Aberrant: Quantum Zero - QZ - game mechanics

Asbjørn

Wow. ::blink I've never been shut down by someone before even making my pitch to them. ::brick ::huh

Verse grins, "Excellent. I'm doing this job through standard DVNTS channels, and it's all set, just waiting for you to sign on. You should hang up now, I need to stay on the line and wait to see if Alex answers. We could really use the DMD on this one. "

Over the course of the Verse’s conference conversation, Alex’s expression and tone of voice morphs from disapproval to somewhere between shocked and appalled.

?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow. I've never been shut down by someone before even making my pitch to them.

I have. ::glare ::wink

Terry turns his eyes on Pathfinder, face a mask of hatred as he extends a hand towards the floating Glacier and pulls it, and Glacier, in her direction.

"Die!"

Welcome to the "Too Frigging Crazy To Tell Friend From Foe" Team. We're winning! ::superfunny

Sorry guys, I was working off of:

DVNTS:

Back in his bungalow, as he silently curses his senses of chivalry and humor, Verse takes out his cellphone and hits the speed-dial setting for DMD, the conference button, and the speed-dial setting for Lodestone. As their two phones ring on the line, he waits for either one of them to answer. At the same time, he gets on the OpNet, and sets in motion a process he set up as soon as he got back from Chad, that of arranging for the funds and authorizations for a small team of DVNTS elites to help him retrive his eufiber suit.

I'll edit it so that Alex turned his phone off.

Has there been anything in QZ-Downtime about Terats killing t2m members or 2 t2m members getting killed? (Montoya Bernal and uh..firefly? the girl Eel squeezed) Just wondering, haven't had time to read...wondering why nothing's been out on that yet...you'd think that be big news...or are we assuming the news is out?

Just wanna know if Terry's implicated in anything...

No news on that at all. Eventually people will start to ask questions which can't be answered - 'Hey, wonder why we haven't seen the leader of T2M-Am in the last few weeks?' - but right now there have been no announcements, & the media don't seem to even suspect anything's happened.

You mean Terats can just keep killing members of T2m without fear of public backlash?

Depends if they do it in the back garden of the guy who owns a good heft of the world's media or not I'd say... ::sly

And this... thing you want to stick in my head? You said that its primary purpose was to scramble telepaths reading our minds.

Better get your facts straight before you start an argument like that, Prince. ::wink What he said was

a nifty little thingamabob which can be used for secure communication & helps to scramble the ability of people like PathFinder to read you like open books

While Mike may be shielded against mental attacks, I haven't seen him solve the primary problem, that of secure communication...

Better get your facts straight before you start an argument like that, Prince.  What he said was

Umm, what you should have said was 'Mike better get his facts straight...". I read the Prof's post at least three times before making mine, so I did have the facts straight. That said, Mike purposefully left that out because it didn't support his argument (I know, people never do that in real life...).

While Mike may be shielded against mental attacks, I haven't seen him solve the primary problem, that of secure communication...

While you haven't seen him do it, Mike definately can affect a means of secure communication on his own, and Masters knows that. Besides, if it's just secure comms, why would it need to be implanted?

He gauges their reaction.  *Right, mate - you don't seem to be in immanent danger of anal probing from this bunch of sorry looking mooks.*

[...]

He waves and feebly, and trots off after Maelfius.  "Oi!  Maelf?!  Wot the bleedin' 'ell's going on mate?"

And he's back! ::ninja ::samurai ::pimpin

If only those japanese fans could get a glimpse of Guy's mind...

Terry has a pretty powerful bolt but he never manages to hurt anybody (baselines don't count..:P) I think he may have subconcious terat sympathies preventing him from hurting fellow novas....

Well he hurt Psyche both times he hit her with it - thought I'd described that - sorry if it wasn't clear... ::unsure

Unless, of course, you really mean 'he never manages to take anyone out with a single shot' which, thankfully, is true... ::sly

Archived