Aberrant: Stargate Universe - A Night of Kiki Nass [Fin]

Forge

"Yes. You are up on the Men's team. We are the colors, so you need to sink the solid colored balls. You have played pool before right?" Caine questions.

A sinking feeling came over him. Sure the boy had natural ability, but if he was clueless in the game ... things would become difficult.

"Step up and try your best Jaunt. Take it easy and you'll do fine."

It wasn't about the winning suddenly. It was about having fun. Caine felt himself react. Tonight was going to be good.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Declan heard an automatic flush from one of the urinals behind him and the tread of cowboy boots behind him as the man moved unsteadily toward the sink next to him. The man didn't really pay much attention to himself but Dec suddenly realized that his sunglasses were not on.

Meanwhile out on the floor the pool game was starting to draw a little bit of a crowd, not because of any thing unusual about the players but because of the women and the men. Both seemed to be garnering a fair amount of interest.

Ahh shit. Declan groped for his shades with one hand, his face still immersed in the water. Eyes closed, he raised his head and slipped his Raybans into place without looking, heedless of the water streaming down his front. Grabbing a handful of paper towels, he quickly dried himself as best he could, turning away from the other man as he finished with his eyes.

"Too durned hot for you?" the large man in the cowboy boots asked him drunkenly. Dec glanced his way, shades back in place, and nodded.

"Somethin' like that, yeah." He turned and made his way back out into the bar, white t-shirt soaked through in the front and his shaggy hair still dripping wet. Seeing Jaunt still in play, the Sgt. slid back into his chair next to Olivia. He noticed the crowd around the table was getting thicker, the regulars becoming more and more interested in these newcomers.

Olivia was thinking - fast. She did it well, now, her thoughts moving faster than they had any right to. Declan's eyes had been dilated, as if he'd been doing drugs. The only thing she'd ever seen his eyes do was constrict - he dropped under her zat blast as electricity poured through her body - and that was in combat situations.

Something was wrong. Thankfully, Declan had Olivia to figure it out.

He came back, ghosting out of the crowd with a sopping wet shirt and hair. She blinked, the game and Vinny's bet forgotten. "Declan," she breathed, her voice concerned. She pressed one hand to his wet shirt - and the built chest under it - while pinching some hair between her fingers with her free hand. It was all wet, and a quick sniff confirmed it was water. "What's wrong? What happened?"

Although not is sport Jaunt looked about the table. Didn't seem too hard, and hey, there was a crowd gathering. Might as well show how augmented humans do things.

He leaned over the table to line his shot, then stood back up clutching his shirt to his chest. "Quit looking down my shirt, don't think I don't see you eying my deliciousness." He grinned and wiggled his brow a few times. "I'm not just an object you know... I have feelings."

He leaned back down and let the cue ball fly, his hyper-dexterous aim sent the ball exactly where he wanted it to go, into the corner pocket and the impact sent the cue backward along the edge of the table where it rolled to a slow halt just after tapping another into the side pocket.

He found himself in the same situation Kyria did with nothing really open for him to shoot at without him getting like 'Watch-Me-Overcompensate-For-My-Tiny-Penis Perault' and dropping serious augmented mojo on the table...

That and and he had no abilities that would help him sink billiard balls.

"Hey, this game's kinda easy..." He grinned.

Olivia got a partial answer literally a moment or two after she laid a hand on Declan's chest. He couldn't help it. Despite the cooling off, despite the welcome chill of his wet hair and shirt, despite the remonstrations with himself... as soon as Livy's hand pressed against him, her fingers touched his hair, and he saw her dark eyes peering up at his shades, his heartrate spiked from the mid-point it had settled to, the waning arousal he had experienced picking up again.

*ba - bump, ba - bump, ba-bumpbabumpbaBUMPBABUMPBABUMP* Livy blinked: to her it felt like Dec was going into cardiac arrest or something. A human heart shouldn't beat THAT fast or that strong, she was sure. But he didn't look unwell. He stiffened a little as she touched him, but that was all.

