lie and mess with my head because you were bored and thought it'd be fun!?!? Cool, let's be friends!" mentality.

I do hope Chosen allows you to stay. I also hope you can pick a personality and stick with it.

Hey, i will be completely honest. When I first started way back when, I presented the two characters/personas I had as different people. Jordan and Atwight were at one point thought to be two separate real world people who happened to know each other IRL. I didn't do this on purpose but sort of fell into it because I thought people would be upset with me for having 2 characters on the board. In retrospect it seems foolish now and more than a little bit cruel as I was constantly lying to people who I had come to consider my friends.

So I am not going to judge you at all. I hope though that what you take away from this is the same thing I did. being the real you is infinitely more interesting than all the fake yous you could present us with. If you are really that bored, then do some creative writing and post it up here.

I don't feel particularly betrayed, but I am definitely rolling my eyes. I was well aware CG wasn't real, though the specific nature of that persona didn't really blip on my radar. I don't think a ban is really necessary, either- mostly because your antics have already affected how people perceive you. As far as I'm concerned, you've gone from "Neutral" on the scale of my regard to "Slightly North of Tartarus," and I have no desire to interact with you in games or in conversation; I'm not, however, going to nail puppies to your door. As Max said, finding out that all those random people I didn't know and wasn't interested in knowing were all one person I still don't care to know isn't a massive shock, and I won't lose sleep over it.

• 2 weeks later...

For the record I consider this matter resolved. Several alts have been consolidated. Moira was never banned from this site. I asked her to take a week off and booted her from chat for lying to me. What happens going forward is between Moira and the other members of the site.

Archived