Aberrant: War Journal - War Journal OOC

Heritage

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Okay, here's the deal.

Remember before the 'Crash of '05' when I had a thread about how I thought the only way to save my campaign world was to combine the two games?

Bollocks.

In assembling my notes to prepare for a new wave of posts, I made a rather startling discovery: the world of War Journal has a lot of depth and oodles of potential. It's not something to just throw away casually; the Greens stand for something, and they might not always do the right thing, but it's not for lack of trying. There is a certain nobility to them, willing to die for a cause that few others in the world share. And even though they are a fictitious group in a fictitious world, that still somehow means something to me.

So I want to keep both games alive. A lot of that responsibility falls on me - I'm not the most consistent storyteller, and I'm prone to whining and bellyaching, but I do still love a good story, and I want to keep telling them.

I'll make a deal with all of you - I will do my best to post more consistently and not make a big stink about the burden of being an ST and whatnot, if you the players will come along with me. We may need some fresh blood, too - if anyone knows anybody who'd be interested in this sort of campaign, please direct them to this site, or have them email me at alfero@hotmail.com. EON as a whole seems to be struggling, and the only way to keep it alive is to keep these games going.

So are you with me?

So are you with me?

Always. ::cool

As for EON slowing down...it happens every year, at least once a year. Summertime, and then the holiday season.

The biggest problem I see is simply a lack of posting from the oodles of members we actually have. We're hovering at just under 600 members total. I can only imagine the sheer volume if even a quarter of them posted regularly.

But, as much as we(and I) love the forum interaction, please realize that there are still TONS of visitors to this site every week. We have an extraordinary amount of player and ST resources before you even hit the forums. E-books, alternative powers and tech listings, custom character sheets and generators...the list goes on.

As far as I'm concerned, EON will survive just fine. ::smile

Always.  ::cool

As for EON slowing down...it happens every year, at least once a year. Summertime, and then the holiday season.

The biggest problem I see is simply a lack of posting from the oodles of members we actually have. We're hovering at just under 600 members total. I can only imagine the sheer volume if even a quarter of them posted regularly.

But, as much as we(and I) love the forum interaction, please realize that there are still TONS of visitors to this site every week. We have an extraordinary amount of player and ST resources before you even hit the forums. E-books, alternative powers and tech listings, custom character sheets and generators...the list goes on.

As far as I'm concerned, EON will survive just fine.  ::smile

Valid points all, good sir; much of both my passion and melodrama last night came from having watched 'Master and Commander' just before posting, which is why it came out as it did. ::laugh

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy, folks! Just want to tell you that I´ll be away till the 11th of June,starting tomorrow, making a trip through Spain ::biggrin ::cool. I don´t know if I will have computer access during this time ::shrug . See you then! ::beer30 ::halo ::tongue

See in a couple of weeks then, have a good time!!!

How long have we been in the zone?  A few hours or nearer to a day?  Meaning is it time for a rest break?

It's been several hours, and I think if you asked the unconcious Colby, she would say it was a good time for a break ::wink

And I hope you have a great time, Grizz! ::smile

• 2 weeks later...

hmmm...bet Arnold's stint with the children will be very short if this keeps up! ;)

I'm in Bizerte right now, just been working on the boat for the last 4 days. Think its ready now, we'll be sailing to Sicily tomorrow, should take two to four days to reach it depending on the winds. Anyhoo; halfway through my trip, hope stuff picks up on EON. Noticed a couple new games though; cool! I'll read up on them when I get back.

Ciao!

hmmm...bet Arnold's stint with the children will be very short if this keeps up! ;)

I'm in Bizerte right now, just been working on the boat for the last 4 days. Think its ready now, we'll be sailing to Sicily tomorrow, should take two to four days to reach it depending on the winds. Anyhoo; halfway through my trip, hope stuff picks up on EON. Noticed a couple new games though; cool! I'll read up on them when I get back.

Ciao!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going to try and synch up the times for all three threads (Epstein and Ernold early morning near dawn, poker players very late at night, Badlanders a few hours earlier) in my next set of posts. ::wink

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but it is with the best of intentions - and it does say all things :)

Heritage - are you still accepting players for WJ Trans-D? Just wanted to follow up my e-mail to you with a post - in case it got lost or whatnot.

Looking forward to your reply

• 4 months later...

Okay, here's the deal - I don't want to see this website die, or at least not the play-by-post part of it. I know I went on and on about how I was giving up running games online, too much work, etc.

