Aberrant: Quantum Zero - QZ - game mechanics

Asbjørn

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hm. I dunno, Knave, I think you need to cut the poor guy some slack. He just lost his best friend, and he's under a lot of stress.  ::sad Besides, Thunderbolt kept saying he wanted to go right now...  ::tongue
Exactly. He's also going through enough juice that he might have to wait long enough for Alex to get to his phone mail? ::pray

He's also going through enough juice that he might have to wait long enough for Alex to get to his phone mail?

Um. I dunno. ::unsure I suppose that depends on how fast Samurai can run, how badly he wants to get to the FSS ::sly , and how much Alex wants to impress Mani... ::wub Also, he hasn't used up as much juice as you might think. ::innocent

Thanks phoenix. ::biggrin If it helps any, the guy irrates me too sometimes... ::brick

Hm. I dunno, Knave, I think you need to cut the poor guy some slack. He just lost his best friend, and he's under a lot of stress. sad.gif Besides, Thunderbolt kept saying he wanted to go right now... tongue.gif

I know! I know! And he is consistantly and well played - it's just the case that every time someone asks him for help he more or less ends up handing over a gun and saying 'Here! **** yourself with this! It's raspberry flavoured!' ::unsure ::owned

Yeah, well, a character who always tries to do what he thinks is right is bound to be tragically flawed... ::biggrin I recall a Lawful Good Paladin in a D&D game refusing to let the rest of the party loot the dragon's horde after killing it, 'cause it had died there, and it would be desecrating its resting place... ::rolleyes

So will T2M...
This would be why T2M novas aren't supposed to go into battle unless they have a 2:1 numeric advantage (although it was in character for her (or Pax) to do so... and without Path's move she would have won).
So prof ow much damage does a few tonnes of sand do? I'm just currious as to the mechanics used.
I'm going to go out on a limb here.

It didn't need to do any damage (although the fall might have hurt). Standard flight doesn't work through water (or sand). She got buried, she fell, the bear killed her.

Murder? ::confused

That's so baseline ::wink

Actually Glacier woulda been the one doing the murdering...and Terry isn't feeling too much pity at the moment considering Psyche almost made him kill Pathfinder when he never intended to kill her (he'd been trying to knock her out..)

But what impressed him is the awesome use of a power...

Terry nods drowsily as sweat drips down his temples and the sheen of his black uniform dims somewhat (uses stored quantum points in EUfiber). Psyche's body limply lifts in the air and darts towards Terry and the warp.

Okay - Terry can't actually see Psyche's body (if you recall it was Glacier who spotted her) to start with - just a pile of sand with a disipating cloud of sand on top of that.

Also - what's he using those QP to do? If it's Telekinesis, then he can move something at at maximum rate of 10 meters per turn - & Psyche dropped 70 meters away from PathFinder's portal.

Remember the incoming Pax bit? Is Terry honestly spending the time to search for a body then levitate it across to the portal? Presuming PathFinder can even keep it open that long? It'll take Terry a couple of turns to sprint to the portal himself...

I know these things can get a bit confused, but I was trying to convey a sense of urgency with the whole 'World's most powerful Nova coming to kick your head in' thing...

Between PathFinder saying that Pax would arrive in 'less than a minute' & her forming a portal back to the Blackburn there's been about 42 seconds. How much more time is Terry willing to spend before he uses the exit?

Okay - Terry can't actually see Psyche's body (if you recall it was Glacier who spotted her) to start with - just a pile of sand with a disipating cloud of sand on top of that.

Also - what's he using those QP to do? If it's Telekinesis, then he can move something at at maximum rate of 10 meters per turn - & Psyche dropped 70 meters away from PathFinder's portal.

Remember the incoming Pax bit? Is Terry honestly spending the time to search for a body then levitate it across to the portal? Presuming PathFinder can even keep it open that long? It'll take Terry a couple of turns to sprint to the portal himself...

I know these things can get a bit confused, but I was trying to convey a sense of urgency with the whole 'World's most powerful Nova coming to kick your head in' thing...

Between PathFinder saying that Pax would arrive in 'less than a minute' & her forming a portal back to the Blackburn there's been about 42 seconds. How much more time is Terry willing to spend before he uses the exit?

Ahh, k, I thought she fell on the sand mound after Glacier knicked her.

It'll take Terry a couple of turns to sprint to the portal himself...

Really? K..

All better now.

Just want to make sure I understood what just happened...

Mind racing the Nova vigilante quickly calculates that everything he's witnessed would be, theoretically, possible with the current level of cutting-edge technology in the world. He just finds it hard to conceive of any government or military group which would be prepared to shell out the, frankly, insane amount of money it would cost to equip what are essentially infantry in such a sophisticated manner. On the other hand, very few people other than government or military groups would have access to such levels of technology.

and this:

As for their level of co-ordination, the idea of military training & a closed-channel sub-vocal radio link springs into his mind as an alternate to telepathy or a hive-mind... He also recalls that he didn't really surprise them with his attack - as they were looking at him when he pulled & threw his grenades. Advanced body armour could brush aside the concusion grenade's force, & sound & light dampners could easily cope with the flash-bang.

I'm assuming this means that The Stranger thinks the most likely option, based on what he knows, is that the Templar soldiers are very well-trained soldiers equipped with cutting-edge, no, make that bleeding-edge technology. And, based on that supposition, it's also likely that they are government or military funded. Did I read that right?

Then this part:

He also surmises that, if they are robots, then they are vastly beyond any technological capabilities he's heard of in the modern world.

Which to me, again supports the conclusion that it pretty unlikely they're actually robots.

That's fine by me...I think I let ol' Stranger's conspiracy-addled brain run off with his imagination in that last post.

A well-equipped military-trained cadre of medieval ninjas is obviously more likely than robots, after all. ::wink ::laugh

Well - the game setting being what it is, we can't rule anything out... But The Stranger is smarter than both of us, so yeah - he doubts that the telepathic robots idea is gonna' pan out much... ::tongue ::wink

What he thinks is that they seem to be wearing tech-based armour & using tech-based equipment which is feasible, but hard to get hold of & expensive. They could be anyone under the suits, but they appear to have military or para-military style training. Beyond that it's anyone's guess. Maybe Interface has been using his 'create anything' powers to whip-up suits of hi-tech armour on the side? Who knows?

Yeah - they could be telepathic robots, or Novas, or anything else, but he's seen nothing to suggest that they have to be.

Archived