Aberrant: Cognizant Chimera - Cognizant Chimera - The Early Years...

malkboy

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(OOC: Howdy, Ayre! Martha'd greet you, but she's already at her truck ::blush )

Martha's truck has an extended cab, wich means there's a 'back seat' that tiny, tiny people might find comfortable. Martha and Dog are in the front seat, with a rather smooshed Jimmy in between them; he should be able to get enough oxygen once the truck starts moving.

Matt teleports into the 'back seat', which he finds is already occupied by a medium-sized cooler, thereby turning him into a human accordian.

Cid jumps into the cargo bed, which is filled with various pieces of rock-climbing gear; a sliding window at the back of the cab allows him to speak to the others.

As for the truck itself, the deep red paint is scuffed in countless places, thought there is no visable rust, and it looks like it hasn't been washed in a while. The dash is dotted with various Looney Tunes Happy Meal toys held in place by duct tape, and the whole thing smells like sandalwood incense.

"OK, I'm in. But someone needs to get me a meal soon or I'm not going to be much good later."

Martha cranes her neck around.

Hey, thanks for joinin' us! There's some good sandwich fixin's in the cooler: rye bread, Buddig ham, Miracle Whip and mustard, and half a brick of sharp cheddar. There may be a few Coronas rattlin' around in there, too.

She starts the engine, which makes a truly impressive rumble, and the CD player booms out hot salsa music at deafening volume, over which she has to shout.

Everybody ready?

Martha slams the truck in gear and leaps out into traffic, screaching like a crazy woman.

Yeeee-haaaa!!! So where the hell are we goin', exactly?

Cid jumps into the cargo bed, which is filled with various pieces of rock-climbing gear

Cid picks up and looks at some of the equipment. " Man...you didnt skimp on this stuff! Wow! I didnt know they made *this* brand anymore!"

Cid looks through the window, smileing. "Hey...You like climbing? I cant remember the last time I did. Mind if I tag along some time? This stuff is great! I just wish there were some...wait! We could go climb Mt. Everest! I mean...we have super powers now! We could probably go twice as fast as the current fastest people!"

Yeeee-haaaa!!! So where the hell are we goin', exactly?

" 900 somethin-street. Mr. Dog can direct us I think. If nothing else, just follow the fliers."

(At the Mansion)

Go on start raining you lazy sod, but not too heavy! Not like Bloody last time!"

As the clear sky starts to have a few clouds the stranger walks towards the novas who are talking about the bank robbery and the feel of wanting to help, even as the nearby news crew records their words. Michael steeps down low and suddenly leaps high up into the air, soaring in towards the city.

"Holy crap! That guy can jump!" Jimmy's jaw drops.

Martha passes by the stranger on the way towards her truck, with the others going to the bank with her in tow. Finnegan follows along with them, shaking his head at how things seem to be turning out. The group piles into her truck with Jimmy and Dog riding in front with Martha, Matt teleporting into the back, and Cid in the back with a quiet Finnegan. The stranger follows them, stepping in front of Martha's squealing truck her tires just barely able to stop in time to prevent from hitting him,

"Is this where Diamond Dog lives?"

Meanwhile, over by what remains of the news vehicles and other cars, Michael tells the officer that it isn't his business and starts to raise his hand. The officer moves towards one side carefully. "I don't care if he was the freaking pope. There are laws in this city, and I'm asking you nicely before you strike him again to step away from him. I will use a level of force appropriate for the possible threat you present, sir. Let's solve this without violence," the police officer says calmly.

The now cloud filled sky slowly darkens as this stand off continues. The second news crew aims it's camera at the scene as Lance declares he's a hostage negotiator. Michael backs off some and says to Lance, "This is not over." The officer lowers his weapon and offers a hand to Lance, "I can get you to the scene if you need a ride. Do you want to press charges thou, officer?"

Michael just rolls his eyes and puts on a repeat performance, having little problem adjusting for the stronger winds that are starting to kick up. Andric having finished his call also takes off, easily plunging through the dark rumbling clouds that fill the area, to follow Michael in towards town. Lance just watches shaking his head,

"There should really be laws about letting wild beasts like that roam free, don't you think? Better step on it before he scares the bejesus out of those robbers and makes them trigger-happy. Oh, you might want to warn those on the job already there as well...lets go."

