Mutants & Masterminds: Future Imperfect - Table-Talk/OOC-Stuff

Joani

ok - I will proceed then assuming the team-setup just like Tim posted.

On a personal note - I'm going to be on a night shift for the next week which means I'll be online around 5 pm your time till 1:30 am.

I can't tell how much posting I can get done in between since I still have to figure out the best way to handle this week (when to go to sleep etc.).

This may delay posting from sunday till monday but after that you shouldn't notice much of a difference if not maybe even an improvement since I'm going to have lots of time for posting during the night shift.

3.2 will get an update once I'm at work tomorrow.

Thanks for the support.

Joani

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sly would be listening in on Travis and the Twins per the plan. I need the two teams to be synced up in order to communicate between them. Joani where do the two teams stand right now in terms of time differences? Sly would be telling the twins to have Anna prepared to extract the other team right about now, should things go south.

Sry Fox but I can't do that. This would mean forcing both threads to a limited number of posts to keep them synced and that's something I don't want to impose.

You'll have to trust me to provide you with the information you need at a time I think would be in sync. I call it dramatic editing wink

So currently Sly knows nothing about the situation with Travis' Team but I will let you know soon enough. I prefer that you guys post free away and want to enforce as little 'mechanics' as possible to keep the story rolling. I will keep you up to date with events that would influence anyone's decision - can we agree on that?

Actually Sly is supposed to be 'riding along' in the brains of Travis on his team and the Twins on the other so he should know what's going on with both teams at all times. If he lost contact with Travis he'd try and make contact with one of the others and make sure nothing was going wrong. He can't 'maintain' contact constantly, but he is checking back and forth between the two groups and given what they are in the middle of doing he'd be actively watching Travis' group during their tense moments.

Originally Posted By: Stargaizer
Could we have a 'future fox' and a 'past/present fox' since he's technically in both of them?

Just a thought.

Nope - that's waay too much trouble for me to maintain. I will keep Sly updated as needed. You'll have to trust me on that and I will keep it fair of course. Else I'd be forced to double check each post with continuity and I don't want to do that. Lets keep things less mechanically and more smoothly. Thank you.

--

Me having RL-Issues - Yes - that is the case and I'm really swamped by it. Yet I don't want to let myself get dragged down by it. Posts may be slow for the next week but not completely missing. I'm on vacation right now and I need to recharge my batteries. Life has thrown me a curveball and I'm trying to recover from the strike out.

Thanks for your patience.

Originally Posted By: Stargaizer
Joani, I'm still waiting on what Kevin learned from his Medical roll.

Besides, I thought Travis was supposed to be out for a minute, not like 10 seconds...

Why do I keep missing those details, damn frown

I sent you a PM with details

I put a placeholder in 3.2 guys, I'm sorry I can't do more yet, I have to wait for Joani's response to Simon's analyze weakness, whether it was a botch or not, that's how the twins operate. I don't mean to hold anything up, and Joani said he'd get something to me I think by the time I wake up tomorrow, so I'll post first thing in the morning.

Thanks.

@May - If you want to stay 'on top' of it and holding on to it I opt for a grapple-attack. Depending on your success you can follow through with tearing it apart which would be contested of course wink

@rest - yeah, it's monday and I'm back. I will update FI accordingly and thank you for your patience. I needed the break, though.

I posted both updated and hope I haven't overlooked anything. I'm back to regular business which means I'm online and checking on updates to keep the game running as usual.

I hope you guys are still around and game - the break was involuntarily but necessary. Lets get back to gaming, ok?

Alright - I'm still in the process to find a good solution to resolve combat. As you all surely noticed I've adapted Dawn's "Combat Tracker" thingy. I will make a few other additions to that and try to summarize it as a house rule post. Here the hard facts for you to read in advance.

If anything strikes you odd or rubs you the wrong way please post here so we can discuss it. Thanks.

