Trinity RPG - Trinity ST Handbook released...

Ian Watson

Note: The following ebook is being done by Continuing the Continuum, not by EON. Lest there be any confusion.

The Trinity Storytellers Handbook is taking a long time to finish. Far longer than I thought.

So rather than keep everyone in suspense indefinitely, I'm just going to release the parts as they're finished. Hopefully this should keep some of you interested, and maybe encourage faster completion of yet-unfinished chapters. ;)

Keep in mind that content may change as chapters are released. See the Downloads section for the files, and discuss everything in our forums.

I'm in the middle of packing up for a move in the next couple of weeks, so the computer with all the files is currently inaccessible. Once I've got it unpacked, there will be more to see, and the current files will be updated somewhat. When the whole thing's complete, I'll make a single file for the whole book.

Until then, I've got Chapter 0 (fiction, introduction) and Chapter 3 (Aberrants) online. Go crazy.

Wow, just scanning through chapter 3...it's awesome! Sure people always say that, but I really mean it, publisheable quality. What little I've read is all good writing (as opposed to poorly written good ideas, which can happen with e-books due to poor editing / writers sticking to their guns vis-a-vis the "nazi editor") I also like the fact that you don't give answers that would stiffle Storyteller imagination.

Anyway, seems excellent at the first glance. I'm looking forward to seeing the whole thing.

::thumbup

Haven't had a chance to give these a good read as of yet, but I will say that the formatting looks lovely, Ian. There's a few things I noted in Ch. 3 that need fixing -- a sidebar that didn't get sidebarred, a table that wound up split over a page break, etc. -- but other than that, quite nice.

OK, have been reading Ch. 3. Very nice concepts and writing.

That said, it definitely needs to be edited for spelling and the like (and for some reason, the long hyphens all got nudged way up to the top of the text rows).

Also, one particularly item from page 10, second column, second paragraph: "The first and second generations are easier to com-prehend." I'm pretty sure that, given the preceeding paragraph, you meant to say "...first and third generations..." instead.

Looks great!

One note, I was looking through chapter 3 and noticed a couple places where there where brackets indicating the start and end of a sidebar or a table and the actual sidebar or table hadn't been rendered, just a tag to indicated 'do it here'.

Which Jessi mentioned above. (:

I've only read the chapter 3 so far, but it looks great! It already has new ideas spawning in my mind... ::devil

And I really like the character sheet too. It solves many space problems. The only thing I might change a weensy-bit is the line spacing on the equipment page, so I could cram in more stuff. There's already plenty of room for armor and weapons, but some of the PCs in my game (and a couple npcs too) are getting paranoid about not having the right equipment on hand. I try to get them to be less reliant on it, but well, I'm meandering off-topic, aren't I? Still, it's great. Please don't take it as any major criticism. I know what DTP is like.

A question for you though: You put in room for four Aptitude Modes. Maybe I missed something in a book somewhere, but when has this ever happened? I mean, I've thought of it myself, but mostly tried to keep to the 3-mode scheme. I'm also hoping that that and all the Aux-mode space doesn't give my players feelings of character-inadequacy. ::tongue

Good stuff though. I look forward to more!

And I really like the character sheet too. It solves many space problems. The only thing I might change a weensy-bit is the line spacing on the equipment page, so I could cram in more stuff.

Sure. There were some spacing issues throughout the sheet, but were mostly minor. I'll try and have everything nice and standard throughout for the next version.

A question for you though: You put in room for four Aptitude Modes. Maybe I missed something in a book somewhere, but when has this ever happened?

Read the TSH outline. (:

Old, old joke....

Someone started a topic in the WW forums reading: WTF? Divis Mal is Gay? It was....homophobic to say the least. Due to the obviousness of Divis' orientation, and to pun off that, someone started a topic: WTF? Divis Mal Has Arms?

To those in the know, it's definitely a bad, but fun, in-joke...

FR

Due to the obviousness of Divis' orientation, and to pun off that, someone started a topic: WTF? Divis Mal Has Arms?

Well that, and it was also a joke on how if you look at his picture on the front cover of the Aberrant core book, he's got his arms folded in such a way that it kind of looks like they end at the elbows. ::laugh

• 10 months later...

Archived