Aberrant: Trans-Dimensional Explorations - Trans-Dimensional Explorations

BlueNinja

Paul walks up to the information desk and gives them a big smile and says,

“Hello there. The Defender of Justice just dropped us off” *That’s right, always name drop when you can*. “We just arrived into your fine city” *whose name we still don’t know* “and were hoping to get a map of the area and some directions to some local sights to see and restaurants and the like. Oh, and a day’s wage as well. In payment I’m an *what’s that word again?* “Empowered Healer so I though you could put me to work for a few hours.”

The Italian-looking woman behind the desk scowls at you. "Yeah, I could see just fine that you're probably some other scum-sucking parasite trying to leech off that poor man! Like he doesn't have enough to worry about, helping the police keep this city safe from every thug with a loud voice! You're really an Empowered, prove it - Mrs. Kimble!" An overweight white lady turns in the lobby, and shuffles over towards the information desk. "This guy just walked in here claiming to be an Empowered healer. You mind letting him take a look?"
Ash waves slightly as the defender of justice leaves. He follows after Paul, letting everything sink in slightly when Paul drops the E-bomb (empowered). He pays particular interest to how everyone around reacts to that one...
Well, several people in the lobby turn to look - and even more turn to look when the Italian (nurse? administrator? you're not sure from her clothes) starts shouting. You're feeling a little uneasy - not physical danger, but maybe you should watch carefully what you say here.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After hearing the update on Ash and Paul, Esteban seems annoyed.

"I guess they are having all the fun this time around. I don't know about the rest of you but I am not getting paid to hide out in the desert. While they are following leads in Illinois, we should be looking elsewhere, especially as we have *two* space manipulating teammates with us. Mask, we'll need you with us to keep both groups in contact. Zhenglai, may I suggest you back up Ash and Paul. I am certain your abilities will help them find what they need."

"In the meantime, most of us speak Spanish. Why not head over to Europe and see what we can find on the Thirty Years War."

After hearing the update on Ash and Paul, Esteban seems annoyed.

"I guess they are having all the fun this time around. I don't know about the rest of you but I am not getting paid to hide out in the desert. While they are following leads in Illinois, we should be looking elsewhere, especially as we have *two* space manipulating teammates with us. Mask, we'll need you with us to keep both groups in contact. Zhenglai, may I suggest you back up Ash and Paul. I am certain your abilities will help them find what they need."

"In the meantime, most of us speak Spanish. Why not head over to Europe and see what we can find on the Thirty Years War."

Zhenglai spoke up and said, "If that is acceptable to Jonathan, then I would be happy to travel to Paul and Ash's location."

The Italian-looking woman behind the desk scowls at you. "Yeah, I could see just fine that you're probably some other scum-sucking parasite trying to leech off that poor man! Like he doesn't have enough to worry about, helping the police keep this city safe from every thug with a loud voice! You're really an Empowered, prove it - Mrs. Kimble!" An overweight white lady turns in the lobby, and shuffles over towards the information desk. "This guy just walked in here claiming to be an Empowered healer. You mind letting him take a look?"
Paul looks from one lady to the other and says,

"Prove it? I be happy to.."

Paul shifts his eufiber from the blue/red/white outfit he was wearing into something more like what the nurses are wearing.

(To Ash over the link) *Bet they get a lot of that, people walking in and claiming to be empowed. Of course it's also possible eufiber grows on trees hear about.*

(Paul continues to rotate the link)

Paul looks from one lady to the other and says,

"Prove it? I be happy to.."

Paul shifts his eufiber from the blue/red/white outfit he was wearing into something more like what the nurses are wearing.

Several people start to talk amongst themselves as Paul's outfit changes. But the real surprise (to Paul at least) is that his healing power ... doesn't do anything. At all. As far as Paul can tell, there's not a damn thing wrong with the woman.

Zhenglai bowed his head and said, "Very well" , before turning to the Obsidian Mask and asking, "Would you mind forwarding our plan to Mr. Blue and Phoenix and see if they have any objections?"

((If Paul or Ash say anything that objects to the plan of Zhenglai and Jonathan joining them then ignore the next part.))

Once The Mask had forwarded the message and confirmation had been recieved Zhenglai focused his mind, removing the illusion of distance and space and seeing things as they were - all one and all connected. In front of him a softly glowing hole appeared in the air and he gestured for Jonathan to step through.