Well that's all pure BS, 'cause I'm running an Eberron D&D 3.5 game on another site now, so none of that washes anymore. My big issue was I took on way too much with running two games of the scale I was trying for, and that was a mistake. Just today I gave BlueNinja permission to do as he'd like with Trans-D, the creation of which was, to quote Elvis Costello, a 'brilliant mistake.' Too epic for little old me to handle.

But I really miss Trans-D's little brother War Journal Classic, and I think I'd like to run it again, even if it's just a few guys shootin' the shit deep underground. Considering the state of posting right now, I think it would require some major retooling, possibly killing of a few PCs (*cough Damien! cough*) and giving new people a seat at the table.

We'll see what we can do - it might be doomed to failure like so many of my other games, but what the hell - at least we can go out with a bang ::ultracool ::nuclear

Watch this space!

What I'm thinking of doing is having the team that went out into the Badlands lose contact with the Greens. This is not the same as killing them off, but it does allow me to buy some time; they can always be found staggering out in the woods somewhere with Duchovnian 'lost time' at a later date. There may well be a time jump involved as well, not too long but at least a few days. I'll have to look over all the PCs, NPCs and most recent posts and make a few possibly tough decisons in the next week or so, but I think we can make a go of it. Players interested in joining up are encouraged to read over the materials in the begining of the WJ OOC thread, read over old posts and be driven mad like looking at Cthulhu, and I can always send you a flurry of emails to bring you up to speed.

I don't know what Mr. Ninja is planning to do with Trans-D, but as far as I'm concerned it's no longer War Journal 'canon' - this frees up both games to do as they wish. I'm also going to open the game up to some players on other PbP websites I frequent, hoping to stir up interest and maybe even new EON initiates that way.

"You can't stop the signal."

Just today I gave BlueNinja permission to do as he'd like with Trans-D, the creation of which was, to quote Elvis Costello, a 'brilliant mistake.'

(*cough Damien! cough*)

Damien was great! You know that if he wasent there, you would have made an Asshole NPC ::sly . Besides...he always followed orders, but he dosen't have to be nice while doing so.

If you do start something, though. Ill make something new for it.

Never fear, folks - while my intentions are not Trans-D canon, they are in spirit. (I hope ::huh )

By next Friday I will have posted everything that potential players need to know. Feel free to give me near copies of your Trans-D characters, just keep in mind that you don't get those lovely starting packages Heritage handed out. ::biggrin

Not sure what this means, but I just think that Trans-D was too ambitious for me to take on - it actually might be fun to write up some sort of character and play in it ::biggrin

Damien was great!  You know that if he wasent there, you would have made an Asshole NPC ::sly .  Besides...he always followed orders, but he dosen't have to be nice while doing so.

Bahamut, I think you're a swell guy, but I have never hated a PC more than Damien - I don't mean to offend, but it's the simple truth. (shrug)

If you do start something, though.  Ill make something new for it.

I'd be more than happy to have you, dude, but I will say that there is going to be an increased focus on teamwork. I'm still working out the details, but suffice to say the Greens will be facing their greatest challenge yet; there can still be disagreements, of course, because people do that, but shennanigans can get people killed quicker than bullets.

By next Friday I will have posted everything that potential players need to know. Feel free to give me near copies of your Trans-D characters, just keep in mind that you don't get those lovely starting packages Heritage handed out.

I'm intrigued to see what you come up with, and might even come up with a PC.

Bahamut, I think you're a swell guy, but I have never hated a PC more than Damien - I don't mean to offend, but it's the simple truth. (shrug)

Awesome. He was meant to be hated, nay...he was meant to be despised. The point was that he was always *right*. Its too bad you dont want him to come back, I have another idea for a 'hobby'...keeping a notebook filled with notes as to how people are going to screw up, how plans are going to fail. That would have been an awesome notebook. And he could have drawn noodle-boy on it.

Ah, Damien, how we...err...I mean I, miss thee.

What to play next though...hmmm...

Well...it seem like everyone pulled together really well when damien was around.  It was *agenst damien*...but still.  Teamwork, yay!! ::laugh  ::biggrin  ::tongue

You're insane ::laugh

Anywho, no more characters who are meant to be despised, that's my one caveat...or at least the first caveat that comes to mind ::wink

What I'm thinking of doing is having the team that went out into the Badlands lose contact with the Greens. This is not the same as killing them off...
Except for Mike-Clone with his limited lifespan. Ah well, "we" always knew it was a risky move but that was just the chance "we" had to take.

I suggest you have Mike buy it before/during the "getting lost" period. He's a soft target and having him die goes a long way to explain the team not getting back easily.

Archived