Dec gently took Livy's wrist and moved it off his chest, looking away for a moment. "I'm fine, Livy. Just... uh... havin' some troubles here. Don't want to lose it, but you... uh..." He glanced back at her and flushed slightly, a sad smile on his face. "You make it hard for a guy." he told her quietly without any realisation of the double entendre there. "Lookin' nice like that, I mean. I think that thing in my head is gettin' confused, and that's not good."

The crowd was still growing as more regulars came in and inevitably the area around the pool tables got more crowded as a result. If it weren't for the eye candy that both the ladies and men were presenting with their supermodel good looks, some people might have become restless waiting for the players at the table to get a move on so others could take a turn. But with the sights and the freely flowing beer things were pretty happy in the room. A big friendly cowboy standing next to Vinny nudged him in the ribs and made a gesture toward Olivia, "That there is one mighty fine little heifer! I'd ride her like a bull if ya know what I mean."

Now she felt guilty. Crap. One free, surgery-free boob job and she was acting like those flirty bimbos she'd hated in college. If she wasn't so upset, she'd have laughed bitterly at herself. "Be careful who you hate, you might someday become them..."

She shook her head in denial of his statement, not because she had any reason to, but because he was the broken-winged bird again, and all she wanted was to scoop him up and fix it for him. "No, no," she said, her mind racing, fighting to find a way to give him hope, to leave him with something that he could cherish other than fighting. "No... it's different. Your eyes weren't constricted, they went the other way, dilated."

Over at the pool table, Jaunt's antics were unnoticed by Olivia as she struggled with the puzzle. Declan still had her wrist in his hand, and the warmth of his hand on her skin, along with his soft admission, was causing a slight increase in her own heart rate. She was suddenly aware that they were in public, and that everyone could be watching. If Vinny sees this, I'll just die, and she glanced at him just to see the cowboy pointing her out to him. Thankfully, she wasn't paying attention to what he said at the moment, so no one died.

"Don't worry about the game," she said, "I'll figure it out. But after the mission, when we have some free time, I want to work with you on this situation. I don't think it's as dire as you think." She wasn't going to pull away from him, not when he was already unsure of her reception. So she just paused and added, "And I need my wrist back, please."

Vinny watched Olivia's exchange with Beast, jealousy rearing its ugly head as Vinny's face flushed red.

Originally Posted By: Mr Fox
A big friendly cowboy standing next to Vinny nudged him in the ribs and made a gesture toward Olivia, "That there is one mighty fine little heifer! I'd ride her like a bull if ya know what I mean."

Vinny turned toward the redneck, his face scrunched around the ever-present cigar.

"What the fuck you'd say asswipe?"

"I said I wouldn't mind a roll in the hay with that there hussy." The cowboy retorted pulling up to his full height, nearly eye level with Vinny.

"That's is...unfortunate." Vinny said in restraint, slowly taking his cigar out of his mouth and putting it out on the bottom of his boot.

As Vinny rose up from putting out the cigar, he suddenly swung the nearly empty bottle of vodka up as hard as he could, shattering it against the cowboy's chin and throwing him back into the crowd that had gathered around to watch pool.

Fuckin' ass-tard.

In any crowded bar, no matter the year, be it 1860, 1908, or 2004, a punch thrown is all it takes.

The guy Vinny sent into slumber land, (and eventually to the emergency room) bumped into a guy on the way down. Like a falling domino hitting another, that man in turn spilled his drink all over another cowboy, who took offense and without waiting to see the cause sent a right hook into the face of the man who had just ruined his shirt. By the forth or fifth domino the ruckus had begun to escalate toward a full on bar fight. Chairs were flying, pool cues swinging, kicks, punches, elbows. Noses and ribs were broken, along with the jaw of the offending cowboy who had made the unfortunate remark, and that just the people damage.

((No need for rolling unless you guys intend to fight each other, since these are all unarmed baselines you can feel free to narrate.))

Olivia yelped when the sound of glass-shattering rang through the bar. Instinctively, she crouched behind Declan, putting him between her and the commotion. He was the one who always saved her - when he wasn't hunting her.

As Declan moved to assess the threat, hands grabbed Olivia from behind. She started to shriek, but a hand clamped over her mouth as a vicious jerk on her hair tumbled her backwards on her ass. Flat on her back, she blinked upward, unable to see who to strike in the dark. Someone knelt over her, half-landing on her thigh, bringing tears to her eyes. A husky female voice slurred, "I've had my eye on you all night, brown sugar."