((Once again, if anyone comes up with a good reason for them not to go to "Chicago" then we can skip this last part. But assuming no one does I wanted to avoid having to do another post just to say that he opened a warp.))

Zhenglai bowed his head and said, "Very well" , before turning to the Obsidian Mask and asking, "Would you mind forwarding our plan to Mr. Blue and Phoenix and see if they have any objections?"
Paul switches the link to Zhenglai and speaks out loud, holding up his hand to show to the nurses that he's busy for the moment,

"You want to come here? Of course there's nothing to do in a desert; that was the whole point. Well, I guess I don't have any objections. We’re at some hospital. No, I just like checking out the local hospital. It’s a good place to find work and make a quick judgment about the city. Not so far. Yes, I know, it is odd."

Paul gives Zhenglai a visual target for him to warp to.

Paul frowns and says, to everyone,

"Oh very funny. There's nothing medically wrong with her."

The italian nurse grins; apparently it was a test of some kind. Probably she sicced you on the local hypochondriac.
Paul switches the link to Zhenglai and speaks out loud, holding up his hand to show to the nurses that he's busy for the moment,

"You want to come here? Of course there's nothing to do in a desert; that was the whole point. Well, I guess I don't have any objections. We’re at some hospital. No, I just like checking out the local hospital. It’s a good place to find work and make a quick judgment about the city. Not so far. Yes, I know, it is odd."

Paul gives Zhenglai a visual target for him to warp to.

The warp opens in the air, and as Zhenglai and Jonathan step through, flashbulbs are going off all over the lobby as camera and camera-phones start snapping pictures. Apparently they are as big nova-philes here as they are at Home, even if they refer to you as Empowered instead. The nurse/administrator is staring at Paul and the warp with her mouth hanging open. With an obviously shaking hand, she picks up the phone on the desk, and phones someone, before finally coming out from behind the desk. "Ah, sirs? Mr. Oxenstiern, the ER room head, would like to see those of you with the Healing gift. If you, ah, wouldn't mind following me?"

The italian nurse grins; apparently it was a test of some kind. Probably she sicced you on the local hypochondriac.
::glare
The warp opens in the air, and as Zhenglai and Jonathan step through, flashbulbs are going off all over the lobby as camera and camera-phones start snapping pictures. Apparently they are as big nova-philes here as they are at Home, even if they refer to you as Empowered instead. The nurse/administrator is staring at Paul and the warp with her mouth hanging open. With an obviously shaking hand, she picks up the phone on the desk, and phones someone, before finally coming out from behind the desk. "Ah, sirs? Mr. Oxenstiern, the ER room head, would like to see those of you with the Healing gift. If you, ah, wouldn't mind following me?"
Paul follows and mentally sends to the others,

*Well, that worked better than I thought it would. Not only are we a known factor here but we're well liked as well.*

*I'm going to follow, see if I can earn some cash, and more importantly, see if they have nova drugs and/or taint treatments here that they don't have back home.*

*So do we split up?*

* Perhaps Zhenglai and I should work on our little history project while you two do the medical research. *

Jonathan waves to Paul and Ash and says, "We'll meet back up with you two in a few hours. Don't get into too much trouble." He then turns to one of the people at the information desk and asks, "Can you tell us where the nearest library is?"

"If we go to Chicago first, we could find out what we need before we go to Spain," Theo suggested. "Passports, ID, money, stuff like that."

"I have to admit I have been wanting to visit Espana on one of these missions for some time now, perhaps visit a cafe. It would also be nice to have the European's perspective on what happened in the Americas. Will you accompany us to Europe or join Jon and Zen?"

He pauses, considering carefully before putting a hand on the Mask's shoulders. Though the other Novas can no doubt hear every word, Esteban nonetheless uses a lower voice, speaking directly to the Obsidian Mask.

"Senor...As you have put your trust in me, so have I put my trust in them," he gestures to Brandt and Theo. "Perhaps, you might feel comfortable letting your guard down? Eventually we are going to *have* to go ingognito and when things go awry we will have only each other to rely upon. It would be helpful if you could open up to us...even if you do have enemies on these other worlds, I'm sure none of us will let them get you."