The officer holsters his piece and radios into the dispatch that the bank robbery should expect some of the "nova" people to show up on the scene. The paramedics having arrived to pick up the slender blonde haired woman he was tending to, the officer runs towards his squad car gesturing for Lance to follow along. Small raindrops fill the area, causing even more steam to rise from the still hot lava, but also bringing the flames inside the large mansion down some.

"There may well be some action over at the bank at 901 West 7th Street that's apparantly being robbed right now... If any of you would be interested in that sort of thing..." 

The firefighters cheer as the rain falls from the sky, but redouble their efforts none the less. A raven haired reporter stands facing the camera speaking calmly despite all the chaos around her, "This is Patricia Martin, reporting from what seems to be the remains of Diamond Dawg's house after a group of the strangly effected people called "Novas" met today. We aren't yet sure what caused it but as you can clearly see behind me, some sort of lava fell from the sky setting the whole place ablaze," she gestures backwards toward the mansion and the lava that is quickly cooling. Looking back at the camera with a small smile, "If it weren't for the valiant actions by a couple of these heroes the casualty rate which I've been told is zero so far, would have been many times worse. All the stations here are working in conjunction with each other to try and keep you updated on the activities this group seems to be taking after the incident. From what I understand, some of them are taking time out of dealing with this disaster to go help police with a bank robbery. Back to you guys at the station...." She turns her blue eyes towards Michael as the cameramen pack up, with a sweet voice she says "I am very interested, thanks for the information. Please, let me know if you want to talk sometime... for an interview," she holds out to him a business card.

Elsewhere on the property... Bill whistles for a taxi to stop, which just so happens to be passing by. He opens the door for his lovely wife, Shirley, before getting into the cab himself just narrowly avoiding the torrential downpour of rain that is suddenly filling the entire area, helping the firefighters to get the lava cooled down and the mansion put out.

(At the Parking Garage)

The lady grins at Eddie's smooth words and takes a step out of the doorway while she reaches behind her. She pulls her hand back out front, with a pack of cigarettes and, flicks a cigarette up from her waist to her mouth and gazes carefully at Eddie, speaking in an enchanting voice "I can leave you boys alone, if it was some private moments you were seeking. Far be it from me to interrupt a happy couple."

Her hair quickly stands up on end, flickering orange and yellows as thou it were made purely of flames as she brings the lighter up towards her mouth with her right hand. Suddenly her left hand moves making a snap, seemingly causing a jet of flames to streak from her pointer finger well past the end of her cigarette, but lighting it none the less. The dry air in the area quickly becomes uncomfortably warm, even as the jet of flames disappears.

"I can leave you boys alone, if it was some private moments you were seeking. Far be it from me to interrupt a happy couple."

Eddie grins, happy for the alibi. "Don't worry about it - you've already interrupted us. So, now that you've discovered our secret, what're you doing in these parts?" The comments are accompanied by an ironic grin, that looks to Gabriel like he's laughing his ass of on the inside, and to the woman like he finds her more interesting than what he was doing - not in a sexual way, but she'll undoubtedly assume that he's interested no matter what he does - Eddie knows women like that much better than he'd like to.

Her hair quickly stands up on end, flickering orange and yellows as thou it were made purely of flames as she brings the lighter up towards her mouth with her right hand. Suddenly her left hand moves making a snap, seemingly causing a jet of flames to streak from her pointer finger well past the end of her cigarette, but lighting it none the less. The dry air in the area quickly becomes uncomfortably warm, even as the jet of flames disappears.

Eddie's eyebrows raise a millimeter or two. "You're a nova", he says unnecessarily, then shuts his mouth while he marshals his thoughts.

"How should I say this?"

He shrugs, glancing at Gabriel.

He walks up to the woman and looks her in the eye and raises his hand to her cigarette, moving as though he was going to pinch it out, but his fingers stop inches short of the light and it goes out, letting off an inordinate amount of smoke.

