Aberrant: War Journal - War Journal OOC

Heritage

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heritage, where's Sarah right now?

She's hovering over the mountain where Bravo is located; I'm going to post the last set of 'restart' posts tonight, which covers Sarah, events at 8th Battalion HQ (where Rourke is with the kids) and the mindscape shared by Emma and Jubersky back at X4. After that we'll move forward, and I will work in the new folks once we have sheets for them.

Put up a bunch of new items in the WJ Goodies thread (which is rapidly becoming the official WJ sourcebook), including a guide to the weapons of the Aberrant War as well as standard gear packages for all three branches of service. Enjoy!

Where in the World is the Green Machine?

8th Battalion HQ is basically at the southern foot of Mt Ranier, 12 klicks (7.5 miles) almost due south of the summit. It's a charred place of death, but does not appear to be threatened.

Base X4 is about 28 klicks (approx 17.5 miles) more or less due east of 8th HQ; X4 is where Jubersky has the bomb situation going on, as well as the whole tunneling robot tank issue.

WS Bravo is about 125 klicks (78 miles) more or less due south of 8th HQ. WS Bravo itself is fairly close to Portland, Oregon (roughly 30 klicks away to the SW). it is being bombarded by artillery and cruise missiles.

A quick list of where the characters are right now:

8th HQ

PCs

Rourke

NPCs

Julia

Hawthorne (nova counselor)

Lots of little kids

X4

PCs

Griffin (if he ever plays again)

Emma/tooho

A few Havoc clones (but not for long)

NPCs

Jubersky and a lot of other X-Ped 4 folks

WS Bravo

PCs

Vlad

Kapriski

Nomad

NPCs

Kelso, a bunch of T&S flunkies and some RA stragglers

Valley two miles North of Bravo

PCs

Hood

NPCs

Kat Vanderlay (Project Pandora psiad)

various Greens in quantity

Floating over Bravo

PCs

Sarah/phoenix

Emerald

NPCs

Cobra cannon fodder

SOL in the woods two miles Southwest of Bravo ::tongue

PCs

None

NPCs

Zeke & Sorkin

::blink You seem to have fairly dominated the fiction section Heritage! Good on you.

You also mentioned that I should read trans-D to learn more on Hood and a few others. Did both series take place at the same time? Now that the excrement has hit the wind tunnel, what happened to these other dimensions? Did the portal get hosed?

::blink You seem to have fairly dominated the fiction section Heritage! Good on you.
I think that in the crash of 2005 the fiction area died and he was the only one who'd backed up his stuff. Pots had two or three fics up, I don't remember who else.
Now that the excrement has hit the wind tunnel, what happened to these other dimensions?
Still there I suspect. It's even possible that the PCs are stuck on the other side (considering Paul Blue was originally created for that team let's hope so).
Did the portal get hosed?
Yes. The portal was a sentient Turnip the size of a building named "Thrown" and like everyone else with the warp or teleport power, he was killed by the mind wave.

I don't know how I missed that the Kettle Falls story was already up, so I went ahead and loaded the new slightly longer version; I just went in and deleted the older, shorter version to avoid further confusion ::smile

And yes, Alex was right on all three counts. The two games were run in parallel, existing in the same time period; there's a reference to Ficklestein and his video collection in Trans-D if you can catch it ::wink

Hi folks!

I think I am back again ::biggrin !

And, as it seems, at the right moment.

So Griffin is on the move again.

Grizzly

Good to have you back, dude! As you can see, I NPCed Griff in exactly one post just recently, so just take over from there.

And Sky, you should be able to PM me now.

Roger that! :speeddemon_sm:

PMs Away!

Any chance I'll get a response to my previous ones?! ::tongue ::wink

All five hundred of them? Just kidding! ::tongue

No, but I am feeling a bit overwhelmed right now, which seems to be my defacto setting as a GM; three new character submissions to go over, two of them fairly texty, and I've fallen a bit behind on my posting schedule. Plus I rather foolishly agreed to pick up my tabletop Eberron game for the summer, which was the height of dumbness, because D&D players are even crazier than Aberrant ones and they have my home phone number ::wacko

And wasn't I working on a comic book or something? Oh jeez, I almost forgot! ::rolleyes

Hmm, this turned out far snarkier than I intended; believe me, I love doing all these things, but I've discovered I have inherited my dad's tendency to overcommit to projects. I only ask that you all bear with me as I chew the too much I bit off, and give me my oh-so-valuable personal space, and I will take care of everything - well, the comics a bit hosed until the end of the summer, but I'll sneak in some time for it here and there ::wink I only have myself to blame for this state of affairs, so I have to fix it myself.