She'd been thinking about how to handle this, trained with Declan, and her body knew what to do. As a head leaned down toward her face, Olivia felt at that head blindly. Lipsticked, beer-sodden lips found hers just as she found her assailant's eye. She shoved her thumb into the soft fleshy tissue, and liquid splashed down on her as a woman screamed. "Get off me!" Olivia screamed.

Lt. Jacobs had heard of a place that served alcohol that most of the base personnel went to, occasionally, called Kiki Nass. As he approached he could hear sounds of loud music, and loud people. When he got closer he could her the sound of glass breaking, and the meaty thuds of impacts. He quickly made his way to the doors and looks inside. He sees the raging barfight, and moves quickly inside, extending his senses outward, trying to sense all the movement around him. He almost dances around the combatants, and makes his way to the bar. Lt. Jacobs smiles and flags down the ducking bartender. Mark orders a bottle of Sam Adams, as the fight rages on around him. He calmly makes his way to a corner table that hadn't been broken in the fighting, dodging the drunken cowboys and others involved in the fight.

Click to reveal..
Spending 2 quantum. Activating Physical prodigy and Ultraperipheral perception.

Kyria jumped at the sound of violence, her first reaction to grab the nearest combatants and pull them apart. This wasn't her world and she was pretty sure that the general would frown on a news story about a teen girl manhandling multple cowyboys in bar fight.

She pondered what to do while staying deftly out of the way of the combatants, then yelled at the top of her lungs.

"COPS!"

The loud shout of "COPS!" did it's job. A number of people just flat out stopped what they were doing and made hasty moves toward the exits, while others stopped what they were doing and tried to look innocent, but really looked more guilty for the attempt. Still, another handful made no move to stop but kept right on brawling. Fortunately they were a minority of about 10 or so too drunk or angry to care. The rest of the patrons of Kiki Nass did their best to get out of the way.

Gwyn saw Olivia get grabbed and moved to help, but too late to save her assailant. As she reared back screaming with her hands to her he swept an arm around her and threw her across the room to land on a couple of the nearby brawlers. He continued with the movement to spin back to Olivia, plucking her off the ground and depoisiting her onto the pool table before turning back to block access to the pool area to the continuing fighters.

"Dec, perimeter!" he calls, hoping that the Sgt gets his intention. With the group in the corner playing pool there was an obvious obstruction to others trying to get to the group and 2 or 3 of the SGers should be able to block anyone from trying to get to the others.

Vinny saw Olivia get tossed up on the pool table by Fancy Boy after her bout with Patricia...Patrick...?

This is gettin' fuckin' crazy, time to beat feet.

Vinny moved to snag Olivia off the table, and coiled one arm around her middle, dodging a falling Airman as he went.

"Time we were going Olivia."

Vinny kept an arm around her as he led/pushed her down a hall and through a door into the kitchen. Olivia barely had time to try and protest before she was tasting the sweet cold air of outside.

I put someone's eye out without thinking or anything just done it and it was all of mom's predictions coming true and i was just hurting people just reacting-

Gwyn put her on the table, and Olivia grabbed for the light, burning her fingers as she sought balance on the table.

There was stuff sticking to her face. Nearly in tears, she pawed at it, wavering on the felt and heels. Gedditoff!

Another arm, thick and strong, looped around her and she was being carried away. Even Vinny's voice couldn't dampen her panic. She could feel it on her face, even after she was on her feet and herded out the door.

There, the night air helped, just a bit. She was still rubbing, she could still feel it. It took one word in her head - eye-juice - and Olivia shoved away from Vinny just enough to bend over and vomit. The eye the eye i put out the eye. She leaned over and gagged again, dribbling tears and snot with bile. And she could still feel it!

His heartrate was already up, from Olivia's proximity and his own reaction to it. When glass shattered though, the Doctor saw Perault's eyes over his shades change from sexy dilation to not-at-all attractive pinpricks a second before he whirled.