"Cigarettes are bad for you." He's not even looking at what his hand is doing, instead he's looking into her eyes as he says this, as though he hasn't given her cigarette a second's worth of thought in the past few seconds nor does he intend to anywhere in the near future.

Matt teleports into the 'back seat', which he finds is already occupied by a medium-sized cooler, thereby turning him into a human accordian.

Martha cranes her neck around.

Hey, thanks for joinin' us! There's some good sandwich fixin's in the cooler: rye bread, Buddig ham, Miracle Whip and mustard, and half a brick of sharp cheddar. There may be a few Coronas rattlin' around in there, too.

With a mumbled "Thanks", Matt digs in. He eats as though he hasn't eaten in three days, although with the nova metabolism it is probably less than that.

(After he is at least partly done eating)

"Thanks, I'm Matt" and if there is room he will offer to shake anyone's hand. "So what do all of you do?"

The now cloud filled sky slowly darkens as this stand off continues. The second news crew aims it's camera at the scene as Lance declares he's a hostage negotiator. Michael backs off some and says to Lance, "This is not over." The officer lowers his weapon and offers a hand to Lance, "I can get you to the scene if you need a ride. Do you want to press charges thou, officer?"

"Thanks - Lance grins a devilish grin - I don't think that'll be necessary. Though if you could write up a report or affidavit I could keep in a safe place in case I change my mind or anything happens to me, that would be lovely." ::devilangel

The officer holsters his piece and radios into the dispatch that the bank robbery should expect some of the "nova" people to show up on the scene. The paramedics having arrived to pick up the slender blonde haired woman he was tending to, the officer runs towards his squad car gesturing for Lance to follow along. Small raindrops fill the area, causing even more steam to rise from the still hot lava, but also bringing the flames inside the large mansion down some.

As they speed towards the bank Lance enquires as to which hospital the girl is being brought to. He also tries to glean into any info the police might have on the lava rain and novas in general.

"Thanks, I'm Matt" and if there is room he will offer to shake anyone's hand. "So what do all of you do?"

Marth reaches over the seat with her free hand.

Howdy, Matt, I'm Martha, and-

The stranger follows them, stepping in front of Martha's squealing truck her tires just barely able to stop in time to prevent from hitting him.

Martha slams on the horn and the brakes at the same time, tossing everyone violently forward. She slaps the stereo off and pokes her head out the window to holler bloody murder.

Jesus H. Christ! What the hell are ya doin' in the middle of the road?! Ya wanna get dead?!

"Is this where Diamond Dog lives?"

She takes a moment to compose herself before responding to the stranger's question.

Yeah, it's what's left off his place, and the man to my right who nearly went flyin' through the windshield is Mr. Diamond Dog himself.

As the rain starts to fall, Cid and Finnegan start to get wet in the cargo bed. Martha yells back over her shoulder.

There's a tarp in back, boys - looks like we a got a little rain comin' down! And try an' keep the gear dry, if you can manage!

She turns her blue eyes towards Michael as the cameramen pack up, with a sweet voice she says "I am very interested, thanks for the information. Please, let me know if you want to talk sometime... for an interview," she holds out to him a business card.

Michael takes the card with a smile, his fingers just brushing hers lightly as he does so, & says,

"Talking with you would please me, & be a good place to start..." ::devil

Martha slams on the horn and the brakes at the same time, tossing everyone violently forward. She slaps the stereo off and pokes her head out the window to holler bloody murder.

Jesus H. Christ! What the hell are ya doin' in the middle of the road?! Ya wanna get dead?!

She takes a moment to compose herself before responding to the stranger's question.

Yeah, it's what's left off his place, and the man to my right who nearly went flyin' through the windshield is Mr. Diamond Dog himself.

"Sorry love! No I don't wanna get dead..."

"Mr. Dog, I'm Burnard Reece. If you couldn't tell from my furball complexion I'm one of these 'newborns' or whatever they're calling us today". Seeing the look of urgency on the ocupants of the vehicle's faces "Mind if I tag along and we can continue this discussion when we get to where ever it is you're going?"

Martha just barely touches Matt but she feels a sense of loss.

