Aberrant: Cognizant Chimera - Cognizant Chimera - The Early Years...

malkboy

Mike calls out to anyone within hearing range,

"These boys have been holding out on us: they have suites booked at the Chicago Ritz! Who wants to head over and continue this thing in a more civilised setting?"

Matt thinks, but doesn't say, "This place here is actually a step up over what I'm used to. But if they were going to put us at the Ritz, then maybe there is more money involved here than I thought."

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Matt nods, and turns to leave, then a thought occurs to him and he says, "One last thing Doc..." (Clone appears) "...is he me? Or even better..."

(the clone interrupts) "...what am I?"

The doctor blinks a moment, "That's a fairly good question, that I don't have the awnser to... One of those things we intend to find out sooner or later"

(Then later at Jimmy's doctor visit)

Wiping his red-rimmed eyes, he stands and walks over to the door. "I'm going to find my room, I'll get in touch with you later, ok?"

The doc nods, "Alright. I'll be somewhere around here..."

(Now Catching up everyone to the latest moment)

Copesetic?

Aaron nods, "That can certainly be arranged. And don't do anything you don't want to do."

"These boys have been holding out on us: they have suites booked at the Chicago Ritz! Who wants to head over and continue this thing in a more civilised setting?"

I got say, that does sound a lot nicer - can we go there, if we promise to be nice?

Aaron sighs, "If we move this there, than the first sign of aggression or creating of disorder will get the ones responsible tossed out for the remainder of well this fact finding meeting. That's my terms for risking being arrested for changing the location of this to someplace more public..."

"If we move this there, than the first sign of aggression or creating of disorder will get the ones responsible tossed out for the remainder of well this fact finding meeting. That's my terms for risking being arrested for changing the location of this to someplace more public..."

The Mikes grin,

"Sounds great! Just like real rock stars! Bags I get to chuck a television out the window!" ::tongue ::thumbsup ::smokin ::laugh

Gabriel stares at the woman for a minute hovering there above the dispersing novas, frowning, obviously slightly taken aback by the vehemence of Mandy's reaction, then finally settles down to the ground in front of her, a slow smile playing across his face, his aura of cold blue flames flickerng slightly. Looking into her eyes he says, "I must appologize. I shouldn't have spoken so harshly to you. " With that, he jumps back up into the air, flying over and settling down in front of Jenkins.

::blink Mandy nods politely. Disturbed by Aaron's predictment, she slowly walks over and stands slightly behind him and to the side, listening politely as the upset novas try to express their wants. She watches the angry gentlemen carefully and she seems genuinely upset by their unrest though smiling slightly at the push to move to the Ritz.

Winking at Martha, she laughs. "Now, now. Can't very well wrassle if you move on to the Ritz. But feel free to leave a poor guy hanging." ::biggrin

The smile alters slightly to a friendly grin encompassing all the novas.

"I know y'all feel that the Ritz would be a more scenic surroundings, and would make you feel more pampered, but realistically... what do you see happening there? Why did you all come? The medical teams and scientists here, at your disposal.. merely to answer any questions you have about yourself and your abilities. The compound is here for you to test yourselves or merely get a rest from the prying eyes of the outside world. The whole planet is curious on your evolution, but if you are uncomfortable by the surroundings, we've failed at the onset." *sigh* Looking back at Aaron, "Aaron, maybe if we make them less wary of Aeon's intentions they'll feel more comfortable with the facilities."

"Please, feel free to grab a room or hop on the train, or even just stand out here on this beautiful day and wait for further arrangements to be made. Anyone who would like to stay but has an issue they need addressed.. I would be glad to help you in anyway. ::biggrin That's what I'm here for, whether its your quarters, or special foods you wish, or just a chat. I know there's a story behind some of you." ::wink

Taking a step back to leave the novas to decide their next actions, she walks over to stand near Ed and Virginia but looks up to wave at the circling nova. "Looks like someone is comfortable with the surroundings." ::bigsmile

(OOC: Malk gave me Mandy to play. ::biggrin Yay for me!) *edited for formating

(OOC Note: Just because I know I'll be asked.. Mandy is a normal Human.. non nova...)