He saw the large cowboy-looking dude falling away from Vinny. Saw the man's friends surge to their feet, saw drinks spill and angry faces contort, some looking at him and Olivia and moving to take advantage of the general melee. One had snatched up a poolcue and was already swinging it what had been the back, but now was the front of Dec's head as another man tried to bury him in a rush. Arenaline dumped into his system, and his last conscious thought was part-scornful, part-despairing.

Stupid.

He stepped into the rushing man in a whirl of movement, spinning around him in a weaving blur and sending the man crashing into two men besetting Caine with a single palm strike that shattered ribs like they were glass. He saw/felt Olivia getting grabbed behind him, but the immediate threat was the cue still slo-mo arcing towards him, though headed for his shoulder now. The man's face was twisted in a strange mask of glee in that syrup-slow moment, haveing not yet registered the truth of his 'victim'.

The smacking sound of the blunt end of the cue hitting Dec's palm was lost in the general melee. This wasn't sparring. His teammates were under threat. He saw a man coming up to grab Kyria, two buddies close behind him. Caine was still under attack by the two men he'd sent stumbling. Jones was struggling to maintain the perimeter. Olivia was bringing her thumb up to gouge her female assailant, and and the hard-wired killer that overlaid Declan Perault's soul knew dimly that the Sergeant owed these people, liked some of them, tolerated others: but they were all HIS people.

Threats to HIS people were to be terminated.

The pool cue was wrenched from the drunkard's hand and it's momentum reversed in a spin that cracked against the side of the man's head with enough force to knock him sideways. Another spin as Declan turned, and the cue was flying like a spear, blunt-end first, straight into the solar plexus of the man about to grab hold of Kyria. He turned towards Olivia, but she had already efficiently dealt with her attacker and, pawing at the gunk on her hand and face, was being hoisted onto the table by Jones.

A man pulling a knife, going for Jaunt of all people at the same time as another woman leapt for Jones' back fingers ready to claw at his face. Dec didn't even hesitate, his reflexes more than up to the two threats highest on his priority list. A booted foot swung up then down onto the woman's shoulder, splintering it with a crackling sound, and following his momentum the Sgt. plucked a pool ball from the table and launched it sidearm right into the face of the knife wielder, sending him hurtling into a nearby table with a crash of breaking wood and glass.

Vinny grabbed Olivia, getting her to safety. Caine had two men down and was backing towards the knot of SG specials around the pool table, fighting defensively. The bloodthirsty amongst the regulars realised that this strange assortment of people were more of a challenge than the regular crowd, and decided to focus on them. Probably not the best of ideas, but beer and machismo make for poor judgement.

Dec wasn't even thinking now, or rather he was, but on a heightened plateau of angles and kill-zones, threat and counter-threat on a speed that made a supercomputer seem retarded. He moved into the melee with a lethal elbow-kick-knee spinning combination that launched one man into two more, shattered the bones of another's knee, and dropped a third with what would likely turn out to be a ruptured stomach. Every blow swung at him became an invitation to pain and injury, every step brought the hard-wired, cold-eyed murder machine into position to neutralise another threat with chilling brutality. Perault was fists, feet, stiffened fingers, head and elbows as he danced, taking the fight into the crowd like a reaper wielding his scythe against the corn.

Gwyn saw Dec go onto the attack and his heart sank, his immediate thought being simply 'Oh shit!' Blocking and picking up the next person who tried to attack him Gwyn shouted above the noise "Subdual only, NO Deaths!" before through the roaring cowboy he had over his head back at two of the cowboy's friends.

Less proficient and taking more care Gwyn was slower at taking his targets down, but down they went with a variety of broken arms, bruised solar plexi and stunning kicks to the head.

Jaunt still hadn't learned control yet. Once the action started every one of his punches was unfortunately laced with super powered force. Every cowboy or serviceman that approached with something to prove ended up needing thousands of dollars in dental work, he was ruining lives tonight, and not even thinking twice about it.

Despite the action thought he was wading into the crowds looking for the next target, he seemed to moving through them and only attacking those who came after him first, which in a bar fight was a bit gray area.