Matt says, “Whoa. What happened? I feel much better.”

Martha blinks and shakes her head.

And I feel kinda crappy. What the hell was that?

"Sorry love! No I don't wanna get dead..."

"Mr. Dog, I'm Burnard Reece. If you couldn't tell from my furball complexion I'm one of these 'newborns' or whatever they're calling us today". Seeing the look of urgency on the ocupants of the vehicle's faces "Mind if I tag along and we can continue this discussion when we get to where ever it is you're going?"

Still shaking her head and shuddering a bit, Martha cocks a thumb back towards the cargo bed.

Better get hoppin', Fur-nard - looks like it's comin' down harder, and we got a bank robbery to crash.

Burnard sqweezes in amoung the others "Sorry about that, I just wanted to make it easier to put the fires out not drown the entire state".

Martha waves her hand in front of her face as she nudges the gas and moves back into traffic.

Phew! Furnard, anyone ever tell you that ya smell like a sheepdog when yer wet? Remind me to pick up some Febreeze later on. S'alright, though, yer stinky self is as welcome as anyone else in my rig.

She peers up into the rain-swept sky.

Least ya ain't hittin' on me like some folks I could name.

Phew! Furnard, anyone ever tell you that ya smell like a sheepdog when yer wet? Remind me to pick up some Febreeze later on. S'alright, though, yer stinky self is as welcome as anyone else in my rig.

"That's not the wet fur love, it's the sweat from the friggin' walk. You have any idea how hard it is to get a taxi when you look like this? Don't even get me started on the airlines either".

Least ya ain't hittin' on me like some folks I could name. 

"Yeah well unlike most blokes I don't dillude myself into thinking I have stunning good looks ::wink , helps to know when you don't have a chance ::biggrin "

"Yeah well unlike most blokes I don't dillude myself into thinking I have stunning good looks, helps to know when you don't have a chance."

Martha grins ear to ear.

Now, don't go saying that - for all you know, I could be goin' through a bestiality phase right about now. So where ya from? You British or somethin'?

She stiffles a yawn.

'Scuse me! I don't know what you did to me, Matt, but I'm feelin' a might sleepy; make me up a sandwich, if you can still feel yer arms all bunched up back there. Don't wanna fight no bank robbers when I'm all tuckered out, know what I mean?

Gabriel doesn't react to the change in air temperature, or the little display, letting Eddie talk to her as he takes stock of the situation.

"Cigarettes are bad for you." He's not even looking at what his hand is doing, instead he's looking into her eyes as he says this, as though he hasn't given her cigarette a second's worth of thought in the past few seconds nor does he intend to anywhere in the near future.

Shaking his head and frowning slightly Gabriel takes a step back and to the side, giving him a clear line of view of the woman. In a deep, calm voice he says to her, "I don't want to upset you, Miss, but I certainly would like an explanation of your actions. Normally, I suppose I'd be rather upset at having large lumps of lava falling from the sky in my vicinity. However, considering to the circumstances, what with all the strange things going on in the world lately, I'm willing to suspend my judgement of the situation until I hear your reasons for doing it. "

At the same time he says this, he begins concentrating on the energies within him, preparing to unleash them in case the lady with the fire powers decides to get hostile.

[sorry 'bout the delay. I've been somewhat distracted by RL lately... ::crazy ST: At any rate, Gabriel's preparing himself to activate FF, Flight, and Q-bolt if necessary, and in that order. Oh, and if the Q-Awareness is still on, I'd like a description of what she looks like through it. ::bigsmile ]

"I don't want to upset you, Miss, but I certainly would like an explanation of your actions. Normally, I suppose I'd be rather upset at having large lumps of lava falling from the sky in my vicinity. However, considering to the circumstances, what with all the strange things going on in the world lately, I'm willing to suspend my judgement of the situation until I hear your reasons for doing it. "

Eddie's countenance shifts slightly to display his surprise, though editing it to not show all of it.

"What? That lava was you? Why would anyone do something like that?"

The remark puts him on his guard, and Gabriel sees the quantum webs of the universe intensify around his person as Eddie's guard comes up..