Might be a bit more posting later today after I get a bit of a nap; see you all soon!

Please welcome Cottus Centimane's new Cobra character, Sgt Lorelai 'Brick House' Yevtushenko! I'll try to have the two other new PCs added as soon as possible.

Phoenix, Sarah would have known Bunko, so she should be a bit upset, as well as Lorelai (aka 'House') and Master Sergeant Pauline 'Exterminating Angel' McDermott, who just showed up and has probably led you on a mission once or twice. And everyone appearing in that post would have heard Kelso's emergency channel broadcast.

Sorry about the long, corny description of Lorelai, but I figured a mega-appearance of 5 deserved at least one attempt at IC description. "Attempt" being the operative word there.

Plus now I'm realizing I didn't describe what she actually looks like (yeah, I know, I suck). So for the record, House looks very distinctly like she comes from Eastern or maybe Northern Europe. She's really American, but her family comes from Belaruse. She has dark brown, almost black hair, soft brown eyes, defined cheek bones, pillow-soft lips, narrow waste, wide hips, and huge... uh ::unsure ... well you get the idea. ::blush

Hey, they don't call her 'Brick House' for nothin' yanno? ::ultracool

(Ow! She's a Brick... House!, she's mighty mighty, just lettin' it all hang out! Shake it down, shake it down now, shake it shake it!! ::wub ::pimpin )

Sing this song around her at your own peril... jus' sayin'. ::indifferent ::wink

Sorry about the long, corny description of Lorelai, but I figured a mega-appearance of 5 deserved at least one attempt at IC description. "Attempt" being the operative word there.

Plus now I'm realizing I didn't describe what she actually looks like (yeah, I know, I suck). So for the record, House looks very distinctly like she comes from Eastern or maybe Northern Europe. She's really American, but her family comes from Belaruse. She has dark brown, almost black hair, soft brown eyes, defined cheek bones, pillow-soft lips, narrow waste, wide hips, and huge... uh ::unsure ... well you get the idea. ::blush

Hey, they don't call her 'Brick House' for nothin' yanno? ::ultracool

(Ow! She's a Brick... House!, she's mighty mighty, just lettin' it all hang out! Shake it down, shake it down now, shake it shake it!! ::wub ::pimpin )

Sing this song around her at your own peril... jus' sayin'. ::indifferent ::wink

Heh, no you're fine, dude, good intro post, something you do well. Actually you should change her rank from 'SSO' to just 'Sgt', since we no longer use the original term after we cleaned up the rank system with the relaunch. She would simply be referred to as 'Sgt Lorelai Yevtushenko, 3rd Special Operations Battalion', 'meat' by her superiors and 'Ooh, sexy mama!' by everyone else.

If you do the edit (I can just change the rank if you want) you should maybe describe such things as her gear, outfit and any signs of taint, or you can just add those into your next post, just to help us visualize her a bit more.

"If you could give me a lift I'd really appreciate it! McDermott's right about how slow I am, I can't really get up past twenty-five miles an hour..."

I've PMed Heritage for confirmation on how he's running TK in his game, but if it's the standard rules (as I understand them) then Emerald can only TK objects at 12 kph... & she certainly can't lift half a ton without her TK. If, on the other hand, she can use TK as a 'tow rope' in this game, then there'll be no problem.

I think you'd all be better off just running away, say, back down into the base and then into the new tunnel. Let them fight their way into the base and then blow it up. I think that's Star Trek 3 but so what.

This might work in theory, but Kapriski has just rigged Bravo to explode ::ohmy

It would actually be kinda funny if Exterminating Angel got to the valley, and no one followed her ::tongue

I'm trying to fight off the beginnings of a nasty chest cold, so I'm gonna read up on TK and post tomorrow night, when I'm hopefully feeling better ::sad

This might work in theory, but Kapriski has just rigged Bravo to explode ::ohmy
It would work in practice, too - if they knew she just rigged it. Since Judy doesn't have telepathy (nor, I think, does anyone else) there's no way to let them know, or for them to ask her to change the timers. I just hope the internal layout of Bravo (I admit, I didn't look at the maps first) doesn't put the evacuees at risk.

Shoot, which base is the tunnel leaving from again? ::confused I'm all turned around. The Greens have four bases or so, right?

It's leaving from Warpstation Bravo.

X-4 has (if I understand correctly) been abandoned because Jubersky is about to blow it up against his will.

8th Battalion HQ is where Havoc, Rourke and the kids, and most of the X-4 crew are currently hanging out.