"Kyria!" He shouted, placing his elbow clean into some soldiers junk after a ninja-esque duck of the left hook he man swung at him. She didn't need this kind of drama and Jaunt thought it'd be nice to follow Vinny's lead and get the 'ladies' to safety.

He approached her in all the chaos... she wasn't fighting, he was trying to stop it. It impressed him a bit, she was certainly a better person than him, of this he was sure. "Hey! Kyria... c'mon it's prolly best he Gee Tee Ef Oh right about now. Thanks for the invite though, but I swear, if I ever work up the courage to ask you out on a date, I'm so picking the place. This is nuts!" Even in the middle of a 'war' Jaunt still had jokes.

Glass flew off in all directions as some redneck jive turkey hombre decided to smash a pitcher over the yuppies head. The impact dropped Jaunt to his knees, he wasn't used to taking the the hits, just dishing them out, and in his talking to Kyria, let his guard down.

The blood was already flowing down the back of his neck and seeping into his shirt. Anger gripped the young man's emotions as he stood up and spun on his heels all in one motion as his natural agility carried him right up into the Airman's face. Poor guy was just caught in the moment, and once he realized what he'd done and saw the blood he was already apologetic, but it was too late. His hands slammed into the Airman's chest pushing him away from both himself and Kyria.

The newly enlisted man took off like a rocket propelled by an unseen force, he toppled everyone directly behind him cutting a path on the chaotic dance floor all the way to the bar, which barely broke their momentum. Jaunt stood there, his vision still a bit blurry but certainly clear enough to see what he did. Like Moses he stood there looking at the great part he'd just placed through the Redneck Sea...

"Oops." was about all he could say.

Click to reveal..

(Jaunt) rolls Might (pushing someone away) 9d10 and gets 5,2,10,1,8,10,9,1,9.

(Jaunt) rolls 2d10 (Rerolling 10s) and gets 3,10.

(Jaunt) rolls 1d10 (Rerolling 10s)and gets 9.

Total = [5]+7 Successes. 12 Total.

Fox is going to kill me... bash

Once he was clear of the two who jumped his back, there were two more in front of him and there wasn't Declan there to help him out now. He brought one down with a stomp to the foot and an uppercut to the chin. He saw Vinny running out with Olivia, hesitated and took a blow to his chest. He rolled with it.

A chop to the collarbone dropped the last man close to him. Time to make some order out of this chaos. Kyria was shouting police and it was time to bolt. The General wouldn't appreciate all the carnage that had been brought. Jaunt had done some epic Out of Bounds activity with his suspendous throw. Too bad this wasn't combat.

"Air Force! We are LEAVING! NOW!"

His voice held the iron of command.

Click to reveal..

Spending a Willpower: (12:03:51) ChatBot: (Adrian) rolls 10d10 and gets 3,5,5,1,3,10,5,1,7,5 = 3 successes total

"Dec, tail end charlie. No one left behind."

He saw the to kids still around the bar.

"Jaunt, you on point. Marshal us a way out of here, but keep it wrapped tight. Kyria help me with these other airmen."

He grabs up a dazed airmen from the ground and puts an arm around his waist to help him along.

Damn Lt. Wright. I'm going to chew him a new one for this, and Olivia better come back to us no muss and no fuss.

Gwyn spots Jaunt at the end of the opening in the crowd and densing up brushes past the few intervening people to grab his jacket and crash on the way to take Jaunt by the shoulder and start moving him towards the doors after the others. "Come on kid, lets Foxtrot Oscar before the MP's get here."

He keeps hold of him the whole way out.

Click to reveal..

Going Dense up to 800kg and 8B Soak, with M-STR2, this should be enough to brush through/past people and get Jaunt moving without him jaunting back into more trouble...

Kyria watched the chaos around her, her heart sinking as she realized that most of the novas in the room really hadn't gotten how much more powerful they were than the baselines around them. Declan was already in combat mode and Jaunt was learnig what a lack of control meant for those around him.

Caine's call for a retreat was well and nice, but she didn't know if Declan would hear it. She grabbed up the men the Major had indicated, but her mind was elsewhere. She sent tendrils of thought out through the city looking for the closest minds of a medical bent. She found one, a young EMT on duty for the night, and sent him images of the bar fight. *Don't question this. They need your help. Some of them very badly. Get here as fast as you can and call for other ambulances in the area.*

She let go of his mind as soon as she had the sense from him that he was obeying her. Sighing to herself, she wondered how long the General's lecture/yelling would last this time. I really need to get a cellphone.

