Mutants & Masterminds: Future Imperfect - Table-Talk/OOC-Stuff

Joani

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Short Trivia for you all.

Valiant and Will-o-Wisp are globally famous mutants and among the first that died from the virus.

This public service announcement was brought to you by...

Sorry, I got carried away for a moment.

Proceed posting, thanks.

laugh

Originally Posted By: Mr Fox

While he is in the presidents mind telling him these things he will watch for any reaction he has at mention of Mutant Division and if the president knows of it already he will chase down all that he knows.

The President has absolutely no idea/knowledge about the Mutant Division. His first response is to ask Ms. Storm about it.

@Travis&Ronnie - I will close your chapter and join you with the others in chapter 5.

@Kevin - Are you staying or going to London? In the latter case I'll have to open a seperate thread for you. Please let me know soon, so I can wrap up chapters 9. Thanks

alright - thanks for the input Kevin.

@Travis and Ronnie - I moved you two back to the others in Silent Lucidity. I'll give you another day to make your decision (assuming you go with the others) before I wrap up Silent Lucidity and open the new chapter.

Hola everyone,

it has been brought to my attention that the game is lacking.

I was trying to find a way to get the group together but I’m having the impression that the majority of players don’t want that. If the story is not entertaining or challenging enough I need to know so I can adjust but without feedback all I can do is try to move things along the way I planned. It’s just getting a bit frustrating and complicated if you don’t talk with each other.

I’m not sure anymore what you’re looking for in this game so I need some help from your side to make changes if necessary. I’m not trying to force you down a specific road or path even though it looks like I was. Honestly you can pack your stuff and leave that facility and never look back. If that’s how you feel about what your PC would do I’m not going to stop you. I just don’t know if I can run/GM a game with separate PC threads where I entertain each one of you alone (or in small groups of 2 or 3).

I was hoping you’d become better acquainted with each other given the extreme circumstances of the events – you know, forge bonds through a common threat. I wasn’t prepared for a bunch of mercenaries. That’s just how I feel about it. Please tell me what I’m doing wrong here to make it more enjoyable for you. Maybe I have to change the whole format and run this more like an Open World game? Although that’s not what I would like to do.

I'm fine with the game as it has been progressing. If I'm given a chance to continue with my personal plots - figuring out how the hell to resolve the love triangle between her personalities, while another personality is interested in another, and exploring the theme of 'how do you live your life when you live it by committee?' - I'm good. Ronnie's decision to stay will depend on Travis, which is complicated.

I think a better way to divide is to ask: Who wants to save the earth from aliens? Ronnie does, so she'll want to stick with the main plot. If she is pulled from that, she'll try to find another way to fight... somehow.

For those of you who don't want to fight invading aliens, what do you want to do? That's the info Joani needs.

Hope this helps clarify, Joani.

I like the game

Grav wants to go back to teaching more than anything but as she's said IC She'll fight until it's over and then go back to her regular life. The perks of working for the government are great but she really just wants a normal life and knows so long as the Aliens are a threat at all she won't be able to have one.

She's in it to win it now.

I'm somewhat the same way with Siegfried as Dawn is with May. I'd like to explore the themes Jasmine and I set up between the twins, get to know the other characters ICly and in general have fun with the game.

As for plot, while I like world-spanning plot but a personal and complex connection with the other PC's and the adversaries is what makes the game enjoyable for me.

As for staying/leaving the facility, speaking for Sieg, the only other person other than his sister that he's developed any sort of tie/friendship with at all is Sly, so unless Jer (Savannah) has a strong desire to do something else, Sieg will stay at the facility if Sly does.

Tom is in it until the Aliens are gone. After that he just isn't sure yet, he'll have to wait and see how this working for the Government/League goes. He might consider going back on the stage, but given the coverage they have gotten in a different role that could be difficult now... just have to wait and see.

At the moment his main connections within the group are Sly/Morgan and perhaps Grav, having worked with here in the diversion, but I hope to involve him more with the others as things go on.

As soon as Kevin gets finished with the Queen, he'll be coming back to the group to try and rally everyone to finish the fight.

As far as interpersonal relations, I don't really feel as if he's made many. He's really not fulfilled the team role that I had planned for him, but in all honesty it makes sense; he's been a loner/drifter for so long that it's hard to make lasting friendships. Hopefully as time progresses, he'll break down his own walls, and those of the group, and become one of the ones that bonds the group together after the common threat leaves.

Honestly, after the common threat is gone, I could see the game splitting into two groups; those with the gov't, and those who go off to start a Leverage-type organization. I think that'd be fun, though it might drive Joani mad. Of course, once we're 'done' with the aliens, there's likely to be another threat that we have to defend the Earth against. wink

Its a TV Show: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leverage_(TV_series)

For my part I don't have any problems with the game, my recent and continued downturn in posting has nothing to do with the game or your STing ability Joani. I assume (as much as I can) that Travis' amnesia is intimately tied up in the alien's plots and that entire storyline. He himself will refuse to live in the prison (by any other name) that has been set aside for the mutants, nothing you do IC could change his mind and even the others will be hard pressed to convince him that allowing the government to keep them hidden away under lock and key (and surveillance) is a good idea.

I'll try to post as needed while I am away but if you need to stasis lock Travis I understand.

Archived