And I'm not sure if we've gotten a rundown on what's happening at the other bases...

Edit: oh yeah, Griffin is still at X-4, currently on his way up to the Observation Post (right?).

It would work in practice, too - if they knew she just rigged it. Since Judy doesn't have telepathy (nor, I think, does anyone else) there's no way to let them know, or for them to ask her to change the timers. I just hope the internal layout of Bravo (I admit, I didn't look at the maps first) doesn't put the evacuees at risk.

Shoot, which base is the tunnel leaving from again? ::confused I'm all turned around. The Greens have four bases or so, right?

It's leaving from Warpstation Bravo.

X-4 has (if I understand correctly) been abandoned because Jubersky is about to blow it up against his will.

8th Battalion HQ is where Havoc, Rourke and the kids, and most of the X-4 crew are currently hanging out.

And I'm not sure if we've gotten a rundown on what's happening at the other bases...

Edit: oh yeah, Griffin is still at X-4, currently on his way up to the Observation Post (right?).

Everything CC just said is true ::smile

There are actually thirty widely-known Green bases (and also the Scouts' mysterious hidden 'Mt. Doom') spread in a sort of gentle arc that starts in southwestern Washington state, goes north towards the Canadian border, and then goes more or less due east to the Columbia River and the Colville National Forest. This number does not include the many sympathetic Green towns and impromptu settlements scattered throughout the same area, which maybe add close to another hundred pockets of Green activity. We have only focused on a relatively small area in the far south of 'Greenland', and there have been messages that indicated damn near the entire network is under attack, but of course details are sketchy, and maybe I haven't always been clear ::blush

I'm sorry to say I'm still feeling crappy, and since I have a lot of training to do at work tomorrow, I'm hitting the hay early again; I'm hoping to feel better, and most importantly have more creative energy, tomorrow night, so I can bang out a bunch of posts in all the games I'm involved in.

Later, all!

I've PMed Heritage for confirmation on how he's running TK in his game, but if it's the standard rules (as I understand them) then Emerald can only TK objects at 12 kph... & she certainly can't lift half a ton without her TK. If, on the other hand, she can use TK as a 'tow rope' in this game, then there'll be no problem.

I'm a little on the slow and stupid side, so I didn't think of this until just now (only took me two days...). House has Attunement 5, meaning she can attune over 220 lbs. and, as I understand it, that means that she can impart the benefits (and drawbacks) of her DI power to Emerald. This should give Emerald enough mega-strength to physically carry House if her TK isn't enough. For that matter, she could also decrease the local G-field until she only weighed as much as a normal person, if only temorarily.

So, one way or the other, we should be able to make this situation work just fine.

Just a word of warning and an apology in advance, Cottus: I just know I'm not going to be able to keep as much constant focus on your character throughout the game as I should. I'll forget it, and if I don't forget it it'll get old and boring. I'll try to do my best in giving you the kind of male response you need to get what you're after - while at the same time actually focusing on other sides of the story as well - but I know I'm going to mess up at some point. Just so you know. ::smile

Just a word of warning and an apology in advance, Cottus: I just know I'm not going to be able to keep as much constant focus on your character throughout the game as I should. I'll forget it, and if I don't forget it it'll get old and boring. I'll try to do my best in giving you the kind of male response you need to get what you're after - while at the same time actually focusing on other sides of the story as well - but I know I'm going to mess up at some point. Just so you know. ::smile

Don't even sweat it, my man. It actually would get pretty old pretty quick if every guy was constantly drooling over her (even though they would be in RL). I took it because I wanted to create a character that was more or less "godlike" in a few highly defined areas (in her case mega-app and str, and sorta in soak), but more or less normal in most others areas and actually handicapped in the few remaining ones (high taint, and the aberrations that come with it). But I didn't want her "godlike" stats to all be combat ones, because I felt that would get somewhat boring in short order. So instead I balanced it out by giving her high mega-app (which has almost no application in a war setting), and that leaves her with phenominal strength, gravity control, and high soak, but otherwise normal or only slightly enhanced statistics.

On a related note, her statistical average for all Appearance-based Seduction rolls is 12.1 successes, which makes me really glad I didn't take the Heartthrob aberration like I originally intended to. ::unsure

Hey, real quick:

Heritage, Dub-S Bravo is listed as being under Lookout Mountain, but as near as I can tell that's about 25.5 miles due south of the border from Washington, and just outside the Mount Hood National Forest in northern Oregon. Is that correct, because I was under the impression that the entire Green Machine was within the borders of Washington?

