Aberrant: Prometheans Unbound - The NoLK Discussion Thread

Blue Thunder

Yes. The first level doubles the soak gained from Mega-Stamina, the second level doubles the soak gained from the nova's base Stamina. It's actually pretty handy.
Only at high levels of Mega-Stamina. Armor works better for most characters.

Mega-Stamina 3

Res (1) => +3/+2 (5 points of soak)

Res (2) => +5/+2 (7 points of soak)

Total: +8/+4 (total of 12 points of soak)

Nova Point Cost: 6

Exp Cost: 10

Armor (1) => +3/+3 (6 points of soak)

Armor (2) => +3/+3 (6 points of soak)

Total: +6/+6 (but could shift this to +8/+4 with ST permission, but again that's 12)

Nova Point Cost: 6

Exp Cost: 11

So at Mega-Stamina 3 they're pretty much the same. Below M-Stam 3 Armor is better, above M-Stam 3 Res is better... however it does have the flaw that normally what people need is lethal soak, and it doesn't give much.

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leiko, being an artist with little fame outside of anime circles, could be found with an OpNet search fairly easily, and probably even some comments from her about the superiority of novas - a viewpoint she agreed with before her eruption, and can't help but back up after it as well. As far as actually linking her to the Teragen, there's nothing of that - she's been a very quiet member. She wouldn't be good at standing up before a camera - but when you need someone for those backroom negotiations, Mega-Manipulation of 4 comes in damn handy. ::laugh

The last I heard from BT was 3 days ago and I am just waiting on the approval of the semi-final draft and to work out the last few bugs we discovered, so any time now.

I think he has just been busy with RL stuff and will join us here again soon....

Patience, young master Shade... ::closedeyes

Sorry I've been gone for 3 days (!) but I got a copy of Final Fantasy 12. Damn game...

Anyway. Archer has left because of RL issues. That's alright; RL is more important. And I still haven't heard from Fox at all. I'm going to PM him/her over at N!Prime to see if s/he's still with us or has time to play. So that means we have either 7 or 8 players, which will be a bit more manageable for me.

Game start won't happen today, obviously, but soon. Probably not this weekend either (I'm usually busy weekends), so I'd say Monday or Tuesday? Sounds good to me.

One quick question: Cyberkinesis implies that your dots in Computers add to your roll. I would like to know now whether or not they will be added, because I don't remember if I annotated that in my e-mail.

I read over the power again, and I didn't see that implied anywhere. Where did you read this? I would have to say no to it though, since that would give Cyberkinesis an unfair dice pool. That would be like adding Science to a Molecular Manpulation roll.

Fox has said they wanted to join our Trinity game also, along with bringing along some of their friends. However this person has been completely flaky to us in that regard (despite answering one of my emails once with a "yes Im playing") so Fox...if youre reading this....be upfront about whether or not you *actually* will commit to playing and posting or let us know otherwise.

Incidentally....

Blue Thunder or any others....care to join our Trinity game? BN did a bunch of work on it and right now Im the only player. Im sure we could get Ithurial back when things pick up, so we need 1, preferably 2 more people to join in the fun...

I read over the power again, and I didn't see that implied anywhere. Where did you read this? I would have to say no to it though, since that would give Cyberkinesis an unfair dice pool. That would be like adding Science to a Molecular Manpulation roll.
::indifferent I re-read it myself. Apparently I didn't realize it was a house rule from the tabletop game I play in that allows you to add Computers to CyberK, Hypnosis (ability) to Hypnosis (power), Animal Training to Animal Mastery, etc. Sorry for any confusion that caused.

Actually, the hypnosis skill lets it apply to the power...or maybe just the enhancement...but it does one of them...personally I think its cool to let applicable skills apply...science letting you know how to do more stuff with molecular manipulation sounds right...moreso than an unskilled user...but hey, whatever works...

Just in case anyone's interested, I added a picture of James in Meet the Characters. It's kind of a rush job, so it's not the best I've ever done, but it came out pretty good nonetheless. James doesn't normally look that intense or serious, but since he's using his q-bolt in the pic, which is his big offensive power, I figured he should have an intense and serious look. Anywho, I hope everyone likes it. ::blush

Yeah, Cottus is an amazing artist....He showed me the full version of his avatar. Please help me encourage him to post up more of his work in the community forum...I keep telling him he needs to pursue his art professionally...