"Sounds great! Just like real rock stars! Bags I get to chuck a television out the window!" 

Aaron sighs again as he speaks, "I might think you'd want to be civilized and not a rock star... Not everyone has gotten the friendliest reception where they are from. You act out of control and wild, it becomes a stereotype for all of the others like you. It's sad to think that, but it's true."

"Please, feel free to grab a room or hop on the train, or even just stand out here on this beautiful day and wait for further arrangements to be made. Anyone who would like to stay but has an issue they need addressed.. I would be glad to help you in anyway.  That's what I'm here for, whether its your quarters, or special foods you wish, or just a chat. I know there's a story behind some of you." 

As Mandy finishes up her statement, people start streaming quickly out of the administration building a mist curling around the doors as cool air quickly escapes the building. A frost forms around the ground of the building and slowly crawls up the sides. As the frost reaches each window they develop large webbing cracks, but not breaking. The door suddenly slams shut, just a few microseconds after the last visible evacuee gets out.

( Plenty of time for people to move out/away during this time )

The building and the earth around it starts to shake and a large grinding noise is heard. Aaron looks to Mandy to see if she has an awnser for what is going on. Just a scant few seconds later, the windows burst inward with tremendous force and the building trembles. In awe, the Aeon employees watch as the large frozen building implodes on itself. The building collapses into a large pile of quickly thawing rubble and people look around at each other.

Mike is the first to notice the large oak door standing just a few feet behind the group from where they were standing. Inside the door is a pile of rubble that looks oddly like the remains of the building that was in front of them. The scientist standing there is carefully dusting himself off as all the eyes eventually lay on the open door behind him; he interrupts the silence with an unsteady, “Whoops.

"Erwin! Are you alright? Anything broken? What in the world..." ::nervous

She quickly heads over to the lone scientist looking quickly to the mob of evacuated personel. "Quickly, everyone give me a roll call. Make sure no personel or nova guest is missing." She quickly walks over to bedraggled scientist. "Erwin, any idea wha..."

She stares in bewilderment at the demolished building.

"Erwin! Are you alright? Anything broken? What in the world..." 

She quickly heads over to the lone scientist looking quickly to the mob of evacuated personel. "Quickly, everyone give me a roll call. Make sure no personel or nova guest is missing." She quickly walks over to bedraggled scientist. "Erwin, any idea wha..."

"Hmmm, no... no not really..... probably had to do with external pressures as a result of rapidly changing temperature gradients." says the scientist.

Martha stares at the demolished structure for a second in stunned silence; finally, she just shakes her head.

Boy, I sure hope our rooms weren't in there.

She turns to the other novas present.

Well folks, it looks like it's time to do what we do best - makin' a bad situation a whole lot worse ::sly

She turns back to Mandy as she start to roll up the sleeves of her denim jacket.

So who's missin', and where might they be?

Hearing the tremendous noise of the building imploding, Heather runs out and evaluates the situation. Looking around quickly she searches frantically for Xander looking increasingly frightened as she sees each person and notes that they are not her husband. She searches the rubble frozen in place by fear and worry for him. Looking down at her feet, the concentration etched solidly on her face along with the deepest of fear and concern, she slowly rises from the the ground rummaging in her pocket for the zippo, as she lights it she is just above the buildings with flames leaping from her hand. She pockets the lighter quickly and holds her hands together as to light the other one and steers herself, using the flames protrudung from her hands awkwardly at first and then with more skill and grace over the rubble, looking for Xander.

::unsure

"I know y'all feel that the Ritz would be a more scenic surroundings, and would make you feel more pampered, but realistically... what do you see happening there?.."

The winged man grins,

"I think it involves abusing room service if you guys are paying the bills." ::wink

"... Why did you all come?.."

"For the free room service; and access to a jacuzzi." ::tongue

... The medical teams and scientists here, at your disposal.. merely to answer any questions you have about yourself and your abilities...

