Aberrant: Prometheans Unbound - The NoLK Discussion Thread

Blue Thunder

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that the New Prometheans as a whole should have bigger things on their plate."

Just a side note: It should be the Prometheans, named after the god.....The New Prometheus was the name of a book (IIRC?) and the real name of Dr. Frankenstein's monster....not the image I think we are going for...

And....well done BT! Im sure Divis must be used to stunned silence...he probably did us a favor by just leaving...

Anyways Im finally caught up with the reading (only missed a day! Sheesh!)

So I can post when I get to work...

Just a side note: It should be the Prometheans, named after the god.....The New Prometheus was the name of a book (IIRC?) and the real name of Dr. Frankenstein's monster....not the image I think we are going for...

Oh yeah! ::laugh I remember now that The New Prometheus was the auxiliary title of Frankenstein, which is how it made it into my head.. Just ignore that, if you will. ::rolleyes ::wacko

Ack! So my post was too long, and I almost lost it...had to post it in parts and now I can't edit out the typos...so please excuse the rushed post as I had a last minute booking and just had to make do or lose the whole thing...there is a way for me to clean it up later, but in the meantime just use your imagination to pretend there are no typos...

Thank You! ::happy

And BT....Whoa man! Dropping Divis on our erupted asses....way to go...excellent use of his "voice" Most unexpected and most appreciated! Blue Thunder for President! ::laugh

I'm enjoying Roach's dialogue, possibly a little too much. ::biggrin

I keep expecting him to say something like "Oh I understand now! We're all members of the Teragen! ::blush

Hey, he's not a total monster just yet...besides he's not very smart so....

I do appreciate the compliments...if they were sincere.

I'm definitely being sincere - if I didn't like your character, I wouldn't be making fun of him. And actually, there's not a player at this table who hasn't impressed me so far.

Edit: Well, maybe SkyLion. He totally slacked off during chargen. ::wink

Yeah I agree with that. I wish sky would have put in a little effort, the rest of us did. His characters are always basic, dull and boring.

He has a 2 INT right? Thats average, not neccesarily stupid (and Roach has had some great insightful comments...) though with what passes for average these days... ::glare
I like Roach too... actually I've been impressed with everyone.

RE: Int 2

All of the stats cover a fair range. Int 1 would be barely functioning (or less).

Yeah I agree with that. I wish sky would have put in a little effort, the rest of us did. His characters are always basic, dull and boring.

Thanks for the kick in the pants Shade...I'll try harder now, just for you!

Seriously though...Thanks guys for the compliments (I think...)

Roach is funny...

He has a 2 INT right? Thats average, not neccesarily stupid (and Roach has had some great insightful comments...) though with what passes for average these days... ::glare

He's not a dim wit...just not razor sharp. Plus he doesn't have much knowledge of Teragen nor any Nova stuff for that matter. That is why he's a bit off. As for the insightful comments, if you notice, they are more like observations...he's no yoda. He just talks about the basics ( what he's comfortable with ) and it appears wise.

I love him so far and thanks to all for the compliments and all you're great RP'ing this far. Lets keep it up!

Im not sure why people are leaving already....I PMed Phoenix and he says that its just when King Cobra would go but I reminded him (and now you all) that the first meeting of the teragen roundtable took three days before they were finished debating...weve been going for what? an hour? As far as Envy is concerned we have barely scratched the surface, or come to a clear consensus on what our goals and methods will be...Ima go say so ICly right now...

Im not sure why people are leaving already....I PMed Phoenix and he says that its just when King Cobra would go but I reminded him (and now you all) that the first meeting of the teragen roundtable took three days before they were finished debating...weve been going for what? an hour? As far as Envy is concerned we have barely scratched the surface, or come to a clear consensus on what our goals and methods will be...Ima go say so ICly right now...
The first meeting they had more to argue about. We were/are all in agreement that we want to form a new click before we came here.

Do you want to start a new thread for just Envy & Bob?

The first meeting they had more to argue about. We were/are all in agreement that we want to form a new click before we came here.

Do you want to start a new thread for just Envy & Bob?

Depends...its still part of the prologue so why dont we just wait til the meeting breaks up...

Hey, I'm still here!

yep! I know...Im posting now to hopefully keep things going a bit longer...

Well we have only been talking for like an hour maybe...I just had Envy recap so lets see if that takes us anywhere...