"On the other hand, while we are here, it would seem Novas are popular on this world should you wish to be your more flamboyant Self!"

Speaking again to everyone.

"Id also suggest we all meet back here in the desert in a few hours, and use the portable gate to bring the starmapper through..."

The Mask considers what Esteban has suggested and agrees that he is most certainly safe within this group. Most certainly so on strange worlds.

"Well, I will agree Esteban, though I think heading to town to meet with the others may be smart. Perhaps I can research locations here with the others at the library. This will make summoning and warping much easier. I'm sure they have books on locations in Spain."

**Paul. This is the Mask, would it work ok to head to your location, so that the team can be together for this. The desert no longer seems neccessary. I need to see things at the library and such to assist with summonings. Also for warping, I can study locations on the updated globes. Any objections **

The Obsidian Mask drops his head a bit and using both his hands, lifts the shiny black glass helmet from his face. As he does, his suit begins to change an mold into more modern and common dress. Jeans, boots, leather jacket, etc.. The Mask itself begins to mold and melt back into his Eufiber suit disapeering completely.

He turns to view the party, an average looking caucasian man, sharp pointed goatee, dark black hair. He smiles to the remaining members of the party, and suggest that they join the rest of the team in Chicago.

"Well, I will agree Esteban, though I think heading to town to meet with the others may be smart. Perhaps I can research locations here with the others at the library. This will make summoning and warping much easier. I'm sure they have books on locations in Spain."

*Sigh*

"The point is to visit there...not stay cooped up in a library reading books! We have two people on that already. I'll ask Zhenglai for transport if you don't wish to go, though I was looking forward to the company...just because I want to go tracking around doesn't mean I always want to be alone you know!...Brandt? Theo? Either of you game?"

Simon turns to Esteban and for the first time, his eyebrow raising is seen by the others.

Brandt chuckles. Shaking his head in amusement, he finishes chewing down the last bite of his candy bar, then speaks.

"Provided there hasn't been any radical shifts in the continental plates, I can give you almost step-by-step directions for how to get there. Spain is one of my favorite countries to visit, and I've made that run a more than a few times." He grins at the three of them. "What do you say to Cordoba?"

* Perhaps Zhenglai and I should work on our little history project while you two do the medical research. *

Jonathan waves to Paul and Ash and says, "We'll meet back up with you two in a few hours. Don't get into too much trouble." He then turns to one of the people at the information desk and asks, "Can you tell us where the nearest library is?"

One of the other nurses/secretaries gives you directions on how to take the street train several blocks to the central public library. From the way this guy is talking about it, he must think it's more impressive than the Sistene Chapel.

Brandt chuckles. Shaking his head in amusement, he finishes chewing down the last bite of his candy bar, then speaks.

"Provided there hasn't been any radical shifts in the continental plates, I can give you almost step-by-step directions for how to get there. Spain is one of my favorite countries to visit, and I've made that run a more than a few times." He grins at the three of them. "What do you say to Cordoba?"

Simon motions to Brandt.

"Tell me the way and we're as good as there...if I don't send us to the sun or something. When the warp opens...if its hot, don't get out!!"

Simon smiles.

"Whoa, really?" Theo grinned, despite herself, then started bouncing. "Yes! I've always wanted to visit Europe!"

"Please can we go?" she begged, pressing her hands together in prayer.

Simon's Warp opens to the view of a gorgeous beach under a cloudless Mediteranean sky. There's a number of people on the beach, who start pointing and talking rapidly as you all emerge. As the Warp closes, someone comes up from behind (where the portal just vanished from) and asks, in accentless French, "Are all of you Empowered?"

(Sorry Shade, you only rolled a single success on all of those dice! But you're not too far off.)

Paul says to the nurse,

"Sure, take us to Mr. Oxenstiern."

The administrator is in a small office, overlooking the ER waiting room. Mr. Oxenstiern is a tall man, obviously of Scandinavian heritage, and looks like he would have been perfect for a basketball team a dozen years ago. He looks up from a sloppy pile of paperwork, what looks like insurance forms. "My staff at the front desk told me you were an Empowered healer looking for work, yes? I don't know if you've had any formal medical training, but we could use you for the more, ah, time-sensitive cases." He roots around in a file drawer, and hands you a form. "Could you fill this out please? For billing purposes and such."