"Nothing at all to do with the questions you people have about us and our abilities then?" ::sly

...The compound is here for you to test yourselves or merely get a rest from the prying eyes of the outside world...

"Why would we need your particular stretch of desert to do that?"

"The whole planet is curious on your evolution, but if you are uncomfortable by the surroundings, we've failed at the onset."

"Yes, I'd say that you have. This," Michael casts a hand across the compound as a whole, "isn't what we were led to expect. Most of us are, or at least were, agreeable to working with you to explore just what has happened to us. None of us agreed to be shipped out into the middle of nowhere to a pseudo-military complex surrounded by trigger happy government troops. Some of us are hiding it better that others, but these changes have been traumatic to us all. Treating us like outsiders, isolating us from the bulk of humanity 'for our own good', tells us just what you people think about those of us who have undergone these changes. If we were 'human' we'd have been treated with more respect than this."

"I might think you'd want to be civilized and not a rock star... Not everyone has gotten the friendliest reception where they are from. You act out of control and wild, it becomes a stereotype for all of the others like you. It's sad to think that, but it's true."

Mike rolls his eyes,

"Sorry - I thought that humans had an in-built capability for humour. I guess that must of been something I mutated." ::rolleyes

Mike is the first to notice the large oak door standing just a few feet behind the group from where they were standing. Inside the door is a pile of rubble that looks oddly like the remains of the building that was in front of them.

[sorry but I don't understand this description. Has this oak door materialised out of nowhere? Is it freestanding? Or is it part of the fallen building or something? ::confused ]

"This would be the reason why we don't want to be in the middle of a city. I'll bet lots of us can do something like that."

Mike looks surprised ::blink ,

"Really? Can you guys all chuck lava & ice around on building-demolishing levels? I can't do anything like that."

"There's a nova missing, Aaron. Oh, god, what if..."

At that comment there are suddenly six Michaels crawling over the remains of the building, pulling aside pieces of rubble & searching as quickly & carefully as possible for survivors. Another Michael remains by his two lady friends.

Watching in fascinated horror as the building far below him collapses, Jimmy starts towards the ground to try to help. Halfway there, his keen ears catch Mandy's conversation with the surviving scientist Erwin.

At top speed, he just manages to catch himself from slamming into the ground, awkardly bobbing in the air before finally able to land.

"So, uh, what happene...."

"There's a nova missing, Aaron. Oh, god, what if..."

Seeing the Mikes spring into action, and Heather flying above the rubble, Jimmy's cat eyes go wide. "Oh crap! You mean there's someone in there?" Without waiting for an answer, Jimmy takes to the air again, circling the rubble. Concentrating his 'heat vision', he scans the wreckage for any body heat signatures; at the same time straining his ears for any sounds from underneath.

The building and the earth around it starts to shake and a large grinding noise is heard. Aaron looks to Mandy to see if she has an awnser for what is going on. Just a scant few seconds later, the windows burst inward with tremendous force and the building trembles. In awe, the Aeon employees watch as the large frozen building implodes on itself. The building collapses into a large pile of quickly thawing rubble and people look around at each other.

"What the hell?"

Eddie and Virginia emerge from their building. They look quickly dressed, and Virginia's long hair looks somewhat wet. They come running as they see what's happening, and Eddie takes to the air. As soon as the building looks relatively safe, Eddie begins to fly circles over it to look for survivors. Meanwhile, Virginia runs up to Aaron and Mike and asks frantically,

"What happened? Is everyone all right?"

Gabriel seems surprised by the building's sudden implosion, immediately concentrating on enhancing his vision and stares at the remains of the building to see if he can locate any survivors within the rubble. [Activating Q-Attunement]

The scientist holds his head, "My head... owwww" he whines.... "I wish we had a backhoe or something...."<p>

Immedately as on que, thousands of pieces form in midair.... then they begin assembling themselves, at blurringly high speeds... into... (yes folks you guessed it!) a yellow Cat 446D backhoe.