She trotted out of the bar, hoisting two unconscious Airmen up by the belts and keeping an eye out to make sure Declan was following with the rest of them.

Click to reveal..

Finidng nearest EMT team: (13:48:30) ChatBot: (Kyria) rolls 5d10 and gets 6,7,8,3,9. 3 total suxx (+1 diffuculty, so effectively 2 suxx).

Putting the thought in their head that a bad fight has broken out and people are really hurt: (13:52:40) ChatBot: (Kyria) rolls 5d10 and gets 9,7,9,1,8. 5 suxx.

A chair-leg swung for his head - Dec's hand came up in a blur, snatching the makeshift weapon away and spinning it in a brutal figure-eight that broke his assailant's head, shoulder and ribcage. Dec was flying, the world crystal-clear to him, full of targets. A final blow to the midsection with the rough club sent the serious injured man to the floor as the sergeant took stock of potential threats.

The SG team were heading for the door. Perault was aware of Caine's orders on a distant level, but they were "fwah-fwah" noises: making no sense to him. He wasn't even curious as to why they were leaving. It simply wasn't a factor. A casual mule-kick to the guts flattened a man who had just been staggering to his feet behind Dec, and the sergeant looked around slowly, face terrifyingly blank.

The former press of attackers lay in a rough circle around him, most out cold, some maybe dying, some of them still moving and trying to crawl away with broken limbs. The roar of the crowd had died now, replaced by fearful silence punctuated by pained groans and crying as those nearest pressed back, trying to get the hell away from the inhumanly calm destroyer. He stood stock still watching them without care: they had no weapons and no obvious intent to attack, therefore they were safe. For now. He had not a mark on him, was not even breathing hard. He didn't seem at all human to the onlookers as he stood there watching them.

A movement behind him: a woman was snatching up a pool cue and holding it defensively, clutching it with frantic hands. He examined her in a split second, judging range, angle of attack and the likelihood of serious threat from her. She was dark-skinned and pretty, eyes wide with terror. He took a step towards her: she was holding a weapon. She shrieked and stumbled away from him, falling and losing her grip on the cue, and Dec stopped moving again as the clacking sound of a round being chambered into a shotgun reached his ears.

"Hold it right there, you fuckin' asshole!" The bartender was frightened and pissed off, having just watched several people who'd been coming here for years go down at the hands of this Spec Forces lunatic. "They're gonna lock you up in the stockade and throw away the key, buddy. On the floor, hands out. NOW!"

Dec considered the situation in a nanosecond. The man was twenty feet away, gun levelled at the sergeant's chest. There was a pool ball on the floor two feet to his left that would serve as a lethal projectile. Without expression, Dec started to kneel...

Caine took in the situation. Declan was taking up the rear and the Major was keeping an eye on him. He saw what went down and how Dec was reacting - instinctual and lethal. The his Sargeant began to kneel down with a shotgun on him. Inwardly he cursed.

Damien leaned the shocky airman against a pole,

"Get yourself out of here, Airman," he whispered.

Now to move fast. Caine took his wallet out and moved diagonally between Declan and the bartender, ID held high.

"I'm Major Caine," he shouted out, "and as I see it, your locals attacked my man. Now, we are walking out of here he'll face discipline for this incident, but he is coming with me."

His eyes drilled into those of the bartender.

"We are leaving now. This is on me. I'm Major Damien Caine."

With his free hand he motioned for Declan to leave.

Click to reveal..

2nd Willpower spent: (18:51:53) ChatBot: (Adrian) rolls 8d10 and gets 5,9,6,2,3,9,10,5 = 4 successes on a Intimidate roll against the Bartender.

Kyria growled out a curse not native to this Earth and unceremoniously dropped the two Airmen she'd been hauling out of the bar near the doorway. She launched herself at Declan, using all the nova strength and dexterity she had to through him off-balance and send them both tumbling away from the potential projectile.