I'm a little on the slow and stupid side, so I didn't think of this until just now (only took me two days...). House has Attunement 5, meaning she can attune over 220 lbs. and, as I understand it, that means that she can impart the benefits (and drawbacks) of her DI power to Emerald. This should give Emerald enough mega-strength to physically carry House if her TK isn't enough. For that matter, she could also decrease the local G-field until she only weighed as much as a normal person, if only temorarily.

So, one way or the other, we should be able to make this situation work just fine.

Im a bit confused on the Attunement issue...I know it says you can use it for force field, but then BcAugust told me I couldnt use Attunement to take someone with me during a teleport...something else I thought it could do.

My understanding was that you could bodymorph people with you, use hypermove, telport and that sort of thing, only so long as you are touching it...is that correct?

Oh and BTW, grav conrol does say its effects can be pinpointed to specific people/objects, so for the price of keeping a maintenance power, Lori can actually weigh normal...something to keep in mind for those trying to get nekki...er romantic...

I have this creepy image of a shot with some dude making out with Lori and then her scary dactyl hands come up and run through his hair... ::scared

::laugh

As per the APG Attunement should cause anyone House attunes to increase in density (and therefore strength) in the same way that Figment attuning the bomb in the Attunement flavor text caused its density to drop. So I would think that it would work just fine.

Also, Lori doesn't have scary dactyl hands, they look completely normal. On the other hand, her body temperature is 118.6 F which would definitely make it uncomfortable to make out with her unless you're a nova with Armor or mega-stamina, or Inv: heat, or maybe just a high tolerance for pain.

As per the APG Attunement should cause anyone House attunes to increase in density (and therefore strength) in the same way that Figment attuning the bomb in the Attunement flavor text caused its density to drop. So I would think that it would work just fine.

Also, Lori doesn't have scary dactyl hands, they look completely normal. On the other hand, her body temperature is 118.6 F which would definitely make it uncomfortable to make out with her unless you're a nova with Armor or mega-stamina, or Inv: heat, or maybe just a high tolerance for pain.

So she's a literal hottie?! ::laugh

What's weird is that the more you describe your character, the more I think she's a perfect match for Rourke! ::biggrin He's actually more than able handle pretty much all her aberrations.

So she's a literal hottie?! ::laugh

What's weird is that the more you describe your character, the more I think she's a perfect match for Rourke! ::biggrin He's actually more than able handle pretty much all her aberrations.

LOL! Yeah, she's a literal hottie. ::biggrin

If you count her Black Thumb aberration then she's a "radiant" beauty as well. ::tongue

And Rourke is more than welcome to flirt. Lori is currently very single (kind of hard to get a guy when you're a former Scout amongst Cobras, you bleed soft radiation, and are painfully hot to the touch).

Edit: Oh and don't forget the fact that she can beat any potential suitor at arm-wrestling (without actually trying), that sort of thing tends to be bad for the male ego.

That's pretty smart - you can't use Attunement to just share your 'base' Mega-Strength (if any) but, as you point out, you could use it to share your Density Control - Increase (with the Extreme Density Extra I'm guessing from the description, right? Mega-Strength 6 is such a temptation... ::sly ).

Im a bit confused on the Attunement issue...I know it says you can use it for force field, but then BcAugust told me I couldnt use Attunement to take someone with me during a teleport...something else I thought it could do.

You can use Attunement to Teleport stuff with you - otherwise everyone with Teleport world always arrive nekkid! ::blush In fact, that sort of thing is exactly what Attunement is for. Generally Attunement makes the Attuned [whatever] count as 'part of the Attuning Nova's body' for power purposes - it doesn't grant powers as such, but shares the effects. So, for example, if you can Bodymorph into water, then whatever you're touching which is Attuned to you becomes water as well when you do so. If you have Sizemorph [shrink] then whatever you've got Attuned & are touching shrinks with you... what you can't do is pull a Hank Pym & shrink other stuff whilst staying full sized yourself - Attunement spreads the wealth, & doesn't pass the torch.

The real issue with CC's idea, as far as I can tell, is his character's aberrations, combined with Emerald's lack of Cobra-ness... If Emerald drops her Force Field so that the two of them can touch (& House can Attune her) then that nasty heat thing will do nasty stuff to poor Halle. Halle does have a single dot in Mega-Stamina, but that's mostly so she can have the Adaptability Enhancement (which goes with the whole Force Field thing she's got going on) - without the Force Field her Soak is rather naff... Still they're not the only two flying Novas in the area, right? ::unsure

Archived