Needless to say, Erwin, the scientist, looks very surprised...."heh... anyone know how to use this thing?"

Aaron just stands looking at the remains of the building a bit dumbfounded. ::blink

Blinking, Aaron shakes off the awe and looks to see awnser just that question. His eyes dart from person to person and after just a few seconds he says, "It's Xander uh.. Fox, I believe... he's the one missing" The camera crews having missed a part of the building implosion, do not fail to record every moment of the aftermath. Including, the strange standing oak wood door that after a couple of minutes folds itself in half lengthwise, then widthwise, over and over until it suddenly disappears with a loud *PoP*

Aaron hollars for everyone else to pitch in as well and the rest of the Aeon people start helping to move out some of the freezing cold rubble. It's plainly obvious the Mikes, Martha, and David are able to get things done faster and more effectively. But it's also clear that everyone is working as a team and the rubble is quickly moving.

A mist of cold air hovers around the rubble as it's moved. Each piece warmer than the last as it rapidly returns to it's normal temperature.

Immedately as on que, thousands of pieces form in midair.... then they begin assembling themselves, at blurringly high speeds... into... (yes folks you guessed it!) a yellow Cat 446D backhoe.

Needless to say, Erwin, the scientist, looks very surprised...."heh... anyone know how to use this thing?"

One of the Aeon security guys looks over and rushes to the backhoe and starts it rumbling without really questioning how it got there. It moves a few feet and starts sputtering... then stops suddenly, refusing to turn over again. The security guy shouts, "We need some fuel for this thing to run!"

Mandy stares in stupefaction as the backhoe materializes and the oak door disappears, but as the novas and Aeon team jumps in to remove the rubble she quickly joins in, ignoring her designer suit, she too, starts pulling off the rubble she can remove.

Jimmy's new vision spots something. Flying swiftly down to David, he lands next to him.

"Think I found him, keep digging!", he grunts as he starts tearing away huge chunks of rubble. Raising his voice, he yells out. "Over here, people!"

((Activating Lifter))

"Dr. McCord!" Mandy yells as she rushes towards the hardworking novas, aware that she is useless at removing the rubble, she veers off to fetch the closest first aid box, mumbling a prayer while she runs.

Heather yells from above, "Everyone get the hell out of there unless you can handle molten rock. It's the quickest way to move it!" She centers herself over the rubble and prepares to melt it waiting for the others to move.

Heather yells from above, "Everyone get the hell out of there unless you can handle molten rock. It's the quickest way to move it!" She centers herself over the rubble and prepares to melt it waiting for the others to move.

Gabriel his fists clenched, suddenly angry, looks up, the blue flames burning around his hands get brighter, and he yellss at Heather, "It was you, wasn't it! Hold it right there!" Pointing his right hand at Heather he says, "You start melting rock, I start putting holes in you, understand?"

[Q-Attune on, FF on, if Heather uses her powers (other than flight) Gabriel Q-bolts her]

You're gonna' turn the rock molten on top of the trapped guy? Are you nuts lady?",,

Heather turns an looks at the most convienient of the Mikes and says, "That may well be true that I am mentally deficient, or nuts, but I know my husband well enough to be CERTAIN that he will have little to no ill effects from the heat."

::blink

She drops a little while talking to the Mike. Preparing to blast the rubble to a liquid state.

"It was you, wasn't it! Hold it right there!" Pointing his right hand at Heather he says, "You start melting rock, I start putting holes in you, understand?"

"Just because you possibly can...." Heather makes the quote sybol with her fingers a la Dr Evil as she says, "Put holes in me". "Doesn't mean that you have or that you are going to. I've already explained to you at length why I was at that damned garage and that I didn't do anything to your friend's house. Now if you will excuse me, I am trying to save the man I love and the only person here that I would readily give my life to save. So put holes in me if you must, but my husband WILL survive this and if you want to try and kill him by delaying it you might want to look at your values, because you accuse me of trying to kill people and then do the same yourself, that sounds hippocritical to me, executioner. I have already warned people so that no one gets hurt and yet in your omnicient mind you determine that I am the anti-christ or something. I have wasted enough time and breath trying to explain myself to you." Heather looks up to see how many are still in or near the rubble. "I said MOVE DAMNIT" ::angry

Martha, horrifed by the very thought of facing molten lava again, races over the confrontation, signaling a 'time out' with her hands.