They rolled, Kyria stopping their momentum with a hand to floor, trying to keep the burly soldier pinned to the floor long enough to pull him out of his red haze.

"Declan! It's me, it's Kyria. Do you know who I am? Can you say my name?" She started at a yell, her voice quieting as she quizzed him. As she spoke she also delved into his mind, blocking out the last five or so minutes of violence and chaos in an attempt to return him to a more stable mindframe. *It's alright, Declan. Please, I need you to be calm and listen to me.*

Let this work. I hope no one's dead. If I find out who started this I'm going to give them their own personal hell to live in for a few years.

Click to reveal..
(18:09:40) ChatBot: (Kyria) rolls 5d10 and gets 3,5,3,9,1.

The bartender had two very good reasons to back off. One was the maniac that had injured so many of his regulars. Even being held at gunpoint he had a cold lethal look to him like he wasn't finished dealing out the damage. Then there was the Major. He just flat looked like someone to be obeyed. The bartender pulled his shotgun up and out of line and backed up a few steps. He was scared of both these men, but he still had courage, "I'll be sending you the bill Major. And I'll let the MPs and Police know who to ask." The bartender watched the girl wrestle with the blank faced man and try to get his attention and a look of understanding and sympathy crossed his face. "Damn. I had a friend of mine from nam that had the same problem when he came home. Get him out of here and get that man some help if you can."

He almost attacked her as she launched at him, but some cry from deep under the icy precision of his killing mind checked the lethal Sergeant's response, freezing him for long enough for Kyria to wind up on top of him, her telepathic powers doing their work. He blinked and looked up at her, his pupils returning to normal from their pinprick state. His shades had been knocked loose in the girl's flying tackle and he looked surprised to find her atop him.

"What happened?" his face was confused. "I was talkin' to Livy and then..." he looked to the sides, seeing the wreckage around him and the injured men and women still groaning or lying very still. His face crumpled in despair. "Oh god..."

Seeing the big man's reaction when he came back to himself nearly broke the bar tender's heart. John had been like that too, one of his best friends from High School. He cleared a suddenly constricted throat. "Major, just get your man out of here and get him some help alright? I'll tell the cops I don't know who started it. I'm still sending the bill to the Air Force though!."

"Declan, stay with me." Kyria caught his face in her hands and held him so that he could only look at her. "You've got to function, just a for little a bit. We need to leave, and this wasn't all your fault. You didn't start it. Just keep your eyes on me and do what I say, okay?"

She moved slowly off of him, making sure he really was in control of himself before she gave him room to move away from her. She took one of his hands in hers and began leading him from the bar, past the groaning or unconscious patrons and out to the parking lot. In the distance, sirens were making their way towards them.

Caine nodded,

"Thank you. We are taking him home now. He'll get help. You won't see him here again."

Would anyone ever see him outside of the SGC ever again on this world?

"Specialist, get the Sargeant out of here."

The room was subdued and ... fearful. The extent of the damage was becoming evident. The specials had torn through this room, even the Kid. They wouldn't be back here again. No way, no how.

Then again, O'Neil would chew him a new one for this. No way out of this. Maybe he would be joining Dec in a little holding cell, side by side so they could talk to one another.

Caine cleaned up and evacuted the other airmen. It was important to find enough capable airman to drive the rest back to base. He had to round up his own team and getting them out too. He could hear sirens, but they sounded like ambulances. The cops would be coming soon enough.

He began looking around for his team. Were was Olivia?

He kept his eyes down as he followed Kyria out, the image of the slight teenage girl leading the blood-spattered man like he was a slow child an almost incongruous one to the people who had seen him in action just a few moments before.

As the cool night air hit him he didn't register anything, didn't think about anything except following Kyria's gentle urging into the jeep. He fumbled in his pocket for the keys and handed them to her without looking, his face reflecting his numb depression.

All leave, no problems. Feeling almost human again. Livy, Jones, Caine... I let them all down. O'Neill should take me out back and put a bullet in me. I knew it wouldn't last. I told them all I wasn't safe... God! Where's Livy! Did I...?