To be honest, James is about done. Unless something highly specific or entirely new and interesting comes up, then he's just about ready to go. His Portent + Explorer combo makes it difficult for him to just sit in one place for longer than seems necassary, and everyone's more or less reached an agreement and is willing to work out the specifics as they go along (or at least that's the vibe I got). But if everyone else wants to carry on, then I suppose I'm game for a bit more posting.

Toss it to him.

This is a tricky one. By game mechanics definition it is technically possible, but the IC way is that it is touching...so theoretically as long as the stuff was touching envy's body and still quantumly connected with Jack, Jack is probably getting jacked...

Its BT's call....

No no! By all means...go ahead and try. This'll be fun. And perhaps messy.

Actually, I'll have to say it would be a bad idea. Even outside of game mechanics, there's the character concept of Envy to consider; the drawback of his abilities is that he cannot make physical contact with others.

Looks like a cell phone'll come in handy.

No member of Team Tomorrow has ever become a Terat before.

::confused

What about Saxon?

And I guess that makes it a good time to re-ask about the events in the WorldWide series...Was Portman president? Did Elites try and take over Ukraine? Perhaps you could make us an updated timeline for your chronicle BT?

Yeah, poor Saxon wasn't even supposed to survive his little torture. Deloremier set him free because he was scared Saxon knew that he gave away Fong's location to Utopia. Saxon was captured by Utopia after he escaped anyway. He probably got skewered in Bahrain.
Saxon ended up in Bahrain... or dead... not because he got beat up by Terats but because he was a sexual serial killer. That 6th dot of taint can be a real problem. At a guess he probably had lots of node.

As for the Worldwide events...I'm going with how the book generally sets things up, in regards to the effects of events. Here goes:

Storyteller's Screen

Permanent Vacation - Zip was rescued and survived, but went to Utopia. Charlotte Holden becomes an Aberrant, but still forms a relationship with Orzaiz, and they are still together by 2016. The world believes Holden is dead.

Worldwide: Phase 1

Strange Bedfellows - Portman wins the election, but he also wins re-election in 2012. He's still President of the United States until the 2016 election when someone else must be elected.

The Apostasy - Antaeus doesn't ally with any organization or movement. He remains independant and continues to perform the same work he wanted to do, but at his own pace. Marabout Aga erupts during the meeting, and later decides to join Utopia.

Gabriel - Melchior is killed, and he doesn't send plagues upon the world. Blackout, Heavy, and Leo were members of the Teragen Liberation Team (they're Nova Vigilance Terats).

Into the Arms of the Angel of Wrath - The Teragen/Aberrant alliance ends soon after the truth of the Slider murder is revealed. Andre Corbin survives at Bahrain, Caestus Pax gets bitchslapped by Divis Mal, and the Teragen breaks into Bahrain and escapes with novas, Caroline Fong included. Fong is still trapped in Chrysalis.

Denouement - The Aberrants present evidence to the World Court pointing out Chiraben as Slider's murderer, and evidence linking Utopia to Melchior and several other events. A secret cabal within Utopia is revealed to be responsible (the name "Proteus" is never revealed, and Thetis remains safe).

Worldwide: Phase 2

The Pope of Babylon - The Pope is safe, and a purge is started within the Vatican to deal with the extremists in Opus Dei.

A Green and Pleasant Land - London's tube system is not destroyed, Anningsley is taken into custody, and Mayhew is not implicated.

Dominion - The Ukraine is not taken over by novas, thanks in large part to Terats (tipped off by The Mathematician) and other unaffiliated novas that respond to the conflict. Impaler remains at large and unaccounted for.

Where Heaven Ends - Sunbolt, Angel of Bones, Ragnarockette, and Orzaiz all survive. The Directive tests its KEI satellite weapon on Ibiza. Turncoat eventually gains dominance over Lourte and returns to the Teragen.

Hey cats! Just a check in since the conversation slowed for a minute. Ive just been super busy and w/o easy net access. Im getting my DSL at my new address turned on monday and then I have to get a jack wired somehow. Does anyone know what you need to attach a jack to a wire that is sticking out of your baseboard?

Anyways, I have an idea I want Envy to express, but it doesn't feel complete yet. IC it will be soon, but sometimes I really have to think things out for a Mega-Int character, so I don't end up saying something silly. I'll PM my idea to BT later since my character knows more than I do...

Archived