Uh, excuse me, miss? Did it occur to you that there still might be other people under the rubble who maybe aren't fire resistant?

Matt & Matt-Clone say "Why don't" (awkward pause then one of them says)

"Let's try something less violent. I'll turn it into nothing."

Matt-Clone snaps his fingers & zaps the rubble in that area. (Destruction technique).

The other Matt says, "You shouldn't use fire near a place like this. If there were any gas lines they have been ruptured."

Martha, horrifed by the very thought of facing molten lava again, races over the confrontation, signaling a 'time out' with her hands.

Uh, excuse me, miss? Did it occur to you that there still might be other people under the rubble who maybe aren't fire resistant?

"Aw shucks, you DO care! Don't worry baby, I'm right here."

Lance looks around

"Oh, I think the others are too...except for the Volcano's betrothed, of course. Y'know, Gabe has a point about the girl. Melting rocks on the dawgs houssse. 'Step away, I'll melt the rocks with my rock melting powers.' Quite a coincidence, don't ya think?"

::blink Mandy appears stunned, standing behind the assembled group clutching a white first aid kit.

Huffing and puffing slightly, "Please, Mrs. Fox! We can't be sure everyone's out of the debri! We'll get him out in short order, just let the other novas continue digging. If it takes too much longer we'll reconsider your solution." Trying valiantly to ignore the other novas' anger, she slowly edges closer to Heather. "Will you give us a chance to remove him without danger to others, ma'am? I know you are worried and want him safely in your arms now, but please give us a chance to remove him without injuring anyone else." ::confused

"Let's try something less violent. I'll turn it into nothing."

Matt-Clone snaps his fingers & zaps the rubble in that area. (Destruction technique).

Matt snaps his fingers and large section of concrete rubble looks as if it bursts, the pieces fading into nothingness leaving ALOT less rubble... (And I'm sure he was careful not to destruct a place covered in people...)

The other Matt says, "You shouldn't use fire near a place like this. If there were any gas lines they have been ruptured."

The AS science personel having backed off already after the comment by Heather, seemingly agree with this statement. Aaron can be seen running to one of the other buildings (for who knows what reason)...

"Will you give us a chance to remove him without danger to others, ma'am? I know you are worried and want him safely in your arms now, but please give us a chance to remove him without injuring anyone else."

Some of the newly exposed front of cement starts shaking slightly, occationally sliding down the front on it's own. Extremely hot air and dust rapidly blow out of the cracks, then suddenly it all stops. The rubble, which had almost taken on a life of its own for a few brief seconds.. seems almost completely dead.

...he was careful not to destruct a place covered in people...
Destruction can't hurt living creatures. Concrete disintegrates, flesh doesn't.

Matt-Clone keeps disintegrating the area above where the buried man is supposed to be.

The other Matt climbs out of the area and comments, "I can't help him, the other Matt I mean. Odd, both of us can fly or do other things at the same time. But here he is burning through so much energy that I can't do the same.

Speaking of which, we are burning through energy at a really high rate. Unless someone is willing to donate some this is going to come to a halt real quick."

Some of the newly exposed front of cement starts shaking slightly, occationally sliding down the front on it's own. Extremely hot air and dust rapidly blow out of the cracks, then suddenly it all stops. The rubble, which had almost taken on a life of its own for a few brief seconds.. seems almost completely dead.

Mandy gasps at blast then seems to stop breathing while she waits anxiously for Matt to make it through the rubble. Glancing warily up at Heather, she stands back and to the side hoping that the man beneath rubble has the strength to hold on til they get to him. ::confused

Archived