Simon's Warp opens to the view of a gorgeous beach under a cloudless Mediteranean sky. There's a number of people on the beach, who start pointing and talking rapidly as you all emerge. As the Warp closes, someone comes up from behind (where the portal just vanished from) and asks, in accentless French, "Are all of you Empowered?"

"Is it a problem if we are?" Theo asks cautiously in French, glancing back at the speaker. Was this whole planet Nova-obsessed? And why was that person speaking French? Were they in the wrong place? All the fingerpointing was making her uneasy. "Pardon, can you tell us where we are?"

"Whoa, really?" Theo grinned, despite herself, then started bouncing. "Yes! I've always wanted to visit Europe!"

"Please can we go?" she begged, pressing her hands together in prayer.

::blink *Wow* Esteban thought, giving a surprised look at Theo.

"Why, seniorita! I don't believe I have ever seen you look so pleased!"

"Well ladies and gentlemen, we're here. Esteban, lead the way"

"Eh, actually Simon" And he pronounces the name in spanish "it would seem we took a wrong turn...Would you mind trying again? Otherwise, we'll need Theo or possibly Brandt to play translator for us..."

"Eh, actually Simon" And he pronounces the name in spanish "it would seem we took a wrong turn...Would you mind trying again? Otherwise, we'll need Theo or possibly Brandt to play translator for us..."

A look of concern comes over Simons face.

"I'm not so sure we did. Perhaps in this world, the French kept some of their holdings during wars and such. Maybe Spain is more French."

"I'm not so sure we did. Perhaps in this world, the French kept some of their holdings during wars and such. Maybe Spain is more French."
::blink "You know...I hadn't thought of that! Good point...in that case let's see what Theodora can find out..."

Esteban turns to hear the beachcombers reply.

"Is it a problem if we are?" Theo asks cautiously in French, glancing back at the speaker. Was this whole planet Nova-obsessed? And why was that person speaking French? Were they in the wrong place? All the fingerpointing was making her uneasy. "Pardon, can you tell us where we are?"
"Of course not! I am just surprised! Most of the Empowered do not go visit the vacation spots of we mere mortals, even if the beaches of Nice are particularly wonderful this November day." He smiles broadly, gesturing out at the sea. He's also dressed in some sort of uniform, with a patch on the shoulder of his short-sleeve shirt that says 'Lifeguard.' Cameras are out and pictures are being taken of the party by the other people on the beach, though no one else has had the courage to walk up to you yet.

"Of course not! I am just surprised! Most of the Empowered do not go visit the vacation spots of we mere mortals, even if the beaches of Nice are particularly wonderful this November day." He smiles broadly, gesturing out at the sea. He's also dressed in some sort of uniform, with a patch on the shoulder of his short-sleeve shirt that says 'Lifeguard.' Cameras are out and pictures are being taken of the party by the other people on the beach, though no one else has had the courage to walk up to you yet.

"Merci," Theo tells the lifeguard in French. "Your beaches are very... nice. Please excuse me, I need to talk with my companions."

"We're in Nice," Theo tells the others, turning towards them. "Do we want to stay here or try again?"

"If the location is incorrect, I can try again. I'm not quite sure what happened, maybe in error in directions and such. Maybe a tourist here has a magazine or tour book with photos I can use for reference."

Simon crosses his arms across his chest, out of habit. Quickly realizing he drops them back down and puts them in his pockets.

"Old habbits...heh."

"Do we want to stay here or try again?"

"Well," begins Esteban, "I am, quite naturally biased to visit my home. However this is your first time in Europe, and in a different timeline no less! Not a bad place to start either," he whistles, taking in the breathtaking views. "Why don't you decide on this one, Theo?"

"You know French as well?" he asks Brandt. "After all, you're the one that is going to be speed-reading all the books, no?" ::biggrin

One of the other nurses/secretaries gives you directions on how to take the street train several blocks to the central public library. From the way this guy is talking about it, he must think it's more impressive than the Sistene Chapel.

((Sorry, I missed this the first time around. ::blush ))

Zhenglai turned to Jonathan and asked, "So Jonathan, do wish to travel to the library by mundane means, or shall I open another doorway?"

Archived