Listening to Matt's earlier question, Jimmy tries to answer. "What do we do? Well, I'm a computer programmer, or at least I used to be. My boss was pretty pissed when I hung up on her this morning. Or did you mean powers and stuff? I think I got nature powers, cuz I can grow claws and smell and hear and see really well, but I don't really get why the lava didn't hurt me but Diamond Dog's punch did. Do you have any ideas, Matt? Cuz you seemed really smart when you were talking about molecules and stuff."

Without waiting for an answer, or taking a breath, Jimmy sticks out his hand in greeting. "Hey there, Bernard! You're all furry and stuff, did you get nature powers too?"

Matt says, “Whoa. What happened? I feel much better.”

Martha blinks and shakes her head. And I feel kinda crappy. What the hell was that?

'Scuse me! I don't know what you did to me, Matt, but I'm feelin' a might sleepy; make me up a sandwich, if you can still feel yer arms all bunched up back there. Don't wanna fight no bank robbers when I'm all tuckered out, know what I mean?

Matt responds, “Hopefully it won’t come to fighting. And a sandwich it is.

Matt thinks a moment, and then nods to the other members of the cabin, “I stole some of Martha's energy. I guess it makes sense, I can manipulate it. I wonder if I can transfer energy as well... any volunteers?”

Jimmy answers, "... I don't really get why the lava didn't hurt me but Diamond Dog's punch did. Do you have any ideas, Matt?... "
Matt responds, “Maybe you are really heat resistant. Try putting your finger in a match before going for anything harsher. I don't smoke or I'd over you a match.

Matt responds, “Hopefully it won’t come to fighting. And a sandwich it is.

Matt thinks a moment, and then nods to the other members of the cabin, “I stole some of Martha's energy. I guess it makes sense, I can manipulate it. I wonder if I can transfer energy as well... any volunteers?”

Martha shoves half the sandwich in her mouth and chews noisily.

Mmm! Raffs a guh sanwick! 'Scuse me. Thank you, Matthew; that really hit the spot. As far as this energy thing goes, next time ask before you borrow stuff? Had enough of that nonsense growin' up with my lil' sister. And I ain't volunteering fer nothin' - hell, I don't want your gross energy backwash all over my chi or whatever.

She finishes the rest of the sandwich with equal gusto.

Mmm-mmm. Damn, I love Miracle Whip on a sandwich! In answer to previous inquiries, yes, I still climb, Cid, and yes, you're welcome to come. And seein' as I don't get hot or cold or even need to breathe anymore, Everest sounds like a fine idea to me. Which segueys nicely into the other question; I'm pretty darn strong, though I think some a y'all might be stronger. I can't fly or nothin', which keeps me outta that particular club. Mostly strong, fast and really, really healthy, I guess. And my senses are all nutso like Jimmy's. That's about it for me.

Martha starts peering uncertainly out the truck's windows.

Does anyone know if we're gettin' any closer to this bank? 'Cause I'm feelin' all turned around here.

"If you mean making it piss down, and talking to trees and stuff, then yeah mate I reccon you'd be right".

"Wow, you can talk to trees?! What do they say?"

"I wonder if I can transfer energy as well... any volunteers?”

"Ooh! I'll do it! See if you can send any energy my way!"

"And seein' as I don't get hot or cold or even need to breathe anymore,"

Jimmy's eyes go wide, and he blurts out, "Hey, that's what it's like for me too! I don't feel the cold, and I didn't feel the heat from the lava! I don't know about breathing though..."

Matt says, "Now all that is interesting. I'm healthier than before, I've got more of an appetite, but I don't seem as superhumanly strong or tough or anything. On the other hand I can manipulate matter and energy. ... If there is a pattern I don't see it."

"As far as employment goes, I'm between jobs, but I used to be an electrician."

"I wonder if I can transfer energy as well... any volunteers?”
"Ooh! I'll do it! See if you can send any energy my way!"
Matt says, "OK then. Give me your hand..."

Matt first concentrates on not doing anything, then he takes Jimmy's hand, and after a moment he gently tries the same power but concentrates on reversing the power flow....