He looked up sharply, dread on his features. "Major! Caine! Where's Livy?! Did I hurt her? I was talking to her. She might still be in there hurt!" he started to climb out of the jeep again, looking around the gaggle of Airmen and Specialists in the parking lot.

Originally Posted By: Olivia Jenings-Izumi
There, the night air helped, just a bit. She was still rubbing, she could still feel it. It took one word in her head - eye-juice - and Olivia shoved away from Vinny just enough to bend over and vomit. The eye the eye i put out the eye. She leaned over and gagged again, dribbling tears and snot with bile. And she could still feel it!

Oh, that's just fuckin' pathetic.

"C'mon Olivia," Vinny stated, the sounds of sirens permeating the air, "Shit storm approaches, time for us to go."

He yanked a set of car keys from his pocket and grabbed Olivia as he started heading for a mid-90's Black Ford F-150 further down the backstreet of the bar. One would think that Vinny may have used this escape more than once before. The lights flashed as he used the keyless entry to unlock the doors. Vinny opened the door for Olivia and loaded her in.

"Don't fuckin' puke in my truck." Vinny said as he closed the door.

He had good reason to ask, the interior was exquisite, leather covered most surfaces, rare African woods accenting, and when Vinny loaded in and started the engine, the small LCD display of the stereo lit up.

Without a word, Vinny started driving, winding through the streets of Colorado Springs towards an unknown destination.

Gwyn's response to Jaunt's departure is a simple, soft, "Fair enough." Then as he walks over to his bike he hears Dec's plea for Olivia's condition and runs over to him.

"Dec, look at me. She was fine, you didn't do anything wrong. That arsehole Vinny Wright started the fight and you just responded to being attacked, I'm not even sure you bothered killing anyone, so calm down. We'll find Olivia soon enough, I saw Vinny get her out of the fight. You should be able to remember all this."

He rounds on Kyria, "You're a Telepath aren't you? Have you done something to his memory? If so I would suggest you give it back to him, he needs to know what he did and that it wasn't his fault!"

Caine grinds his teeth. This was double trouble. Vinny had started the fight and Vinny had Olivia. He didn't trust that man. This could be his career and Caine would be the one to crush it.

"Jones, put your bike in my SUV. Well push the seats over. You take it back to base. I'll take Olivia's car with Dec and Kyria -assuming you don't know how to drive, Kyria? I don't want her car left behind and questions asked."

He heads to his SUV (black wouldn't ya know) and starts popping the seats.

"Kyria, get Dec to Olivia's car. I'll be right there."

Kyria shook her head at Gwyn, swallowing her own flash of anger when the culprit of the evening was revealed to her. "Not yet...when need to be somewhere - safer, first."

To Caine, "I never learned to drive, and most of the cars were automated by the time I was born."

She gathered Declan up, ushering him back to Olivia's car, murmuring, "C'mon. Wright is probably taking her back to the base. We'll look when we get there."

Olivia didn't fight; she was not really there. She was in a panicked state, her mind trapped in the memory of the horror she'd just committed. She thought about raising a protest, but it seemed less important than the memory of thrusting her finger into someone's eye. At this point, she was along for the ride...

Continued in Nightcap

As soon as he learned that Olivia was safe, and more to the point that he hadn't hurt her, Dec went passive again. He let Kyria guide him into the car and just sat there dumbly in the back seat, a lethal puppet with it's strings cut.

He wasn't really aware of much else consciously. Car doors slamming, the engine starting up and the car starting to move. He heard Kyria and Caine nearby, but he didn't care. Shouldn't have left the mountain... Shouldn't have relaxed...

With the seats down, Caine tossed the keys to his SUV to Jones. Racing over to Olivia's car, Caine slid into the driver's seat, did some underhanded magic under the dashboard, and the car sprang to life.

"Time to leave," Caine breathed. The car sprang back out into to the mess of other leaving vehicles and they sprang away. They were heading home.

Click to reveal..

Hot-wiring the car(22:30:56) ChatBot: (Adrian) rolls 8d10 and gets 8,1,6,5,9,6,6,8 = 3 successes

Driving the hell out of dodge(22:31:05) ChatBot: (Adrian) rolls 8d10 and gets 6,4,5,10,8,10,7,4 = 4 successes

Archived