Aberrant: Cognizant Chimera - CC: Game Mechanics

Alex Green

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
correct me, but i thought there would be 2 weeks downtime? but the postings after the aeon message were moving on without this downtime? (i don't feel like to think about a better formulation)

This is primarily because some of us didn't see the 2 weeks comment in this thread 'til now ::blush

We'll hopefully tie things up at the hotel shortly - and BTW Bahumet, is Cid asleep or not? It's no fun doodling on people when they can fight back ::tongue

Mike's downtime is being held 'hostage' by the ST until the whole reporter thing is dealt with - hence my post ::wink . Now, I'm just waiting to see what happens. I'm pretty sure Mike'll have quite a few things he'll be wanting to do over a two week period, but it will kinda' depend on how the interview goes... ::devil ::halo

• 3 weeks later...

This is a section from my post that got left out (whoops, my bad) and didn't just want to edit it into the post (thou I will do that)

[During The Two Weeks]

Everyone involved in the bank incident is invited to various talk shows (Everything from 60 Minutes to The Jerry Springer Show) if they let themselves be found, as well as personalized invitations to the Aeon Society meeting (if they wanted to be found or not). Having hit the news on a popular subject, anywhere with information about the Aeon Society is slow to respond, but very core basics are reported on the news (How it started, what it does, it's stated public mission, and goals) and in other media outlets.

The news also reports on a massive decrease in general crime rate in most of Los Angeles, with the sole exception being assault. Rumors of a couple different nova vigilantes have helped to keep the peace in the extremely tense city. Reports of similar activities have come in from a few other major cities across the world.

Too bad you dont sleep...so many good things I could do to you 

Mabey I should dump you in a vat of baked beans... 

I just saw this now - looks like Martha has made a new 'enemy'/playmate ::devil

As far as the media circus goes, I'm sad to say that Martha would be unable to resist appearing on Leno, and possibly Conan. Would she do Letterman? Yeah, even if she doesn't 'get' him. She'd be game for pretty much anything: cracking jokes, doing 'Stupid Nova Tricks', taping silly segements for later broadcast, etc. Oh God, she'd do 'Saturday Night Live' in a heartbeat, too. Does the woman have no shame?!

This all ties in nicely with her Mega-Charisma kicking in, and I'm blaming Leno for the taint ::biggrin. I think in her mind she's planning on being a 'face', trying to show people that novas are 'just plain folks' - plus, she's a Leo, and loves the attention ::blush

I'll still say she didn't get an agent until David brought it up - we'll just say that Sagebrush Joe has been taking her calls, and acting as her de facto agent until it's obvious he can't handle the volume of requests for appearances. And Joe would totally use his connection with her to boost business back in Aspen. Malk, I'll PM you my basic idea for Sagebrush Joe.

Cid on the other hand will go on saturday night live and (to contrast) only the serious shows after that (Latenight I will consider serious) A bit quiet. Im sure word of his not knowing who he really is will travel fast and certian people will see who he is and where he is going...

Sorry I didn't catch your post a couple days ago, Obsidian Shade. If you were watching Gabriel, there's a rather good chance he would've noticed you, and located you, and then talked to you about it, long before the meeting, unless you have a bunch of powers I'm unaware of. If you'd like to rp it out, that'd be fine, but you're not just going to have spied upon my character without him having noticed uness that's what the ST says actually occured? So how 'bout it malkboy? Was he spying, did I notice, or are his techniques too subtle for me? Hm?

::confused ::bigsmile

Eddie will take a number of public appearances, easily enough to bring public attention to him, but not enough to make him appear an attention. During those, he exercises all his power as a showman, and demonstrates several quantum-powered "tricks" to the amazement of his audiences.

If you'd like to rp it out, that'd be fine, but you're not just going to have spied upon my character without him having noticed uness that's what the ST says actually occured? So how 'bout it malkboy? Was he spying, did I notice, or are his techniques too subtle for me? Hm?

::confused  ::bigsmile

Actually Gabriel didn't even notice him until a couple of days before the Aeon meeting... And Michael didn't even notice him at all...

( feel free to PM between the two of you and let me know anything earth shattering... )

Andric folded his arms in front of his chest and glanced around. His attempt to appear dark and dangerouse was a little bit risible. But he was a nova and not a baseline as he had demonstrated before. Even if he looked somewhat normal, he could be a very bad guy. A very silent bad guy.

Obsidian Shade: You keep posting descriptions of Andric as the silent, dangerous, mysterious guy in the background. Does he have any social megastats to support this, or is he just making a fool of himself? ::tongue

Quick Malkboy question (sorry if you've already answered this one): are you going to run our Background-related NPCs or do you want us to do it?

Last I heard, FF only stops attacks. Noone said anything about it having to be solid, and impermeable to matter in general. 

Well, it's obviously based on special effects to a certain extent, but there must be a reason that Force Field is listed as being particularly appropriate as a power to which the Permanent Power high-level aberration can be applied (APG p.96). If the only penalty is the look of the thing then it's no more of an aberration that a low-level Anima Banner or Glow. So, there seems to be a suggestion that having an average Force Field powered up does have a few drawbacks. Of course, having a Force Field that's vulnerable to sushi is also a possibility... ::wink

For those Allies, Contacts, and Mentors you have.. I'll mostly run those as they are called upon.. (but like.. run away with Kat and Syn all you want. You dog you)...

If anyone else has a non-nova like character (The spouses can happily be run by thier partner...) that they wish exempt.. just let me know why...

If you interact with a baseline.. feel free do an interaction between the two.. (if they have reason to conflict with what you're trying to do, or you're trying to get information.. it should go through me)

As with all things.. abuse it and lose it (and that's to everyone) ::biggrin

--malkboy

OK guys, malkboy hasn't posted for more than a page. Since then, I have posted 5 times, Alex has posted 4, Ezekiel 3 times, Bahamut 4, Brilyn 3, Heritage 2, Asbjorn 2, Nullifier 2, ProfPotts 2, and Obsidian Shade 1.

Especially since this scene is largely centered around Aaron's answers to the characters' questions, maybe we should possibly consider waiting for him to return before we continue even with the within-group bickering to account for reactions to things he might have to say? Maybe? ::confused

But why?

You're in a confined space filled with bickering super-people. Some of which appear to be REALLY pi$$ed off with some of the others. And they've got twins.

Me? I'd shut the fsck up, and pray I don't get caught in a crossfire...... ::biggrin

I'm actually more interested in the debate, and yes it'd be nice if Jenkins was answering, but think about it, even if malkboy were here to post, it's not like Jenkins, if he's a baseline at least, could compete with all the mega-socials being thrown around. ::cool Add that implicit threat of the damage we could collectively cause to the train and its occupants, and I'd say you'd have one very intimidated person. ::nervous Be that as it may, this conversation has taken a rather fascinating direction don't you think? ::devilangel

Archived