{PM to ST}

What do we do?

Cid shrugs. "I travel right now. My powers?"

He raises his hand, and it starts to glow a radiant golden color.

"This is my burden, so to speak. I can kill men with a touch from it. Im also fast, and sturdy."

He picks up one of the climbing spikes in the back and it chars to nothing quickly.

"Im hoping I can do more then that...God willing, I can."

Acessing the situation, the beautiful (app 4, mega app 1) Heather stands to her full five foot eleven and glares back with her almost golden hazel eyes into the eyes of the man. In her obvious New York accent she says slowly with conviction, "Man lemme tell ya, where I come from men women and children have died for less than that, much less." She again raises the lighter to the tip of her cigarette and lights it, using the lighter as it was meant to be used this time.

Shaking his head and frowning slightly Gabriel takes a step back and to the side, giving him a clear line of view of the woman. In a deep, calm voice he says to her, "I don't want to upset you, Miss, but I certainly would like an explanation of your actions. Normally, I suppose I'd be rather upset at having large lumps of lava falling from the sky in my vicinity. However, considering to the circumstances, what with all the strange things going on in the world lately, I'm willing to suspend my judgement of the situation until I hear your reasons for doing it. "

The woman shakes her head as if to make sure she heard Gabriel correctly, then flips her fire hair back out of her way. " So you believe that I inflicted some form of lava attack on you?!?! What freaking planet are you from that you meet someone you automatically start blaming them for some attack which they had no idea was occuring before introducing yourself?? I have no need to explain my actions to you, or anyone...." She pauses and anyone watching her hands rather than her face would see her twisting her wedding band and 2 karat diamond cluster engagement ring on her slender, well manicured finger. "It seems to me that you owe me one hell of an apology and with some expediency." With that said she adjust her tailor made suit, not removing her eyes from the man, awaiting some response.

"Man lemme tell ya, where I come from men women and children have died for less than that, much less."

Eddie remains undaunted, mantaining his complex smile. In the interests of not appearing pretentious, he even lowers its complexity a bit. He does not, however, rise to the bait, simply turning on his heel and walking back to Gabriel to cross his arms and lean against the barrier.

(On the way to the bank)

Following directions that Dawg gives her, Martha ends up behind the very same police car that left the mansion. Martha starts eating the sandwich that Matt handed her using both hands, using her elbows and knees to take corners at breakneck speeds that make the frame of the truck creak in complaint.

Mmm! Raffs a guh sanwick! 'Scuse me. Thank you, Matthew; that really hit the spot.

Matt holds Jimmy’s hand as he focuses on trying to give some of the energy he just got to Jimmy but finds only a migraine headache for his effort. Making it even worse the air fills with the smell of metal as Cid slowly burns the spike to nothing in the back of the truck.

Finnegan brushes a few red hairs that were covering his emerald eyes, “If everyone is going to just continue showing off what they can do like this was show and tell… then when you really need that crucial surprise, you’ll find it’s not there. Since almost everyone here seems to want to be the superhero type, may some should look into tactics. But for what it’s worth, I seem to be a better fighter… I can even make it look like I’m dancing all around you when in fact I’m sitting standing right in front of you.

Does anyone know if we're gettin' any closer to this bank? 'Cause I'm feelin' all turned around here.

Following a short distance behind the truck is a cab, which in turn is being followed by David on his Harley Davidson. All the moving vehicles quickly pass from the monsoon that's surrounded the area around Dawg's house into the Greater LA area.

(At the Bank)

The police having arrived some time ago, have surrounded the building with officers and are holding steady with their weapons raised. Even as the radio call from the officer heading towards the scene comes across the radio, not one but two Michael’s come down out of the sky. Andric is clearly seen flying nearby, almost as thou he’s looking for a better place to land.

A command officer with a bullhorn calls towards the two Michaels, “Sir, could you please step behind the taped yellow line. There’s a crime in progress in the bank and you’ll only endanger the citizens inside and yourself if you stay there.

(At the house)

"Talking with you would please me, & be a good place to start..."

