Murder most foul

Nullifier

It's 1:12am on sunday in California, and I'm sitting here, all f*cked up, still trying to deal with the fact that a friend of mine, someone I've know for years, was murdered some time Friday night. I found out sometime yesterday afternoon. I'm kinda freaked out, and I just really needed to get it out somewhere, so I figured this was as good a place as any. We drank Grey Goose vodka, his favorite, in his honor, and talked about what we remembered about him, but it's still surreal, hard to believe, and yet... and yet, I knew it was going to happen, and I feel guilty for not saying anything, and guilty that I didn't know what I could say, and guilty for all the other times I've known people were going to die and I couldn't warn them, couldn't save them. Looking into the face of time sucks sometimes. What good is seeing the future if the only person you can help is yourself? I try to look at it as a dooubled edged sword, but times like this... Times like this I sometimes think it'd be nice to not see it at all, but I suppose all wounds hurt when they're fresh, and it's renewed my resolve and faith, which have been sadly lacking as of late. My new focus/talisman is bound now, finally, in sadness and death where joy and life failed to complete it before. Anyhow, now that I've fully convinced you all that I'm insane, I'll end this little rant, which in case you're wondering is 100% true and factual.

Thanks for all your support. To be honest, I was rather drunk when I wrote that post, and I'm kind of sorry to have laid this on all you. That being said, I really appreciate everyone's concern and support. ::bigsmile We're all coping a bit better now that we've had a chance to mourn and think about it and such. Hopefully the cops will find whomever did this and bring them to justice. I'll keep you guys updated about the case as I find out about it, if you'd like... ::unsure

Archived