Go Cottus.

He's not a bad roleplayer either... ::wink

Ok Sky, thanks for finally gracing us with that monster F'ing post. Nice work man. I don't even want to play anymore you've done so much work. Holy hannibal lector.,,

LOL! I know its practically a pamphlet! I was inspired ok?!?!!!! ::tongue

And dont leave...we want Roach to play with us!

OK gang! BT has given the word!

Prometheans Unbound begins tommorow!!!

Hey, I see you guys online! I put up the Prologue, people. Play has started! Glory be to me! *praises self*

Also, I'm not expecting much posting this week from any players in the US, what with Thanksgiving and all. I'm not going to ride you guys about slow posting either (as long as you don't ride me about it), as long as you try to keep pace with the rest of the group in your thread and stuff. Remember that RL is always more important, so don't feel obligated to post when you've got schoolwork or whatever to do.

its good if its slow for the next week as I am finally moving my stuff and working alot

Also, I posted Green for Envy's speech and blue for his thoughts.....I didnt like BT assigning us colors since usually its always been first come first served with colors but If anyone has issues with these colors I can edit them....come to think of it, his thoughts should be orange...

also!! Since someone brought it up I thought best to clarify...Even though I revealed OOC in the PC thread that Zia misunderstood, IC as far as anyone knows, Envy *did* come back from Taint 10 (as opposed to just stopping at 9 and regressing), making him a walking Miracle (Marvel). Im not saying anyone is supposed to, you know, worship him or anything, but it is the reason behind his Pantheon level status in the Teragen. His arrival made huge waves, especially rocky ones with the Harvesters, Primacy and the Pandaimonion.

Shouldn't you use two different colors for being Green with Envy? ::tongue

I see you caught onto my little theme there! ::happy But seriously...what do you mean? that I should use two shades of green? I thought about that but its better for thoughts and speech to be distinct to avoid casual confusion...

Seriously BT...awesome stuff....The opnet aim conversation was hilarious and you captured Leviathan perfectly.

To Everyone else also: Is it just me or does this game feel somehow special? Everyone has brought such quality to the table. Im pretty blown away and were only 2 pages into the prologue...

Ultra-Kickass! ::thumbup1

OOCly: in case anyone is confused or wondering what James is talking about, he's speaking about the fact that large, multi-national corporations can and do buy, sell, and trade small countries every day. And even larger nations are subject to the pressures that corporations, some of whom make enough money per year to pay off a significant portion of most countries' national debt, can put on them. It's because of corporations that the world is supposedly shrinking and coming closer together. Countries, by their very nature, divide and seperate (and not always in a bad way), they don't normally bring different peoples or cultures together. Corporations, which survive through commerce and trade, bring as many cultures together as they can, not for altruistic purposes, but because that's good business. This is what James is talking about. His idea may not be the best idea or the most well thought-out or even a particularly good one, but now you know (if you didn't already) what he's thinking and can agree or disagree as your characters please.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled posting,

Thank you, and have a nice day. ::happy

He nods at Lieko and walks over to the bar, looking for a good piece of liquid refreshment for the woman. He quickly makes it back to his place at the table, and hands the bottle to her.
If we get XP for living up to our Natures, I'd like to use this as justification to get mine for the Prologue. ::biggrin

Divis held his arms out as he spoke, as if giving a sermon. "Become the parents, the teachers, the messiahs. Have them fear you, have them respect you, have them worship you. When they bow before you, know that you are above them. When they seek your guidance, give it to them as they need it. And when they take a knife to you...and they will...do not hesitate to strike them down. And when they beg for your forgiveness, give it to them if they truly deserve it. Be the true Prometheans, the ones that would bring down the flame and enlighten the blind, but also become the judges, the ones that would determine who is weak and who is strong.

Whoah. Whoah. Whoah.

Whoah.

Divis Mal has arms? ::blink

Archived