Ignoring the sudden rainstorm the reporter stands with Michael in the yard. Keeping her soft blue eyes gazing at his face but not back into his, she brushes a bit of her short black hair back behind an ear, and the reporter says in a sweet, gentle voice, “I am sure that whatever will please you will be a fabulous place to start. Perhaps you would like to schedule your interview now, Sir? To whatever time is most convenient to you, of course.

The firefighters now having an easier time getting around as the lava has stopped all movement and is no longer putting everything to flames, they work on putting the house fire out to save what they can of the once beautiful large mansion. The blaze there while weakened from the rainstorm has spread rapidly across the house and still slowly consumes Dawg’s home.

Cid hops out of the truck when they arrive. He looks around.

"Tactics? How about we just let the police do their thing. I dont think we can get in there undetected. But...if you guys still insist on doing this... What ideas do we have? Personally I can get in pretty quickly, but that may not be fast enough. I dont know if I can take gunfire...but Im sure I can take more then the poor people in the bank. Spout them out people."

What ideas do we have? Personally I can get in pretty quickly, but that may not be fast enough. I dont know if I can take gunfire...but Im sure I can take more then the poor people in the bank. Spout them out people."

Showing up shortly after the speech begins, David jumps in...

"Well, do we know how many hostages are in there, or for that matter how many bad guys there are? I'm all for going in there, it might be fun, but we need to know what it looks like in there first. Did any of you get x-ray vision like Superman? Id' be good with one of you flyers dropping me in there through the ceiling or a window if we can get a good idea where they are, I'm not all that worried about getting shot... but it might be a good idea to see if the cops are gonna be ticked off for us getting involved..."

Martha hops out of the truck almost before it stops moving, and has a look around at the situation. She saunters over to the officer with the bullhorn and flashes a big smile.

'Afternoon, officer - we're just a handful of concerned super-freaks lookin' to make the situation worse any way we can.

She stops to scan the assembled officers, vehicles and weapons spread out around the bank entrance, then turns back to the cop.

Seriously though, we'd like to help out any way possible - we're strong, tough and some of us are damn near bulletproof.

Martha starts trying to scan the broadcast frequencies, hoping that the robbers might be using radios or cellphones to coordiante their activities.

(OT: Welcome, froggie!)

Well, do we know how many hostages are in there, or for that matter how many bad guys there are?

*Lets find out, well lets see if there are any potplants in these yank banks! hehe shame noone heard that ::rolleyes * Bernie sends a telepathic call to any plants in the area (OOC:yep the entire area) and focuses on those in the bank *What can you see of the humans near you?*

"It seems to me that you owe me one hell of an apology and with some expediency." With that said she adjust her tailor made suit, not removing her eyes from the man, awaiting some response.

Gabriel watches her, his expression wary and unconvinced all through her little tirade. Finally he says in a calm tone of voice, "I'd like to believe you, and if I did, I'd appologize. However, the facts seem to indicate otherwise. See, one of my new abilities allows me to see the types of energy patterns people like us, and our abilities, emit. The energy trail of the lava led to this parking garage, and the smell of kerosene from the spot where the trail ended led me down here, where I found you, a nova, or whatever, with power over fire. Now, this could of course all be an incrediable coincidence, but I tend to doubt coincidence as an answer even in the most mundane of circumstances, so I'm afriad I'll be needing that explanation from you right about now, please. "

Burnard doesnt look too happy then all of a sudden "Ahh Sh!t! Someone has to teach these plants about details! Yeah the men inside are deffinately armed, they're 'pointing black finger at people' according to a dozen roses in a vase. Poor little buggers won't last in that vase... I'll see if I can get you more detail" he says in two breaths, only pausing for a moment when mentioning the flowers impending demise.

(OOC: who's going to be the one to slap some sence into him I wonder?)

"Ahh Sh!t! Someone has to teach these plants about details! Yeah the men inside are deffinately armed, they're 'pointing black finger at people' according to a dozen roses in a vase. Poor little buggers won't last in that vase... I'll see if I can get you more detail"

"Umm, ok, did your 'friends' tell you how many bad guys there are, or where they are standing in relation to the inside of the bank.?"

Archived