- Initiative will be rolled by in future once the group enters combat

- Post in Order of initiative and state your actions including rolls in a spoiler if necessary. Should there be questions about a specific action post that in the appropriate Combat Tracker. That way we keep 'minor ooc details' out of the general OOC thread.

- Once we enter combat I will try to keep things running as smooth as possible. In order to "keep the flow" of the story I will NPC any PC who has not posted in 2 consecutive days (of course this rule can be ignored if said player tells me in advance that he can't post. In that case I'll try to resolve his actions via PM beforehand and include those in his initiative)

- fyi, I generally dislike combat but I know there are physical oriented PCs out there and sometimes it is fun to roll the dice and see some nice numbers. I try to keep a nice balance so no one feels neglected.

Here is the House rule entry: Streamlined Combat

It occured to me the other day that we should not be rolling the damage for you Joani, otherwise it makes their Soak much more effective than it should be.

we are doing

Base + extra = Rolled - Soak

And it should be

Base + Extra - Soak = Rolled

Example

Current

[8]+6L+4 (extra) = [8]+10 dice = 12 (avg rolls) - 10 Soak = 2 health lvls

Correct

[8]+6L+4 (extra) = [8]+10 - 10 Soak = 8 dice = 3.2 Health Lvls on avg

So I think we need to just calculate our bit and leave Joani to roll the damage.

Originally Posted By: Rorx
[the math-stuff]

So I think we need to just calculate our bit and leave Joani to roll the damage.

I thought Joani was just taking dice off the damage rolls. That's all. And stripping away autos, of course.

On Math-Stuff - I will provide you with the Soak of your targets in future. I'm going to update an NPC section with Combat stats so everyone can check back if in doubt.

Unfortunately I caught the flu (not THAT one) and am feeling under the weather currently. I hope I'll be better by tomorrow to resume posting.

yeah - I hope so to. So far this year has been terrible to me. I just want to scratch '09 of my calender as fast as possible and move on to 2010. Hopefully that year will be better in general.

Back to topic - I'm still not 100% but improving. Working on updates.

@Simon and Savannah - Unfortunately your attack 'only hits' normally because Savi failed to roll a suxx. That means damage is not doubled for that stunt.

I'll need a Juno post to resolve your turn - I'll updated it later tonight if Smax has no time assuming Juno will run to the gas station once the distraction is up.

@Mutants strike back crew - I try to get your updates later tonight.

@Star - that's ok - take your time I fully understand your situation. If you need anything done just PM it to me and I will "take over" until you're ok to post again.

@3.2 - Tim's team - Updated Combat Turn 2

@General - I'm still a bit swamped but that's because of health reasons. Currently I can't maintain more than a few posts per day if at all until I'm back to 100%.

Aside from that I am still trying to streamline the game and avoid situations in which we have to wait for someone to make a roll. I will adapt Jameson's habit of rolling your initiative once combat starts - that way we have an order of actions and you can start posting accordingly.

The next thing I had in mind was making "minor" rolls for you if the situation requires it in order to maintain a flow of telling the story. Of course if it's a situation with conflicting potential and much depends on what you decide to do I won't make your rolls - but if it's "just" something you'd be doing anyway but a roll is needed to determine how successful you are I would make that roll for you in my update (unless you rolled beforehand in yours).

This is of course free to debate and I will consider your feedback if it is not welcomed.

See you hopefully on a more regular base next week.

I can't post IC until tonight (~10pm EST), but Kevin's throwing up a forcefield between people and the machines. He's not maxing yet, and he's been prepping to do this almost the entire thread, so he should just be able to pay double for it to activate it safely.

Just in case Joani gets to the update first.

Hey Fox - if you read this anytime soon - I put out a post "just" for you and am waiting on some kind of reaction and a roll so I can put you more into action with the teams. I suppose you "overlooked" it because it was done on a day I made several updates at once.

@Smax - you find the keys and get the truck started - no problem there. I need a Dex+Drive roll if you want to do some of the funky shit we talked about in Chat ;p

Archived